Main Menu

CAP Form 31

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, June 28, 2011, 05:37:45 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Am I the only CAP member who believes that CAP Form 31 is much too intrusive?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

AngelWings

Nope. Also, it could be alot shorter and to the point.

a2capt

..until you are unconscious and that information is potentially needed to deal with an issue at the moment.

The Form 31 is designed to work for many activities. If you don't like some portion of it, try "decline to state", and see how it goes. However, a lot does not apply to many of the activities, but having one form is better than having 10. .. albeit 10 shorter ones probably. It is a bit large.

AngelWings

Quote from: a2capt on June 28, 2011, 05:41:42 PM
..until you are unconscious and that information is potentially needed to deal with an issue at the moment.

The Form 31 is designed to work for many activities. If you don't like some portion of it, try "decline to state", and see how it goes. However, a lot does not apply to many of the activities, but having one form is better than having 10. .. albeit 10 shorter ones probably. It is a bit large.
Well, that is a great point. My point is the fact that a bit of condensing could have been used for other sections. Medical information is alot more important and needs to be on a form for activities. Couldn't agree more, but I'm talking about something like page 2, which really should be moved to an event specific thing, which also would allow for any more information to be asked if wanted. But that is only my opinion and i honestly don't care has long has it works.

The CyBorg is destroyed

A lot of the medical information requested could be covered just as well by a complete, well-filled out Form 60.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Quote from: CyBorg on June 28, 2011, 06:12:49 PM
A lot of the medical information requested could be covered just as well by a complete, well-filled out Form 60.

Detailed medical information and info on meds is critical for cadets away from home and also to determine if a cadet is capable of participating.

For seniors, I would allow them to x out that area, assuming their CC did, too, however it has never been an issue.

"That Others May Zoom"