Midwest Flooding

Started by ♠SARKID♠, March 21, 2008, 08:31:44 AM

♠SARKID♠

Okay, whats the skinny from everybody?  Who's affected by the floods, and who's being deployed to help?

Maj Ballard

I'm in Florida, but my entire family's in southeast Missouri. My mom says it's horrible... worse than the floods in 92 and 93. (Which, incidentally, I helped sandbag when I was a cadet.)

I have emailed some folks in squadrons up there.
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

SJFedor

We probably won't hear anything from the field for a bit, cuz they're all so busy!

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

davidsinn

Indiana Wing has been mobilized to sandbag near Indy as of 0300 this morning.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: davidsinn on March 21, 2008, 01:14:29 PM
Indiana Wing has been mobilized to sandbag near Indy as of 0300 this morning.

Neato, you getting any of this snow?  I can't believe how much snow we've gotten in WI.  It was 50 and melting out yesterday and now we've got almost a foot around here.  Ought to be interesting if when it gets warm and starts to flood.

C JMeyer

COLSAC COMPOSITE SQUADRON has been mobilized to operate radios.

-C/Amn Meyer, CAP
Colsac Composite Sqdn
GLR-WI-196

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: C JMeyer on March 22, 2008, 07:40:16 AM
COLSAC COMPOSITE SQUADRON has been mobilized to operate radios.

-C/Amn Meyer, CAP
Colsac Composite Sqdn
GLR-WI-196

:'( :'( :'(  I WANNA GO!!!  :'( :'( :'(

Redbird Leader

Two days ago, our GA-8 was tasked with flying flood water surveillance in the St Louis area.  Yesterday and today, our 182s are flying more surveillance/recon to determine the extent of the flood waters.   My comm team is currently on standby to assist with communications in the Eureka/Valley Park area (suburbs of the St Louis area).  I-44 near Eureka was shut down due to flooding and another local highway (141) was also shut down. 

Volunteers have also been solicited to help with sandbagging, moving food pantry items and, on the TV news last night, the World Bird Sanctuary is requesting help moving some of the animals and office area stuff.

The river is expected to crest todayand then start returning to normal. 

Personally, I'm just sitting here reading CAPTalk and waiting for my phone to ring . . . .
Commander, Redbird Cadet Sqdn (MO-801)
Captain, USAF (Ret)
Prior, never ex, cadet (Mitchell unnumbered Jul 71)

DrDave

Missouri Wing has flown numerous sorties over the last two days on behalf of the State Emergency Management Agency and the Missouri State Water Patrol, specifically aerial photo reconnaissance of flood damage within the counties around Springfield, Missouri, in the southwest corner of the state, and St. Louis and Jefferson counties where the Meramec River is threatening the cities of Pacific, Eureka, Valley Park, and Fenton (as shown on national news).

All rivers were expected to crest yesterday or today, so the immediately threat is lessening.

Additional aircrews and ground team members are on standby throughout the state to assist and wil be deployed as needed or requested -- especially Redbird Leader!

Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

isuhawkeye