Goodbye, farewell and Amen

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, January 26, 2015, 03:05:55 AM

a2capt

Quote from: Flying Pig on January 31, 2015, 02:29:30 PMIm leaving CAPTalk... you are all mean,  Im never coming back.
Tick tick tick ...
Quote from: Flying Pig on January 31, 2015, 02:29:52 PMHmmmm.... well that was the most boring 30 seconds of my life.  OK, Im back.
That was only 22 seconds. Go back and do it again.

... and I've also handed my FAA card to a cop, and ... pretty much got the same. "Get out of here. Drive nice" ..

Devil Doc

I handed my DD Form 2765 to a Cop once....... I got off with a warning.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Flying Pig

I dropped my badge and ID on the passenger seat by accident.  >:D

LTCinSWR

That's why I keep my DL in with my creds. :)
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams

L.A. Nelson Lt. Col. CAP
Homeland Security Officer
NM Wing Headquarters

Chappie

My DL and the LE agency ID I work for (non-sworn --but has a badge imprinted on it) are together.   The patrol folks do appreciate the IT folks who support them :)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

NCRblues

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 02, 2015, 03:55:21 PM
I dropped my badge and ID on the passenger seat by accident.  >:D

Had an out of state officer literally hold his badge out the window before I was even out of the car... Citation for him.

That same week I confronted a CAP lt. Col. about claiming to be a former swat officer in Florida. Called and checked on him, was a "reservist" who didn't make the cut in the traning program. He had a badge and everything...kind of creepy...

In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

DoubleSecret

Quote from: NCRblues on February 02, 2015, 09:00:07 PM
Had an out of state officer literally hold his badge out the window before I was even out of the car... Citation for him.

Re the "professional courtesy" side topic that's growing here:

I'm glad someone got the same treatment as a non-LEO.  Would that have been the case had he made his bid for "professional courtesy" in a manner more to your liking?

I wonder how folks justify to themselves the apparent contradiction of:

1) being in an organization that has a character development component for cadets, while
2) making or humoring bids (however subtle) for "professional courtesy" to escape the consequences of a driving violation that would get the average citizen "press hard, 3 copies" and a lighter bank account.

lordmonar

Because we are honest.

We still help develop character development and we still talk about the real world that is less then "idea".

In fact....this same issue can be used as a CD topic.   See what happens.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SarDragon

I've found that professional courtesy is offered, not asked for. I've had a potential ticket turned into a warning (95/70), and another ticket reduced (94/70 -> 80/70) because the LEO noticed that I was in the Navy. Both of these were in the early '70s, long before the recent love for the military.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on February 02, 2015, 10:23:26 PM
I've found that professional courtesy is offered, not asked for.

+1 And generally only after the LEO has ascertained that you aren't doing anything actually
worth citing you for, and aren't acting like a bozo.

Contrition tinged with some humility can save you a lot of time and money - even if you still get the citation.

"That Others May Zoom"

Nuke52

Come on, guys, does CyBorg's thread really deserve this?   :'(
Lt Col
Wilson Awd

Garibaldi

Not for nothing, but it degenerated into a uniform thread and mutated into something else. Very odd. I will miss him on here.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Private Investigator

Quote from: Nuke52 on February 02, 2015, 11:22:57 PM
Come on, guys, does CyBorg's thread really deserve this?   :'(

I am sadden too  :'(

Devil Doc

Es braust ein Ruf wie Donnerhall,
wie Schwertgeklirr und Wogenprall:
Zum Rhein, zum Rhein, zum deutschen Rhein,
wer will des Stromes Hüter sein?

Farwell und folgende Meere.....
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

C/Cool

Quote from: Devil Doc on February 03, 2015, 07:40:15 PM
Es braust ein Ruf wie Donnerhall,
wie Schwertgeklirr und Wogenprall:
Zum Rhein, zum Rhein, zum deutschen Rhein,
wer will des Stromes Hüter sein?

Farwell und folgende Meere.....

Ich mag diesen Kerl! Beiträge alles auf Deutsch . :D
I'm sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?

Simplex

Sorry to see you go. From your posts I know you've had a tough way to go.  All the best in your future endeavors.

Devil Doc

I sure hope he comes back though, the mother land will not be the same without him
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

GroundHawg

Quote from: DoubleSecret on February 02, 2015, 09:56:01 PM

I'm glad someone got the same treatment as a non-LEO.  Would that have been the case had he made his bid for "professional courtesy" in a manner more to your liking?

1) being in an organization that has a character development component for cadets, while
2) making or humoring bids (however subtle) for "professional courtesy" to escape the consequences of a driving violation that would get the average citizen "press hard, 3 copies" and a lighter bank account.

My shift starts in the middle of the night. I drive above the posted speed limits going to work as I am about the only person on the road. That being said, I know that if Im pulled over badge or no badge, Im expecting a ticket. I doubt I will get one in uniform, but I dont get my panties in a wad if I get pulled over and get one. My fellow officers are doing their jobs and will use their best judgement. If he/she believes that a fellow LEO doing 15 over on a deserted highway at 0330 needs a ticket, so be it.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: GroundHawg on February 03, 2015, 11:36:21 PM
Quote from: DoubleSecret on February 02, 2015, 09:56:01 PM

My shift starts in the middle of the night. I drive above the posted speed limits going to work as I am about the only person on the road. That being said, I know that if Im pulled over badge or no badge, Im expecting a ticket. I doubt I will get one in uniform, but I dont get my panties in a wad if I get pulled over and get one. My fellow officers are doing their jobs and will use their best judgement. If he/she believes that a fellow LEO doing 15 over on a deserted highway at 0330 needs a ticket, so be it.

I hate to derail this thread further, but I have a problem with law enforcement officers who commit traffic violations, get free passes because they're LEOs, but then give others tickets/fines because they're "doing their jobs". Their job is not only to enforce the law, but also to follow it. Integrity is doing the right thing, no matter what.

Luis R. Ramos

And how do YOU know that LEO/Fire/EMS is taking advantage? Of course some will be.

However just because they are going fast using lights just to take advantage, does not mean they are abusing their authority.

It may have been several reasons.

They may have been tasked to a situation that using lights/siren would just exacerbate it so they may be going against a red light w/o light or siren. Or they may have used their lights and siren but then gets a cancellation.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer