Goodbye, farewell and Amen

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, January 26, 2015, 03:05:55 AM

bflynn

I can't imagine why he'd want to leave.  All the people here are so kind, not at all snarky or catty...

Eclipse - thank you for setting the tone with your reply to my first post.   You are to be commended on your ability to set energetic newcomers straight. 

I'm done too and since I'm locking my account out, I assure you that you won't see me back.

Майор Хаткевич

Flying Pig

Some of you kids need to take up a new hobby.

Devil Doc

Nun, für was es wert ist, ich hoffe, er entscheidet, durchzuhalten.

Ich selbst war mit havnt CAP aktiv wie ich war, als ich zum ersten Mal kam, ist es schwer mit einem yound Kind. Ich denke, CAP wirklich braucht, um etwas zu tun, oder wir werden mehr Mitglieder verlieren, als uns bewusst ist.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

catrulz

Back in the early days of NESA when it was still called NGSAR and there was only one level of GTM, John Desmaris would send out a letter to the staff that said "Leave your ego at home".  You would sign in and 5 minutes after arriving 10 peoples egos were severely inflicted upon you.

This organization stinks at "Leaving our egos at home."   overbearing egos chase just as many people out the door as "wasting peoples time".   

Mostly, I have experienced very good commanders in CAP.   I have had a personality conflict with a former commander, and unfortunately when that occurs, the best thing you can do is walk out the door (hopefully to another unit).   Cyborg didn't have the option of going to another unit due to geography. 

Every member lost, every member that comes in and just drinks coffee, every meeting that wastes time, is a failure in leadership! 

I wish Cyborg well.  If he comes back, that's okay too. 

PHall

Quote from: catrulz on January 30, 2015, 01:42:21 PM
Back in the early days of NESA when it was still called NGSAR and there was only one level of GTM, John Desmaris would send out a letter to the staff that said "Leave your ego at home".  You would sign in and 5 minutes after arriving 10 peoples egos were severely inflicted upon you.

This organization stinks at "Leaving our egos at home."   overbearing egos chase just as many people out the door as "wasting peoples time".   

Mostly, I have experienced very good commanders in CAP.   I have had a personality conflict with a former commander, and unfortunately when that occurs, the best thing you can do is walk out the door (hopefully to another unit).   Cyborg didn't have the option of going to another unit due to geography. 

Every member lost, every member that comes in and just drinks coffee, every meeting that wastes time, is a failure in leadership! 

This is the third or fourth time Cyborg has left CAP, according to what he has posted. He will be back.
And I predict there will be another conflict of wills somewhere down the road again too. It seems to be a cycle with him.
Maybe next time will be better.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: catrulz on January 30, 2015, 01:42:21 PM

What's so significant about Cyborg's departure? Members come and go all the time. As was noted, Cyborg has left and returned to CAP a few times already. Why would it be a failure in leadership if wishes to take a break again or do something else for a while? On Cyborg's own account, it's not like he was able to contribute significantly to the organization anyway. A break may be good for him. If he wishes to come back, that's fine too.

Flying Pig

Im leaving CAPTalk... you are all mean,  Im never coming back.

Flying Pig

Hmmmm.... well that was the most boring 30 seconds of my life.  OK, Im back. 

James Shaw

Quote from: Flying Pig on January 31, 2015, 02:29:52 PM
Hmmmm.... well that was the most boring 30 seconds of my life.  OK, Im back.

I had to clean the coffee off my iPad screen.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Storm Chaser

Well, I agree that some of the discussions here can get heated at times, but that's because we have a lot of passionate members. That's not necessarily a bad thing. We just need to remember to keep our posts respectful and treat each other the way we want to be treated.

Luis R. Ramos

Pig, I hope you were not flying when you typed those last two messages!

Anyway they were funny.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

PHall

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on January 31, 2015, 04:32:31 PM
Pig, I hope you were not flying when you typed those last two messages!

Anyway they were funny.

Texting and driving is illegal, texting and flying ain't! >:D

Luis R. Ramos

Ok, I will get in my car, put pedal to the metal then will start textin! I will be flying, not in an airplane but in my car...
Squadron Safety Officer

PHall

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on January 31, 2015, 07:10:02 PM
Ok, I will get in my car, put pedal to the metal then will start textin! I will be flying, not in an airplane but in my car...

That should get a laugh out of the traffic court judge! >:D

lordmonar

So my commander was one of those guys who got his pilots certificate right at 16....and...one day...he is speeding down the road on his way to the air field....cop pulls him over....and says....."where's your pilot's license"......you know the old line.....well....he showed it to the cop.  :)

So.....long story short....my commander got off with a "slow it down kid" and a great story to tell.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Squadron Safety Officer

Al Sayre

I got  to show my newly minted PPL to a WV Trooper the same way, wish I  had a camera, the look on his face was priceless.  He just handed it back, got in his car and drove away.  Never said another word after I handed it to him...  ;D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

PHall

Quote from: Al Sayre on February 01, 2015, 12:18:02 AM
I got  to show my newly minted PPL to a WV Trooper the same way, wish I  had a camera, the look on his face was priceless.  He just handed it back, got in his car and drove away.  Never said another word after I handed it to him...  ;D

Lack of preperation on the Trooper's part! :o