Main Menu

It's been 6 weeks...

Started by Ozzy, July 23, 2019, 01:29:33 PM

Ozzy

...since I renewed my membership.  Still waiting for my ID card to arrive in the mail. Maybe they stopped sending until they got a new vendor that doesn't think CAP is it's own nation?

Coincidentally, it's been 4 weeks or so since my Wing Commander approved my promotion to MSgt which still hasn't shown up in eServices and about 10 months since I completed TLC Intermediate and it's still not recorded in eServices.

I know CAP is a volunteer organization but there was a reason why I was hesitant on re-upping.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

THRAWN

Quote from: Ozzy on July 23, 2019, 01:29:33 PM
...since I renewed my membership.  Still waiting for my ID card to arrive in the mail. Maybe they stopped sending until they got a new vendor that doesn't think CAP is it's own nation?

Coincidentally, it's been 4 weeks or so since my Wing Commander approved my promotion to MSgt which still hasn't shown up in eServices and about 10 months since I completed TLC Intermediate and it's still not recorded in eServices.

I know CAP is a volunteer organization but there was a reason why I was hesitant on re-upping.

Your last sentence is an excuse that has always really annoyed me. "But we're just volunteers!" Boo-hoo. Imagine if your house burned down and the guy with the hose shrugged and said "I'm just a volunteer..."

Hope you get your very simple admin issues resolved soon. This is exactly why CAP hemorrhages talent.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: THRAWN on July 23, 2019, 01:37:36 PM

Your last sentence is an excuse that has always really annoyed me. "But we're just volunteers!" Boo-hoo. Imagine if your house burned down and the guy with the hose shrugged and said "I'm just a volunteer..."

Hope you get your very simple admin issues resolved soon. This is exactly why CAP hemorrhages talent.

Well, that and Tin Pot Fiefdom Masters.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

I think the NCO promotions are on paper forms. It's possible it got lost in transit. Ask your squadron Personnel Officer to follow up.

Did you take TLC Intermediate around the same time you took TLC Basic? Basic is a pre-req for Intermediate and I've sen several times where the the paperwork for the 2nd level course (TLC Intermediate) shows up before the first level (TLC Basic) at the admin desk at NHQ and it not entered because of the missing pre-req.

Even if this is not the case follow up with your squadron Professional Development Officer. And if your squadron does not have one or both of these positions filled consider volunteering for one of them (as the X NCO)

Ozzy

Quote from: Phil Hirons, Jr. on July 23, 2019, 02:18:58 PM
I think the NCO promotions are on paper forms. It's possible it got lost in transit. Ask your squadron Personnel Officer to follow up.

Did you take TLC Intermediate around the same time you took TLC Basic? Basic is a pre-req for Intermediate and I've sen several times where the the paperwork for the 2nd level course (TLC Intermediate) shows up before the first level (TLC Basic) at the admin desk at NHQ and it not entered because of the missing pre-req.

Even if this is not the case follow up with your squadron Professional Development Officer. And if your squadron does not have one or both of these positions filled consider volunteering for one of them (as the X NCO)

Promotion and TLC Intermediate issue was already pushed to Wing and they have been aware. This is mostly just bellyaching; "The right to complain, being necessary for moral and good order, shall not be infringed"
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
GAWG Encampment 18, 19

CFToaster

If it makes you feel any better, it took almost a full year to get my HSO promotion to show up in eservices....

PHall

Does your promotion to MSgt need to go through Region?  You might want to check the regs to see.
Asking your Wing Director of Personnel to check to see if it's hung up somewhere in the system couldn't hurt either.
Asking your Wing Command Chief, if you have one, to check up on it would be a good idea too.

THRAWN

Quote from: CFToaster on July 23, 2019, 03:57:31 PM
If it makes you feel any better, it took almost a full year to get my HSO promotion to show up in eservices....

It does not.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Spam

Ozzy,

I know the boss did inquire last WED, after your email.
I just called NHQ to follow up, and they're checking.
I'll let you know as soon as I hear.
I did also ask whats up with no card, at all!

Since she has been selected as SER/CC, I've been trying to step in to handle following up on some of these actions as her Vice.

On the continuing problem - which is squarely an NHQ problem - recording TLC credit, I have repeatedly made the suggestion to NHQ that they transition to the same online forms used by other PD courses, to no avail. No one at NHQ is listening, or seems to care, and whoever the people are who are forced to take the scanned Form 11 and type in credit, very frequently make errors due to handwriting nonrecognition or inattention.  Your lack of credit is the case example that I've raised to argue to get this FIXED.

Ned, could you help us champion the TLC credit issue? I seem to have about five or six complaints a year, from my GA Wing troops alone, that their credit is missing in eServices.

V/r
Spam

Ozzy

Quote from: PHall on July 23, 2019, 04:30:41 PM

Does your promotion to MSgt need to go through Region?  You might want to check the regs to see.
Asking your Wing Director of Personnel to check to see if it's hung up somewhere in the system couldn't hurt either.
Asking your Wing Command Chief, if you have one, to check up on it would be a good idea too.

MSgt just requires Wing approval and then gets sent to Lmmeforms@capnhq.gov for eServices updating. EServices doesn't at this time have a module for NCO promotions (For reasons untold, it should only take a couple hours at most to code since they already do this for officer promotions).

Quote from: CFToaster on July 23, 2019, 03:57:31 PM

It does not for me either.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
GAWG Encampment 18, 19

Holding Pattern

I don't know the exact process, but in WAWG TLC used to show up for my members as a "Form 11" entry, but when I most recently when I went through last year it was entered almost immediately as a "LMS" entry.

Perhaps a new process came out that all wings aren't fully aware of or on-boarded with?

Spam

Everyone please congratulate Ozzy... the newest MSGT on the street!

(With a new ID card also)!

Well done!
Spam

Fester

When I rejoined last year, I was eligible for credit for several items as a former Cadet.  It only took 14 months to get them all credited in eServices.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

NIN

Quote from: Fester on August 17, 2019, 07:55:38 AM
When I rejoined last year, I was eligible for credit for several items as a former Cadet.  It only took 14 months to get them all credited in eServices.
I have shared with a few people in my wing the letter that I have used to request the cadet service equivalence in the senior program. In my experience it has been sent to headquarters and the credit shows up within a week or so.

Nothing should ever take 14 months. Nothing should take more than a month. If something is taking more than a month then you, your personnel officer, your commander, your professional development officer, your wing people, all need to be finding out what the hell is going on.

Nothing takes 14 months to process. Something got lost in the first 14 minutes.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

goblin

Quote from: NIN on August 17, 2019, 01:06:06 PM
I have shared with a few people in my wing the letter that I have used to request the cadet service equivalence in the senior program. In my experience it has been sent to headquarters and the credit shows up within a week or so.

Nothing should ever take 14 months. Nothing should take more than a month. If something is taking more than a month then you, your personnel officer, your commander, your professional development officer, your wing people, all need to be finding out what the hell is going on.

I've sent up a waiver to the CAP/DO twice since last August (same one). Both seem to have gotten "lost" at SER level.

Finally gave up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eclipse

Quote from: goblin on August 17, 2019, 02:31:12 PM
I've sent up a waiver to the CAP/DO twice since last August (same one). Both seem to have gotten "lost" at SER level.

What's it a waiver for?

Maybe it wasn't lost, maybe it wasn't even considered.

Maybe it was lost, all the more reason to follow up weekly.  I go into the sent folder, hit 'Reply-All'
and add a simple "following up on this" until I get a response.

Squeaky wheel, etc., etc., and you have an audit trail of being ignored.

Always a good idea to /cc other people as well for the visibility in case "everyone knows Jim doesn't do email" (etc.)

"That Others May Zoom"

goblin

Quote from: Eclipse on August 17, 2019, 02:51:07 PM
Quote from: goblin on August 17, 2019, 02:31:12 PM

What's it a waiver for?

Maybe it wasn't lost, maybe it wasn't even considered.

Maybe it was lost, all the more reason to follow up weekly.  I go into the sent folder, hit 'Reply-All'
and add a simple "following up on this" until I get a response.

Squeaky wheel, etc., etc., and you have an audit trail of being ignored.

Always a good idea to /cc other people as well for the visibility in case "everyone knows Jim doesn't do email" (etc.)

It was a waiver for military flight time equivalency for CAP wings. I know for sure the first one was lost since I was told it was lost. I followed up almost weekly but I have recently transferred out of the region so I gave up.

Is it something I need? No. If I wasn't considered for the waiver then a "thanks but no thanks" is warranted.

We have people in place at all echelons to help with this. I sent up 3 of my folks for annual awards and followed up with the GP/CC twice to make sure he got them.

Found out later he never sent them up because he "forgot".

The processes, at least in my last wing, are broken. It's unfortunate but nothing can really be done to mitigate this. We shouldn't have to be the squeaky wheel and email everyone from the WG/CC down just to get something approved, but that's the way it has to go unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eclipse

Quote from: goblin on August 17, 2019, 02:57:10 PMWe shouldn't have to be the squeaky wheel and email everyone from the WG/CC down just to get something approved, but that's the way it has to go unfortunately.

Sadly no argument there.

"That Others May Zoom"

Jester

Quote from: Spam on August 17, 2019, 07:38:16 AM

Everyone please congratulate Ozzy... the newest MSGT on the street!

(With a new ID card also)!

Well done!
Spam

Congrats on the rooftop!

We should form a CAP chapter of the Top 3 Club. It'll only have like eight and a half members nationwide, but still.

NIN

Two are in my wing, and I saw at least a half dozen or more in Baltimore.

Me thinks the Top Three would be bigger
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Fester

Quote from: NIN on August 17, 2019, 01:06:06 PM

I know exactly where it got held up.  At the local CC level.  Even though it took me that long of asking at least once a month on a status report, the letter never got sent. 

Speaking of which, I wonder if I could get NHQ to change the dates on all those items back to the date I first requested it to that CC in writing via email.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996