Allen Goff's R/C CAP C-182

Started by xray328, September 05, 2015, 01:49:32 PM

xray328

Anyone know this guy? Hoping he's a member. I wanted to get more info on the build. I've never seen any CAP decals at that scale.

Capt Thompson

Don't know him, but that's awesome!

Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

JC004

I don't see a member by that name.  Clearly, if not, someone must recruit this person immediately and have them make another 500 so we can double the fleet.

PHall

Should have his C&D letter any time now for using CAP Insignia! >:D

xray328

That took an incredible about of talent. I'm assuming he did the graphics free hand. I'd be afraid to fly it, but it'd sure like to have one. It has an 81" Wingspan, costs $500, airframe only.

JacobAnn

That is amazing.  I'd love to have one and I know my limitations.  I would be much better off buying it than trying to build it.

TheSkyHornet

Don't know of "Allen Goff," although I did check up on him on Google after seeing this topic.

We had a similar chap who build RC planes swing by a squadron meeting a couple of weeks ago. He built a J-3 in CAP paint, I'd say probably around 6-8' in wingspan. It was an amazing piece of art to look at. He said the only airplanes he builds are CAP planes, and he does it solely out of respect for CAP, never having been in before but has a lot of friends who were in CAP over the years.

xray328

That's pretty cool. I guess this guys out of Muncie, IN