2010 Winter National Board

Started by Spike, February 26, 2010, 05:52:41 PM

Gunner C

NCRblues

So since i lost the feed for long periods of time i cant put it all together so a little help...

Today we got the briefings (same ones we heard last board basically?) then a break....then almost a uniform discusion but then time was up?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

BillB

Maybe I have the wrong link, Can someone post the correct link? Tried the Icon yesterday and zilch. .
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

JoeTomasone

alamrcn

LOL

What comedy club will Gen Courter be apearing at next?

She's good. I'm glad the board's morale is up like this.

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

RiverAux

It seems that NHQ will now be providing a report to the NB at each meeting about any regulations that need updating due to changes made by ICL or other regulations and especially with anything wrong with the 6 oldest regs.

Did they postpone the uniform stuff (items 3.XXX)?

RiverAux

4e approved -- electronic records suffice even if an old reg says its supposed to be paper.

RiverAux

All of the agenda items 5a,b,e,f,h,i referred to the Governance Committee.  Bylaws and public trust committees will be involved.  According to their report, they're looking at a comprehensive reform package. 

flyguy06

I got cut out during a great discussion

Johnny Yuma

I lost audio during the discussion of membership action over arrests.

As if they think someone's going to abide by this...
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

RiverAux

5c referred to Legal and adverse action committees.

flyguy06

This reminds me of a session of congress.

RiverAux

5d - requiring re-fingerprinting of NEC members. 

What is the point of this ?  We've already confirmed that they are who they are.  Why not just run a new background check?  What is the need for new fingerprints?  We don't send new cards in for CD re-screening.

Amended to apply to all corporate officers and passed. 

RiverAux

Quote from: flyguy06 on February 27, 2010, 04:55:23 PM
They are doing a lot "my learned colleague" and "the dignguished gentlemen".  I don't recall that much of this sort of thing at prior meetings.  Guess they've been watching a lot of C-SPAN lately.

flyguy06

Quote from: RiverAux on February 27, 2010, 05:05:13 PM
Quote from: flyguy06 on February 27, 2010, 04:55:23 PM
They are doing a lot "my learned colleague" and "the dignguished gentlemen".  I don't recall that much of this sort of thing at prior meetings.  Guess they've been watching a lot of C-SPAN lately.

Its also the whole thing about getting a vote to pass then a second, then all in favor of. amendmants. I guess I am used to command desicions. But I have never seen thislevel of CAP before so its new to me. I thought we had commanders that just made command desicions. Didnt realize yyou had call for a vote, get a second then vote. Very interesting.

vento

^^^ Think of us as a corporation with board of Directors instead...

BillB

So they are up to page 39 of 117 pages.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

flyguy06

Quote from: vento on February 27, 2010, 05:11:14 PM
^^^ Think of us as a corporation with board of Directors instead...

Yeah, I guess, but thats not really what I wanted to join. Never really cared for corporate America. ho hum. But it is what it is.

Ned

Quote from: flyguy06 on February 27, 2010, 05:08:51 PMIts also the whole thing about getting a vote to pass then a second, then all in favor of. amendmants. I guess I am used to command desicions. But I have never seen thislevel of CAP before so its new to me. I thought we had commanders that just made command desicions. Didnt realize yyou had call for a vote, get a second then vote. Very interesting.

Interesting factoid: the only place we teach this kind of leadership in CAP is in the cadet program, specifically the Cadet Advisory Council.

RiverAux

5j SAV closeout.  Approved.
Now on to uniform stuff....