Main Menu

Maj. Gregory L. Bollinger

Started by ironputts, July 27, 2020, 10:21:23 AM

ironputts

July 27, 2020

Maj. Gregory L. Bollinger
York County Composite Squadron
Pennsylvania Wing

Gregory L. Bollinger, 70, of Seven Valleys died March 14, 2020 at York Hospital. He was the husband of Gail A. (Stitely) Bollinger and had just celebrated their 39th wedding anniversary on August 22, 2019.

Born December 17, 1949 in Sunbury, he was the son of Eleanor Jean (Hassinger) Bollinger of York and the late Ward James Bollinger.

He served in the U.S. Navy and was a Cold War veteran.

He was a general contractor and painter.

Greg was a 1968 graduate of Eastern High School. He was a member of Genesis Church-York and York Adams Fish and Game. He enjoyed hunting fossils, shark teeth and of course, deer. Greg was previously involved for approximate 17 years with Civil Air Patrol York Composite Squadron 301 reaching the rank of Major and served several years as Squadron Commander.

In addition to his wife and mother, he is survived by his 2 daughters, Abigail Shoff and her husband, Allen of Marysville and Brittany Bollinger of Spring Grove; 4 grandchildren; and 2 sisters, Linda Keller of Lancaster and Sandy Brenner of Columbia.

In addition:

It is with great sadness that I inform you that Greg Bollinger, a former Commander of our York Composite Squadron 301 died March 14, 2020 at York Hospital. He was the husband of Gail A. (Stitely) Bollinger, who also Commanded Sq 301.

More information regarding Greg Bollinger and funeral arrangements is available here:

https://www.etzweilerfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Gregory-Bollinger/#!/Obituary 

On behalf of the many Volunteers of Pennsylvania Wing I extend our sincere sympathy to Gail Bolliger and their family.  I am grateful for Greg's Volunteer Service to Pennsylvania Wing and Civil Air Patrol.

V/R

Kevin

Col Kevin Berry, CAP

Pennsylvania Wing Commander
Greg Putnam, Lt. Col., CAP