US Civil Air Patrol Name Rescinded

Started by sardak, November 04, 2007, 01:13:02 AM

Smokey

But the cadinks on the front page have Wing patches on their Blues!!!!!
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

ddelaney103

Quote from: Eclipse on December 03, 2007, 08:57:35 PM
The new CAP Cadet Staff Handbook has been released:

http://level2.cap.gov/documents/P052_015.pdf
The back page contains the most recent version of the MAJCOM >without< the "US" in the center.

That is so annoying.  We've had the "US" below the triangle since the war years.  It's still a part of the "overseas patch" the OCONUS sqdns wear.  There's just no reason to change it.

It's things like this that give the "Tinfoil Hat Comp Sqdn's" traction for their stories about Vanguard and the uniform change conspiracies.

jimmydeanno

I think it would be a major set back if NHQ had to dispose of every picture in their inventory when there was a new uniform change...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Grumpy

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 03, 2007, 09:29:38 PM
I think it would be a major set back if NHQ had to dispose of every picture in their inventory when there was a new uniform change...

I agree whole heartedly.  Just think how much money it would cost to go through every regulation, manual, pamphlet, etc., etc. to change the pictures for a minor uniform change.

Eclipse

Quote from: Grumpy on December 03, 2007, 10:05:46 PM

I agree whole heartedly.  Just think how much money it would cost to go through every regulation, manual, pamphlet, etc., etc. to change the pictures for a minor uniform change.

There's no need for a Ministry of Truth that changes history to reflect current ideas, but pamphlets created past a certain sundown for something glaring, especially for a pamphlet that proposes to be the guide for running the CP, shoudl correct or corrected (in the case of revisions).

I guarantee you members will be holding this up and saying that, based on the date, the wing patch must still be ok on the blues.

"That Others May Zoom"

Grumpy

Quote from: Eclipse on December 04, 2007, 01:48:29 AM
Quote from: Grumpy on December 03, 2007, 10:05:46 PM

There's no need for a Ministry of Truth that changes history to reflect current ideas, but pamphlets created past a certain sundown for something glaring, especially for a pamphlet that proposes to be the guide for running the CP, shoudl correct or corrected (in the case of revisions).

I guarantee you members will be holding this up and saying that, based on the date, the wing patch must still be ok on the blues.

I only used pamphlets as an example.  However, I can not see publishing a whole new document every time a uniform in a photo changes.  If there is a big change on procedures and you're going to change the document anyway; then do it all at once,  photos and all.  People are always talking about keeping costs down

About the wing patch on the blues.  I still remember when the Air Force wore the numbered AF on their left shoulder (A custom from our Army heritage).

I was sorry to see them/us remove the wing patch because it identified what unit, wing, command, what ever, you belonged to and helped bolster esprit-de-corps.  I agree if you're on a function on an AF base and you need a new blue shirt it makes it easier just to iron it.

JCW0312

Quote from: Grumpy on December 04, 2007, 06:39:10 AM
However, I can not see publishing a whole new document every time a uniform in a photo changes. 

Talk about expensive. Plus, at the rate we're going, they'd have to replace the pictures by the time they got the pamphlets from the printer. >:D
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
Memphis Belle Memorial Squadron
SER-TN-144

Eclipse

Quote from: JCW0312 on December 04, 2007, 03:55:21 PM
Quote from: Grumpy on December 04, 2007, 06:39:10 AM
However, I can not see publishing a whole new document every time a uniform in a photo changes. 

Talk about expensive. Plus, at the rate we're going, they'd have to replace the pictures by the time they got the pamphlets from the printer. >:D

Of course since they don't actually "print" them anymore, the real cost approaches zero.

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Eclipse on December 04, 2007, 06:57:00 PM
Of course since they don't actually "print" them anymore, the real cost approaches zero.

How sure are you about that?  ;) 

PS:  Perhaps the last 10 posts should be attached to the CS Handbook thread in the CP section...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

thp

When is Vanguard going to get the memo...
They just keep adding more and more U.S. CAP stuff ???

JCW0312

Quote from: thp on December 06, 2007, 01:55:29 AM
When is Vanguard going to get the memo...
They just keep adding more and more U.S. CAP stuff ???

Such as? I just looked at their site and couldn't find any new US CAP stuff (maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot?). I noticed that they removed the "US CAP" nametapes.
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
SER-TN-144

thp

JCW0312

Quote from: thp on December 06, 2007, 02:04:06 AM
Try CAP>NOVELTY ITEMS>MISC.

Ahhh. you weren't kidding. Pretty funny they should add these items after they pull the US CAP bdu tapes. I guess it takes a little time for the shipment to arrive from China, and you gotta sell the stuff, right? Sounds like some collectors items to me.
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
SER-TN-144

RiverAux

Well, they are NOVELTY items now, aren't they?

mikeylikey

Quote from: RiverAux on December 06, 2007, 03:38:04 AM
Well, they are NOVELTY items now, aren't they?

I hope someone puts them into the Timecapsule that is due to be sealed up in a few days.
What's up monkeys?

jimmydeanno

^You know you want an ultra marine blue fanny pack with a white screen printed cessna on it...

BillB

Can someone tell me where the US Civil Air Patrol patch was "unauthorized"? All the NEC did was remove the US Civil Air Patrol from corrospondance signature block.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Eclipse

Quote from: BillB on December 06, 2007, 01:43:47 PM
Can someone tell me where the US Civil Air Patrol patch was "unauthorized"? All the NEC did was remove the US Civil Air Patrol from corrospondance signature block.

It was not, nor were >ANY< changes made to uniform item wear or phase out.

Although that is expected to occur soon, those changes cannot even be discussed until the uniform committees meet in February.

"That Others May Zoom"

pixelwonk

this thread has outlived it's usefulness and is only serving to cause confusion.