Attention to orders script?

Started by capcolorguard, November 19, 2018, 03:56:46 AM

capcolorguard

Hey guys, I am going to be the First Sergeant at my squadron, and I am wondering if anyone knows/has the attention to orders script. You know the one that I read during promotions? Thanks

lordmonar

To real set script...

Other than "Attention to orders....."   What you put behind it would be what you want your cadets (I am assuming you are a cadet) to do that meeting.

"Attention to orders, meeting in accords with published schedule."

Easy Pleasey.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

LSThiker

Quote from: lordmonar on November 19, 2018, 06:15:53 AM
To real set script...

Other than "Attention to orders....."   What you put behind it would be what you want your cadets (I am assuming you are a cadet) to do that meeting.

"Attention to orders, meeting in accords with published schedule."

Easy Pleasey.

I think what is being asked for is something along the lines of:

QuoteATTENTION TO ORDERS: THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, ACTING UPON THE RECOMMENDATION OF THE SECRETARY OF THEARMY, HAS PLACED SPECIAL TRUST AND CONFIDENCE IN THE PATRIOTISM, INTEGRITY, AND ABILITIES OF SECOND LIEUTENANT XXXX. IN VIEW OF THESE SPECIAL QUALITIES, AND HIS/HER DEMONSTRATED POTENTIAL TO SERVE IN THE HIGHER GRADE, SECOND LIEUTENANT XXXX IS PROMOTED TO THE GRADE OF FIRST LIEUTENANT, UNITED STATES ARMY, EFFECTIVE THE XXTH DAY OF XXXX, TWO THOUSAND AND XXXX, BY ORDER OF THE SECRETARY OF THE ARMY.

or

QuoteAttention to orders: Headquarters, Department of the Army, The president of the United States has reposed special trust and confidence in the patriotism, valor, fidelity and abilities of [NAME]. In view of these qualities and his/her demonstrated potential for increased responsibility, [NAME] is promoted to [NEW RANK] with a date of rank of [DATE].

LSThiker

Quote from: capcolorguard on November 19, 2018, 03:56:46 AM
Hey guys, I am going to be the First Sergeant at my squadron, and I am wondering if anyone knows/has the attention to orders script. You know the one that I read during promotions? Thanks

CAP has not special script or any "attention to orders" script for promotions.  It is not necessary, really.

audiododd

I don't remember our wording exactly, but my old squadron would do something like this...

Cadet A1C Curry, report to the commander!

< Cadet Reports >

Cadet Curry has completed all the requirements for phase X including tests on drill, aerospace, physical fitness, <blah blah blah>. For successful completion of phase X, Cadet Curry is promoted to the grade of Cadet Senior Airman!

< Pin rank, salute, photo, return to seat>

Dodd Martin, MSgt, CAP
MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Squadron NCO
Safety/Comm/Admin/Personnel/IT
TMP - MO - MS - MRO - MSO

GaryVC

Quote from: audiododd on November 19, 2018, 06:53:07 PM
I don't remember our wording exactly, but my old squadron would do something like this...

Cadet A1C Curry, report to the commander!

< Cadet Reports >

Cadet Curry has completed all the requirements for phase X including tests on drill, aerospace, physical fitness, <blah blah blah>. For successful completion of phase X, Cadet Curry is promoted to the grade of Cadet Senior Airman!

< Pin rank, salute, photo, return to seat>

This is what we do. A senior member reads from the letter that is presented to the cadet at the conclusion of the promotion. It's up to your squadron.

SarDragon

As a suggestion, dig up a copy of the olde CAPM 50-3 (original Leadership Lab) and check out Chapter 21. It has guidelines for just about any special ceremony you might want to do. However, I rarely saw these ceremonies happening, due to unit size, and available time and talent for planning and execution.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: SarDragon on November 19, 2018, 08:21:09 PM
As a suggestion, dig up a copy of the olde CAPM 50-3 (original Leadership Lab) and check out Chapter 21. It has guidelines for just about any special ceremony you might want to do. However, I rarely saw these ceremonies happening, due to unit size, and available time and talent for planning and execution.

In 6 years as a Cadet, visiting a lot of squadrons, not once did I see a ceremony that included "the Four Winds." I don't know what brand of scotch was being consumed when they wrote that into 50-3, but I'd dearly treasure a bottle of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

TheSkyHornet

There may be a misunderstanding as well that this is an Encampment-type assembly (similar to that of Air Force protocol) in which you call everyone to attention and do the "Attention new orders! Uniform of the day is...blah....by the order of..." nonsense.

Don't do that at the unit meeting, please. It gets old, and it's obnoxious.

As somewhat recommended above:
"So we have a promotion this evening. Cadet Smith, will you please come up and report?"
(Cadet reports)
"Cadet Smith has completed all of the requirements to be promoted to the grade of (blah). This promotions comes with greater responsibilities and expectations, which is why it is also accompanied by the (achievement name). And with this promotion, Cadet Smith now enters into a new phase of leadership, opening up opportunities for (whatever). So to make this official, Cadet Smith, is there anyone you'd like to have come up to pin on your new insignia?"
(Pin)
"Congratulations on a job well done."
(Everyone applauds)
(Cadet falls back into the flight)