Goodbye, farewell and Amen

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, January 26, 2015, 03:05:55 AM

Storm Chaser

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on February 04, 2015, 12:37:27 PM
And how do YOU know that LEO/Fire/EMS is taking advantage?

Have YOU been reading this thread? A few members have posted how they "accidentally" show their badges when pulled over. This is not new. I've heard many LEOs I know say the same thing. I'm sure not everyone does it, but many do. When someone is pulled over due to a traffic violation, they should not get preferential treatment because they carry a badge. It's a matter of integrity.

Private Investigator

Come on, guys, does CyBorg's thread really deserve this?  :(

Eclipse

Quote from: Private Investigator on February 04, 2015, 01:09:35 PM
Come on, guys, does CyBorg's thread really deserve this?

The thread has become an empty shirt - put it in Patron status and transfers it to 996.

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

You're right. My apologies.

flyboy53

Quote from: Storm Chaser on February 04, 2015, 02:11:43 PM

You're right. My apologies.

Especially since I joined him on January 31 and am now so bitter about this organization.

Eclipse

Quote from: flyboy53 on February 04, 2015, 04:12:58 PMthis organization.

"This" organization?  What did CAPTalk do to you?

To be fair to all sides here, Cyborg's issues, as chronicled here and in PMs to many of us, are largely self-induced
or out of CAP's control.  Yes, there are a few issues which you could argue are systemic, but for better or worse
they are not atypical of either CAP or other large organizations.  At the end of the day, CAP's charter is not
to be "all things to all men", and at some point people simply have to make decisions.

He's had some unfortunately-timed gaps in service, a lot of unit mobility, and based on comments, at times
has not meshed with his commanders.  His comments indicate he has physical issues which limit his ability to
participate in-person, which is something to be addressed, but out of CAP's control.

Many of us have offered him reasonable suggestions to allow him to continue service despite his indicated limitations,
or to address the issues which he perceives in terms of the way his superiors have treated him.  Those are generally
met with either excuses or comments to the effect of "not wanting to make waves", which is fine, but again,
at some point there is an end to what CAP can do and offer, and when you reach that, it's decision time.

"That Others May Zoom"

Nuke52

Quote from: Eclipse on February 04, 2015, 01:35:18 PM
Come on, guys, does CyBorg's thread really deserve this?

The thread has become an empty shirt - put it in Patron status and transfers it to 996.

Agreed, but should this empty-shirt, Patron-status, 996-chartered thread wear the Nationalvolksarmee der DDR Luftstreitkraefteunteroffiziersausgangsuniform:

or maybe the parade uniform of a Nationalvolksarmee der DDR Luftverteidigungsoberleutnant?

No, you're right.  The latter should be reserved only for National Patrons (patron saints, perhaps?) who've donated a billion dollars (in addition to their $25 "membership" check!) and have been awarded the annual CAP Shuman Award Perpetual Trophy(TM) to be appropriately displayed in a dusty and forgotten corner of the former morgue at 105 S. Hansell St., Maxwell AFB, AL 36112.
Lt Col
Wilson Awd