"Corporate Uniform" Gone!!

Started by Pingree1492, November 07, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

Airrace

Glad to hear that they are getting ready of the blue pants and white shirt.

Seabee219

Why do alot of you hate the blue and white, can you please expalin?
CAP Capt, Retired US Navy Seabee.
  MRO, MS, MO, UDF, GT3, MSA, CUL
1. Lead by example, and take care of your people

heliodoc

^^^^

Absolutely

Folks here may criticize the miltary....but you know what ..They / we are getting paid to make adjustments and some clothing allowances are out there for the Real Military

With ALL the CLOWNING around CAP does with this and these uniforms, how can anyone profess to claim pride with the circus atmosphere of these so called leaders changing with the wind.

It is a SHAME that adults volunteering or getting paid at these NEC events or NB for completely lame decisions.  And there were plenty of these folks around in the Pineda era kissing fanny and buying in on this crap.  Too bad CAP isn't adult enough in refunding the money to ALLLL those who bought those silly uniforms.

Maybe its time for CAP to reaaaally look inside itself for what is when it comes to uniforms.  Being from the RM....this is really looks bad and the leadership who let this go on for the years.  It DOES look like a circus of people who reallly CAN NOT get it together on a SIMPLE volunteer uniform

CAP is a mockery of the military uniform in all aspects when it shows lame decision making.

Maybe they will come up with a even sillier replacement uniform to keep their cronies happy at Vanguard..you goooooooooCAP booouuuyz!    WOW!

billford1

I'm trying to understand this. The CSU and the TPU were authorized. Members shelled out a lot of money in an attempt to look more like they belong with the folks in wearing AF Blue. Now it's back to pre Pineda days which wouldn't be so bad except for what people have gone through to wear something that looked good like a uniform. I have been a CAP member in 3 states. I've seen grays in so many shades and styles including cargo pants that together they look ridiculous. I really wonder what these NEC folks are thinking.

heliodoc

^^^^

"Thinking they are leaders and doing "something constructive" for a volunteer organization ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seabee219

No wonder why we lose so many membes per month more than we gain.
CAP Capt, Retired US Navy Seabee.
  MRO, MS, MO, UDF, GT3, MSA, CUL
1. Lead by example, and take care of your people

heliodoc

^^^^

Especially when one is shelling out coin for silly uniform decisions

RiverAux

Folks, no matter which of the two uniform combos was discontinued, SOMEONE would be out some money.  I'm willing to bet that in terms of sheer numbers, there are fewer people in the CSU than in the gray/whites, so this probably hurts the fewest people.

And if its true that the AF is still giving us grief over the CSU, get rid of it ASAP.  We don't need to be doing anything that makes them mad and from the start they have apparently disliked this idea. 

Personally, I think the CSU actually looks better, but in this case it makes sense to get rid of it.  I would probably have gone with a longer phase-out period though. 

Paper Pusher

Hawk200

I was not serious. I know the NEC  can't  be made to pay, personally. After Vanguard sues and wins, we will be the ones who pay.

But the NEC can't seem to see off the end of their colective noses. They just went over a reduction in budget. What is the first thing they do? Stick it to the members, finacially, that is why I  bought the CBU in order to have a professional looking uniform, which the grey and whites are not!

billford1

Quote from: Paper Pusher on November 08, 2009, 03:05:13 AM
Hawk200,
That's simple the NEC made the choice without input from the membership let them (personally) foot the bill from Vanguard.

If the NEC was truely concerned about the members that don't meet h/w requirements,  the corporate uniform coats alternatives would be sized acordingly. Most don't meet the 3x or 4 x sizes.
The people I've seen who have gone out and paid the price for the CSU are all really high value, hard working members who really don't deserve to be treated in this high handed insensitive way. If many of them walk a lot of things wont get done anymore. It's kinda like  "YEA WE KNOW WE AUTHORIZED THE UNIFORM AND YOU SPENT YOUR MONEY BUT NOW WE"VE CHANGED OUR MINDS". The people I know who bought that uniform don't deserve this.

PHall

Quote from: argentip on November 08, 2009, 01:38:22 AM
In regards to who is authorized to make changes to the uniforms, this is what the current CAPM 39-1 says:

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 para 1-4New or changed uniform items may not be authorized without the approval of the National Commander/National Board and/or National Headquarters (except as specified in Table 1-3 of this manual).

Not really clear here.  The NEC is not listed.  Sounds like anybody but them can make a change, though.

Who authorized the TPU (aka CSU) in the first place, the NB or the NEC? If I remember correctly it was the NEC which would make the uniform illegal in the first place according to your reasoning.

FW

The CSU was authorized by the NB at the winter 2006 meeting.  I was not in favor of it then because of the plethera of uniforms we already had.  It seemed to be popular however and many members seem to like it.....

The question now is..... What will happen at the 2010 winter NB meeting?  There is a strong possiblity this subject may be brought before the NB for consideration.  I don't think this is the last we will hear of it.

heliodoc

Got it billford

CAP in the  1970's and 1980's did have its own crap going on.....but surely NOT 4 different types of uniforms. Got nothing against any of the ht/wt challenged groups.  CAP ought to have recognized this trend YEARS AGO and saved any trouble from AF and DECIDED on their own for a complete organizational clothing change... but no  CAP historians would be keeling over at that uniform blasphemy

IT IS time for the USAF to kick ALLL of CAP's uniforms and say to them...."find your own organizational cloth and we will continue to support you in our current status."  How'd that settle with the 39-1 monikers, huh?
Save ALOT of print and confusion amongst the already CAP....Confusion Amongst People.  It is time for a complete change in CAP's uniform future

Today's CAP...... time for a COMPLETE non military organizational clothing for all to settle this completely.  Its just too bad the AF isn't quick enough to do this in the next fiscal year. 

Slim

It's about a lot more than just money.  While I feel for people who are now out a lot of money, it's about more than just that.

FWIW, my change into the CSU cost me about $20.  All I had to buy was the epaulets and nameplate, I already had blue pants, belt, flight cap, and the white shirts.

What it's about to me is a slap in the face.  With the CSU, at lease we all looked like we belonged to the same organization.  Some wore white shirts, some wore blue; everyone wore the same pants, and the flight cap.  And the service jacket, though I agree that it looked awful with the silver braid.

Now we're back to the white/grey (along with a hundred different definitions of grey pants), which means it looks like two different organizations, and the belief that people not meeting height/weight and grooming are second class members who don't deserve the respect and fellowship of sharing a very similar uniform with the rest of the team.

This whole mess could have been solved with some minimal alterations:

• Get rid of the white/grey combo
  • Authorize neatly trimmed beards and conservative length hair, and
  • Authorize blue epaulet sleeves with CAP emroidered in silver, or
  • Authorize grey epaulet sleeves and the grey nameplate on the CSU

From where I sit tonight, I feel like CAP just took 5 giant leaps back in the member satisfaction department.  Quite a few of the folks I've talked to tonight have said the same thing.

Slim

heliodoc

^^^^

Makes the USCG Aux look like a more organized bunch EVERRRRRRY day!!

I know CAPTAlk flamers will be ALLLL over this one..... but I have never let any door kick me in the fanny ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Paper Pusher

As you can tell from earlier posts, I am angered by the lack of consideration the NEC had toward members like myself. I just renewed, I am considering asking for my money back. They can find someone else to fill my wing and region jobs.

PHall

Quote from: heliodoc on November 08, 2009, 04:04:12 AM
^^^^

Makes the USCG Aux look like a more organized bunch EVERRRRRRY day!!

I know CAPTAlk flamers will be ALLLL over this one..... but I have never let any door kick me in the fanny ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If losing a uniform is enough to make you leave, then why were you here in the first place?

Heck, the Salvation Army has a flashier uniform then CAP has.

heliodoc

Don't do it Paper Pusher

Work from with inside just beat em up with suggestions........fill their in boxes

Have fun with it  at CAP's expense.  CAP has angered alot of folk  now it is just time for them to put up with us and we be as professional as we can and just needle the bejeesus out of those "decision makers"

I'm just having fun tonite seeing how a some stellar decison making has been going on..  From some real "professionals" I might add.  Professionals who probably will have to answer to somebody, namely the CAP organization itself.  Hopefully those "pros" have some "professional" answers ::) ::) ::)

heliodoc

Sorry PHall

I'm here for the duration....  uniforms or not.  After all the silliness in the past year getting updated in another Wing for the G1000.  I think I'd just rather be in CAP for the ES missions and free flying.  It surely isn't because of the FLASHY CAP uniform.  I wore a REAL RM uniform, rather proudly, in an aviation unit no less.  I know when and when not and how to wear one properly.  CAP does not even worry me.  I still met my ht / wt stds.

It is still CAP come to grip with itself after 68 yrs and stop embarrassing the membership and AF over their wind driven decision making

A uniform would be the last thing I'd leave over

a2capt

Quote from: Paper Pusher on November 08, 2009, 04:10:25 AM
I am considering asking for my money back. They can find someone else to fill my wing and region jobs.

Thats not going to solve anything. Thats sticking it to those around you who have no power (individually) over any of this. Plus the NEC, NHQ, etc .. are not going to even feel a blip with your vacancy, nor will they care - thats someone else's directorate to worry about. Someone else who you'll be giving grief to.