HEAD'S UP: KSWG member needs your prayers

Started by Johnny Yuma, August 19, 2009, 06:24:01 PM

Johnny Yuma

Please keep Major Phillip Aye in your thoughts and prayers. Major Aye was stricken with a major bout of pneumonia while at National Blue Beret and had to be hospitalized in St. Louis while en route home to Kansas earlier this month. He's currently in critical condition and on a ventilator.

Phil is the commander of the 77th Composite squadron in Emporia and the husband of the Kansas Wing commander, Col. Regena Aye.

Anyone wishing to send a card or a letter can either send them to the KSWG Wing HQ or can send them to me and I will forward them on.

My address is :

233 N. 4th Street
Osage City, KS 66523
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Nolan Teel

Airrace

Sorry to hear about this. I will keep him in my thougts.

Dustoff

My prayers are with him.

TSgt Laning
CAP-USAF NCLR
Jim

CadetProgramGuy

I passed this along my chain of command and along to my personal list of friends and colleagues that know the Aye Family.

Maj Aye is a rock and foundation to CAP, his family, and his friends.

RickFranz

Anyone wishing to send a card or a letter can either send them to the KSWG Wing HQ or can send them to me and I will forward them on.

KSWG Wing HQ address is:

Kansas Wing Headquarters
Civil Air Patrol
3024 Arnold Ave., Salina KS 67401
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Kaye Downing

Will be glad to add him to our church's prayer list. We have 24 hr/7 adoration so he will be remembered.

Kaye Downing, Capt.
Jacksonville Composite Sq.
FL 383

Airrace

Do you have any upadate on Major Phillip Aye?

RickFranz

He is still in ICU, and stable.  He is fighting pemonia and an infection.  He is on a lot of meds and still needs our prayers.

(Sorry for any misspelled words - spell checker not working)
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Chappie

This prayer request has been distributed to the PCR Chaplain Corps as well.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

md132

My prayers and well wishes.   I have added him to my prayer lists both at my church and with our SDF Chaplain Corps

Johnny Yuma

Phil had a very bad day today. He had a lung collapse and was rushed into surgery to reinflate. Tomorrow they do a tracheotomy so he can breathe easier. Still in ICU and critical.

Gena (Col. Aye, we were cadets in the same unit back in the day) has set up an update page to keep folks appraised of what's going on. Here's the URL:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/philliphayejr/
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

capchiro

Thank you.  Prayers are on the way.  My son just attended Blue Beret and had only good to say about the Col. and Maj.  He said, "Dad, we are family, we are Blue Beret."  Enough said.  Please prayer for them and theirs.  Thank You.
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

Airrace

Quote from: capchiro on August 25, 2009, 01:39:32 AM
Thank you.  Prayers are on the way.  My son just attended Blue Beret and had only good to say about the Col. and Maj.  He said, "Dad, we are family, we are Blue Beret."  Enough said.  Please prayer for them and theirs.  Thank You.

My son also attened Blue beret this year and spoke highly of Major Aye. We are still keeping him in our prayers!

Johnny Yuma

All,

Col. Aye added a new update to Caringbridge regarding Phillip's condition today. It's not good.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/philliphayejr/

" Skip a bit, brother."

billford1

Jon, Our Prayers are with Phil and Regina. I have to believe He's still got a chance.

BRgds,

Bill

Johnny Yuma

BUMP.

Phil's still hanging in there. One lung has pretty much healed, the other is still leaking. More at Caringbridge: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/philliphayejr/

One of Phil's friends created a Youtube tribute to him here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4C3SGqkFH8

" Skip a bit, brother."

flyguy06

Very nice video. Doe anybody know what unit in the 82nd he was in?

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: flyguy06 on September 22, 2009, 05:46:19 PM
Very nice video. Doe anybody know what unit in the 82nd he was in?

3/504 PIR from 1986-1989 when he had the jump accident on Sicily DZ. The bulk of that time was in the Battalion Scout/Sniper platoon from what I understand.  He's got some pretty good stories from Operation Golden Pheasant and his time in Panama just prior to Just Cause.

" Skip a bit, brother."

C/MSgt Lunsford

Wright Brothers #13915