Main Menu

Free Business Cards

Started by ♠SARKID♠, May 28, 2009, 12:07:18 AM

♠SARKID♠

I like to carry business cards with my CAP recruiting info with me so I was pretty excited to find a site where you can get them for free.  At VistaPrint.com you can fill out your info, pick a background (the flag is really the only CAP appropriate one), and all you pay is S&H.  My stack of 250 just came in the mail today.  Definitely a great resource given the amount of money we already put into CAP.  Also, I hit the "Are these Business Cards really Free?" link below the info entry area and they upgraded me to glossy cards.

Eclipse

Having any decent-looking business card is a plus when making contact with the public, so +2 for making the effort, as to the free vendors, I'm not a big fan of the ad on the back of the cards.

I prefer to make my own using Avery clean edge.

"That Others May Zoom"

whatevah

except your free professional cards say on the back of them you got them from Vistaprint and everybody you give them to will know you're a cheapskate. :)      My thought is, if you're in a position where you actually need personal business cards, spend the few dollars for them.  I think I got 1000 of them for my photography a couple years ago on linen stock with raised print for under $20.

On the idea of printing yourself... they bleed!
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Stonewall

Yeah, I think I dropped $13 on some really nice cards from Vista Print.  They were only $7 but I opted to have www.gocivilairpatrol.com on the back. 

SARKID, you have radios, a truck with strobes and lots of gear.  Something tells me you can drop a few bucks for some business cards with a CAP logo on them.
Serving since 1987.

Eclipse

Quote from: whatevah on May 28, 2009, 12:35:40 AM
On the idea of printing yourself... they bleed!

I try not to cut them, but I've also not had that issue during printing or after giving them out - in fact the majority of business cards I see these days are inkjet printed - its getting more and more unusual to find raised ink cards.

Most people these days take them, enter them into a computer and dispose of them, anyway.

Edit - mine don't bleed - I just grabbed one out of the bag and rubbed it as hard as I could - no bleeding, then I ran it under a faucet - no bleeding, then I rubbed it as hard as I could under the water - the ink stayed fast...until the card disintegrated as any card stock would.

"That Others May Zoom"

JoeTomasone

Vistaprint will soon bombard you with email offers a-plenty.

Polecat

Thanks for the heads up, but like stated by others I don't feel like having a big "Hey everybody! I am a cheapskate!"  sign on the back of my cards.  It isn't that expensive to get alot of cards made, but I could see the want to get them for free.

Stonewall

Quote from: JoeTomasone on May 28, 2009, 01:11:43 AM

I have made about 7 orders from them and haven't gotten a single email ad. 
Serving since 1987.

Hoorah

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on May 28, 2009, 12:07:18 AM
I like to carry business cards with my CAP recruiting info with me so I was pretty excited to find a site where you can get them for free.  At VistaPrint.com you can fill out your info, pick a background (the flag is really the only CAP appropriate one), and all you pay is S&H.  My stack of 250 just came in the mail today.  Definitely a great resource given the amount of money we already put into CAP.  Also, I hit the "Are these Business Cards really Free?" link below the info entry area and they upgraded me to glossy cards.
To bad I  dont have time to order them.

Stonewall

Here's the card I got from Vista Print:

Serving since 1987.

♠SARKID♠

I just thought it was cool that they were free.  I hadn't really looked at how much business cards cost and just went for it and shared.

Eclipse

Quote from: Stonewall on May 28, 2009, 01:36:00 AM
Quote from: JoeTomasone on May 28, 2009, 01:11:43 AM

I have made about 7 orders from them and haven't gotten a single email ad.

Most of these places have an "opt-out" box, and generally don't spam their paying customers, of which Stonewall is one of them.

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on May 28, 2009, 01:37:25 AM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on May 28, 2009, 12:07:18 AM
To bad I  dont have time to order them.

In the time you spent answering this thread, you'd have them done.

"That Others May Zoom"

DC

^^^ That's really nice; clean, simple, and professional. I know someone who uses Vista Print for all of their biz cards, pamphlets and other literature for their business, it all looks very sharp. Their shipping is super fast too, things usually arrive within 2  or 3 days.