Main Menu

ID Card for CAP

Started by XxJake114xX, January 21, 2013, 12:44:06 AM

XxJake114xX

So, I joined on December 21, 2012, and my fellow cadets said it takes around 3 weeks to get the card. Well, it is January 20, 2013 and I still dont have it. I dont know if there is somewhere where I make the ID in eservices or what. Do I have to download something on my computer or order it somwhere on Vanguard? Has anybody had to wait this long? 

Майор Хаткевич

I believe there is currently an issue with the cadet packets/cards, but I may be wrong. I would talk to your squadron leaders, and if anything have them check with national regarding the status of the card. It may have been lost in the mail.

That said, there is a module in eservices to print a temporary card.

XxJake114xX

Wait... what is "Photo Upload" in eservices?

Майор Хаткевич

That is for the picture that will be on the Id card. It won't be on the first one.

Eclipse

^ that is where you upload your properly formatted photo for your CC to approve to appear on your ID card.

Required for all Senior Members, optional for cadets.

Something to discuss with your CC.

Also, considering the holidays, they've probably only had your application a couple of weeks.  Don't get too antsy until Feb.

"That Others May Zoom"

Devil Doc

No Rush, youll learn that CAP stands for Come and Pay, lol. There is one person that does all of the applications, gonna work the poor girl to death, lol.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

XxJake114xX

Quote from: Devil Doc on January 21, 2013, 02:59:17 AM
No Rush, youll learn that CAP stands for Come and Pay, lol. There is one person that does all of the applications, gonna work the poor girl to death, lol.

Yup.

thanks guys for the advice.

stillamarine

Quote from: Eclipse on January 21, 2013, 02:54:47 AM
^ that is where you upload your properly formatted photo for your CC to approve to appear on your ID card.

Required for all Senior Members, optional for cadets.

Something to discuss with your CC.

Also, considering the holidays, they've probably only had your application a couple of weeks.  Don't get too antsy until Feb.

Since when has it been required for all seniors? I still haven't uploaded a photo and I just renewed again.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Luis R. Ramos

It became a requirement a few months back. It was posted in the announcements page, and it is stated in the regulations:

CAPR 39-2 27 dated DECEMBER 2012 section 1.15 b.:

Quoteb. Active senior members, fifty year members... and cadets 18 and over will receive a photo membership card. These members must upload a passport-style photo with a plain white or off white background into their member record through eServices...

I believe you also have to provide a new one every five years...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Private Investigator

Quote from: Jake Pearman on January 21, 2013, 12:44:06 AM
So, I joined on December 21, 2012, and my fellow cadets said it takes around 3 weeks to get the card. Well, it is January 20, 2013 and I still dont have it. 

I actually expect it in 30 days while 3 weeks is optimistic. It should be to you, today or tomorrow.

Welcome aboard and have fun