Test security

Started by ßτε, March 30, 2011, 06:27:07 PM

ßτε

How do units maintain test security when any senior member can order milestone tests from NHQ?

jimmydeanno

They can order them, they're sent to the unit address.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

davidsinn

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 30, 2011, 06:31:34 PM
They can order them, they're sent to the unit address.

Yep. And nine times out of ten that's the commander's home.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

coudano

however, senior members with access can download the paper versions of the new cadet tests directly off e-services

tsrup

Integrity?

Just because you can doesn't mean you should..
Paramedic
hang-around.

davidsinn

Quote from: tsrup on March 30, 2011, 07:09:04 PM
Integrity?

Just because you can doesn't mean you should..

We're supposed to. It's part of the job. TCOs generally do not have access to the correct module in eServices. We can not however, download the milestones.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

lordmonar

I don't understand the question.

There has always been this level of expected integrity.

If you can't trust your squadorn CC's....why are they squadron CC's?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Spaceman3750

Why doesn't every squadron have a PO box? At least in my neck of the woods, they're not that expensive.

Eclipse

Commanders should not be receiving tests, they are not allowed to serve as TCO's, administer tests, or perform the TCO's roles.

Further, per 50-4, this is what is required, and is an SUI issue:

1-5. Testing Material Storage. All testing materials, regardless of source, will be stored in either (1) a metal filing cabinet equipped with a steel lock bar and a three-combination dial-type padlock, (2) a metal file cabinet equipped with an internal (built-in) combination lock, or (3) an upright safe or vault.
CAPR 50-4 10 MARCH 2010 5
a. Anytime the test material storage container is open, the TCO, TA, or unit commander must be present to prevent test compromise.

b. Materials other than testing materials will not be stored in the testing material storage cabinet.

c. Lock combinations must be changed at least annually or whenever the TCO, TA(s) or unit commander changes. Document lock combination changes on test inventory log. be stored in the testing material storage cabinet.

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

Are you going to drive to the post office to check for mail?

davidsinn

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on March 30, 2011, 07:26:16 PM
Why doesn't every squadron have a PO box? At least in my neck of the woods, they're not that expensive.

Because the only member of my unit's staff that even lives in the same county as the unit is the commander so the effect would be the same as just sending it to his house so we save the money and do just that.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

SarDragon

I used to be the Admin officer, and since I lived closest to the PO box, I got to pick up the mail. I opened it all, and routed it as needed.

IIRC, all the tests I ever got in the mail were double enveloped, so the outside one could be opened, and the inside one remained sealed until the TCO got it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret