Main Menu

Award tracking

Started by disamuel, December 24, 2015, 02:34:01 PM

disamuel

I seem to remember that a year or two ago a module was added to eServices to allow members to track their awards. I've searched and can't find reference to it. Does anyone remember where that module was? I have some free time and I want to add some awards so that I have a record that would support my ribbon rack. I'm talking about things like Achievement Award, Find Ribbon, ESM, Search and Rescue Ribbon etc. I know that I can track them separately, but I'd like them all in one place in eServices if possible.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

TheSkyHornet

Hmmm. I'm not familiar with tracking your own awards. I always use the Member Search function and go to my profile, or that of someone else. Then again, I'm no expert on eServices aside from the areas I use regularly to input data.

Personally, I use my own spreadsheets even though eServices is tracking it all for me. I customize it so I can have it propagate notes, dates, and other information to help me track the information I want.

jeders

The Form 120 awards module was added to eServices just a few months ago. It allows you to submit existing awards that would normally be approved on a CAPF120 (no SAR, Find, Red Service, etc.). Once approved, those awards will show in eServices.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: jeders on December 24, 2015, 02:50:03 PM
The Form 120 awards module was added to eServices just a few months ago. It allows you to submit existing awards that would normally be approved on a CAPF120 (no SAR, Find, Red Service, etc.). Once approved, those awards will show in eServices.

I think the lad's asking from the tracking side, not the submission side. Where can he find them to keep tabs on?

jeders

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on December 24, 2015, 02:51:36 PM
Quote from: jeders on December 24, 2015, 02:50:03 PM

I think the lad's asking from the tracking side, not the submission side. Where can he find them to keep tabs on?

Once approved, the awards show in the Awards section of the Training tab of your eServices member record.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

kwe1009

Quote from: disamuel on December 24, 2015, 02:34:01 PM
I seem to remember that a year or two ago a module was added to eServices to allow members to track their awards. I've searched and can't find reference to it. Does anyone remember where that module was? I have some free time and I want to add some awards so that I have a record that would support my ribbon rack. I'm talking about things like Achievement Award, Find Ribbon, ESM, Search and Rescue Ribbon etc. I know that I can track them separately, but I'd like them all in one place in eServices if possible.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Currently the only thing you can see in eServices are awards that are processed via a CAPF120, NCSAs, Encampments, Professional Development, and Cadet Achievements.  You will not see anything that is processed with a CAPF2A (except the items previously mentioned).  So things like a Find Ribbon, SAR Ribbon, Community Service, etc. will not show up in eServices and I don't know if there is a plan to add them in the future either.  If you have any awards that were processed via a CAPF120 (ESM, Achievement Award, etc.) that aren't showing up in eServices, you can add them through the "Award Recommendation" module in eServices, just make sure that you check the "historical" box before submitting it.  You will need to upload the signed CAPF120 and/or certificate.  It is not a automatic process and will have to be approved by your Wing before it shows up in eServices.

disamuel

Okay, thanks to everyone who replied. I entered the awards that I have received and submitted them. Thanks again for the help.

Merry Christmas to all.

Dad2-4

In e-services I only have 5 of my 11 awards listed. When I received many of them, e-services did not have many of the features it does now, and perhaps my previous CC did not enter them on the system. I also no longer have any certificates except for Leoning, which is on e-services.
Is there a way to get those previous awards credited and listed? Things like 2 Commanders Commendations, Cadet Competition Award, Senior Recruiter.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Dad2-4 on December 26, 2015, 02:29:13 PM
In e-services I only have 5 of my 11 awards listed. When I received many of them, e-services did not have many of the features it does now, and perhaps my previous CC did not enter them on the system. I also no longer have any certificates except for Leoning, which is on e-services.
Is there a way to get those previous awards credited and listed? Things like 2 Commanders Commendations, Cadet Competition Award, Senior Recruiter.

The Comm-Comms can be submitted as a historical award by either submitting the approved Form 120 or the certificate scanned into the awards module of eServices. Unfortunately, award tracking only covers decorations; it does not record other awards such as the ones issued by the Form 2a (at least not now).

You can request duplicate certificates to replace the ones you lost by emailing or calling the senior registrar, Jennifer Carroll at NHQ.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040