Main Menu

The Moon Landings

Started by Brad, March 01, 2008, 05:41:45 AM

Brad

Here's an interesting documentary that addresses the moon landing "controversies".

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4433387097497016625&hl=en
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

SamFranklin

It's frightening that so many people lack a basic understanding of science. FOX TV did a disservice broadcasting a "documentary" that is pure nonsense.

For a blow-by-blow debunking of the crazy skeptics' claims, I recommend Phil Plait's "Bad Astronomy" site.  Very interesting reading:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

(Just to clarify: the link above compliments the video Brad pointed to)

chimera388

I count myself as a crazy skeptic, thank you.  I am a firm believer in the probability that we never went to the moon, although I admit it is possible we did.  My main support points are the clearly doctored photographs, NASA routing all communication through them, and nobody else, and deadly radiation that exists outside of our Van Allen belts that would surely kill anyone not insulated from said radiation (insulation that was not aboard any spacecraft, nor part of any spacesuit).

Eclipse

Unfortunately all the evidence of the faked moon landings was in WTC 7 when the federal government destroyed it with a controlled demolition.   ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdZd30FHiBo

"That Others May Zoom"

Frenchie

Quote from: Eclipse on March 08, 2008, 04:06:21 AM
Unfortunately all the evidence of the faked moon landings was in WTC 7 when the federal government destroyed it with a controlled demolition.   ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdZd30FHiBo

Ah yes, it all makes sense now.

I kinda liked Buzz Aldrin's response to the foil-hatters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmH-N65R-lg

Eclipse

Um, that's the same video I posted.  ???

"That Others May Zoom"

Gunner C

Quote from: chimera388 on March 08, 2008, 03:43:14 AM
I count myself as a crazy skeptic, thank you.  I am a firm believer in the probability that we never went to the moon, although I admit it is possible we did.  My main support points are the clearly doctored photographs, NASA routing all communication through them, and nobody else, and deadly radiation that exists outside of our Van Allen belts that would surely kill anyone not insulated from said radiation (insulation that was not aboard any spacecraft, nor part of any spacesuit).

With all due respect . . .

The highest radiation would be within the inner Van Allen belt, but the exposure would only be for approximately for 1.5 hours.  The actual dose would be in the neighborhood of 2 rad with the passage through the highest area of radiation lasting for about 5 minutes.  The annual recommended max dose is 250-300 rad.

I work in the government and have 29 years of intelligence experience.  I've worked some very classified operations where security is incredibly tight.  That said, I've never seen the government able to keep a secret - there is ALWAYS a leak sooner or later.  If the government had faked the moon landings, they would have had to have gotten rid everyone involved, then gotten rid those who got rid of the others.

Faked?  Balderdash!  It was the greatest accomplishment of the 20th century.  It's amazing what people will believe, but when the truth is put right in front of them, they'll deny that the sun comes up every morning. (If you live at the north or south pole YMMV)  :D

GC

mynetdude

Quote from: Gunner C on March 10, 2008, 03:21:51 AM

With all due respect . . .

The highest radiation would be within the inner Van Allen belt, but the exposure would only be for approximately for 1.5 hours.  The actual dose would be in the neighborhood of 2 rad with the passage through the highest area of radiation lasting for about 5 minutes.  The annual recommended max dose is 250-300 rad.

I work in the government and have 29 years of intelligence.  I've worked some very classified operations where security is incredibly tight.  That said, I've never seen the government able to keep a secret - there is ALWAYS a leak sooner or later.  If the government had faked the moon landings, they would have had to have gotten rid everyone involved, then gotten rid those who got rid of the others.

Faked?  Balderdash!  It was the greatest accomplishment of the 20th century.  It's amazing what people will believe, but when the truth is put right in front of them, they'll deny that the sun comes up every morning. (If you live at the north or south pole YMMV)  :D

GC

If it was faked I am not sure our movies would exactly portray the moon landing as it does. (or documentaries for that matter), however any of it could be faked at the same time any of it could be real (is real) (and no I don't mean israel either).

JayT

Yeah, that's not something I would admit to in public :-P
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

davedove

The mon landings were not faked.  However, after the initial exploration, the greys demanded that we not visit the moon again.

You see, they have a base there and don't want us poking around. ;D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Chaplaindon

The most obvious way to prove that the moon landings were not some sort of elaborate hoax is to look for third-party verification of the event(s). They exist.

1.  The USSR would have not hesitated for a moment to publicize the fact that the US did not land on the moon. And they would have known, either way. The radio signals from the Apollo vehicles and their Doppler shifts were trackable by anyone with a radio telescope and/or a deep space tracking system/network and the USSR had both. As our adversaries in both the Cold War and the ongoing "space race" (as well as politically/ideologically), they had every reason to embarrass the US and to discredit our moon program. That the USSR (and the Russian Republic) continues to validate our landings (even tacitly) seems irrefutable 3rd party evidence.

2.  Operators at the UK's Jordrell Bank, Lovell, radio telescope monitored the radio transmissions and the data telemetry from Apollo 11 during its lunar approach and landing. They could tell with scientific precision that the signals were coming from the moon and not the backlot of a movie studio (an easy differentiation using a 76.2 meter radio telescope). They graphed the Doppler shift and can even show graphically where the digital autopilot (DAP) was flying the LM and when Neil Armstrong took over manual command of the vehicle. These were scientists, without ties to NASA or the US. Scientists whose careers could be "made" by disproving the moon landing. Irrefutable third party evidence.

Oh, and by the way as to the radiation concerns, no less than Dr. Van Allen himself (who discovered the radiation belts) verified that, although the radiation was above normal earthbound levels (hence the Apollo crews wore dosimeters and regularly reported to MOCR their readings), it was well within non-lethal limits.

Those who would deny the historical reality of the Apollo moon landings are either uninformed or simply seeking their "15 minutes of fame" ... it's an asinine assertion.
Rev. Don Brown, Ch., Lt Col, CAP (Ret.)
Former Deputy Director for CISM at CAP/HQ
Gill Robb Wilson Award # 1660
ACS-Chaplain, VFC, IPFC, DSO, NSO, USCG Auxiliary
AUXOP

DrDave

Ah, yes, the "greys".  They won't be happy that you've mentioned them in public.

What with the Roswell anniversary so recently.

(Or maybe they're helping us with our mission to Mars?  It was a fair trade -- steatlh aircraft capability, microwave ovens, and telemetry for dark chocolate and Monty Python.)

Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

Gunner C

I forgot to mention something else - the astronauts left behind a laser reflector to measure the distance from earth to the moon.  It is measured frequently and still works.  Anyone with a powerful enough laser can use it - that's how we found out that the moon is getting farther away at a measurable rate.

If we didn't put it there, how did it get there?  Easy answer, humans put it there on 20 July 1969. (I was at my 2nd encampment at the time - a day not to be forgotten).

GC

cnitas

Quote from: Gunner C on March 13, 2008, 01:44:18 PM
If we didn't put it there, how did it get there? 

The 'greys'.  Havn't you been paying attention?   :D
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
MER-MD-003

davedove

Quote from: cnitas on March 20, 2008, 06:14:47 PM
Quote from: Gunner C on March 13, 2008, 01:44:18 PM
If we didn't put it there, how did it get there? 

The 'greys'.  Havn't you been paying attention?   :D

Which makes you wonder what its "real" purpose is? ???  Now where did I put that aluminum foil hat?
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Ground Team Leader
MER-MD-003

flyerthom

Quote from: DrDave on March 12, 2008, 10:59:58 AM
Ah, yes, the "greys".  They won't be happy that you've mentioned them in public.

(Or maybe they're helping us with our mission to Mars?  It was a fair trade -- steatlh aircraft capability, microwave ovens, and telemetry for dark chocolate and Monty Python.)

Dr. Dave

Don't forget twinkies, and Elvis ain't dead, if you know what I'm saying...
TC

Gunner C

Quote from: flyerthom on March 21, 2008, 06:16:05 PM
Quote from: DrDave on March 12, 2008, 10:59:58 AM

Dr. Dave

Don't forget twinkies, and Elvis ain't dead, if you know what I'm saying...

I've gotta get me a new roll of foil.  Mine is out and I'm hearing those voices again. My poor wife thinks that stuff is for the Easter ham. :o

a2capt

Flying Pig

Some of that stuff was pretty funny.  On a few scenes, people point out the "wire" that is holding them up.  Its actually the sun reflecting off of the antenna on the top of their packs.  And they talk about the wind blowing the flag.  The flag had a wire mesh in it to keep it out.  Also, there is no air in space, hence no friction.  When the flag is moved, it isn't going to stop its movement until something stops it, which is what gives it the impression that it is blowing.  I know there is one scene where it does move with nobody around it.  I actually have faith in the United States.   Heres how I know we landed there....Because there is no way hundreds if not thousands of people would be able to keep that kind of secret!

www.googlemoon.com

davedove

Quote from: Flying Pig on March 26, 2008, 04:28:28 PM
Because there is no way hundreds if not thousands of people would be able to keep that kind of secret!

Ah, but that's just what they want you to think.  ::)

It's all a plot to make people think there is a conspiracy, when really it's all just to cover up an even darker secret. :o
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Ground Team Leader
MER-MD-003

cnitas

Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
MER-MD-003

MikeD

Quote from: cnitas on March 26, 2008, 05:36:42 PM
Perhaps this?

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/fe-scidi.htm

I love the location for that.  I live in Lancaster too.  We have Plant 42 (home of the Skunk Works and where they built the shuttles among other things) to the south in Palmdale.  And Edwards Air Force Base, home of NASA Dryden (where the X-1, X-15, X-29 and shuttle. among others, first flew), the USAF flight test center, USAF test pilot school.

In between it's a lot of desert and a whole lot more of this weird mix of crack and meth.  I think my theory explains as much about the area as anything else...

cap801

I'm really disappointed that there are people in CAP that would subscribe to the conspiracy theories.  Disregarding any basic knowledge of physics or having read any information on the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo programs, why would the Soviets not fake their own moon landing if we did?

Major Carrales

QuoteBy the way, nothing existed before you were born. 

It all started with your birth.  You existed from non-existance. 

At the same time a SHADOW government was born with the sole purpose to hide the truth from you.  Why?  No motive needed, they just do.

Your bible is a lie...or not.  Your science is a lie...or not.  You memories are true...or not.

You have no proof of anything before then and photos/films of historical events are clear fakes and all methods to verify them are faux.  All news is faked and there are no nations outside of the US.  In fact, there is no US.  Only a sinister quasi-government that maintains the illusion for you.  Why?  No reason, they just do.

You grandparents are liars, part of the conspiracy.  Actually, robots. When you travel you are actually tricked that you went some place.  The world is only the size of Texas.  Images from space are tricks because electronics can't survive outside the Van Allen belt due to intense radiation.  In fact, there is no such thing as electronics.  The images on your screen are very small actors and machines.  Transistors are a conspiracy, Vacuum tubes severed no purpose but to have existed to trick you into thinking that electronics progressed.

It is really April 1984...or you think it might be.  Who knows.

The world will end with your death.
Reads like a passage from The Sirens of Titan!  EAT your HEART OUT KURT VONNEGUT, Jr...where ever you are!!! 

Woah...how horrible it must be not to even trust the most obvious facts.  The lack of faith in our world is alarming.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

DC

Duke Dillio

All that and I didn't get to see Tango and Cash....  I want my 48 minutes back...

This also shows me that maybe the CIA should have tried a little harder in taking that one guy out.  They might also take out the other HB while they were at it, and finally finish off with the guy who still seems to think that the world is flat....

The world would be a better place without these three morons.....

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: jayburns22 on May 20, 2008, 03:53:00 AM
I'm really disappointed that there are people in CAP that would subscribe to the conspiracy theories.  Disregarding any basic knowledge of physics or having read any information on the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo programs, why would the Soviets not fake their own moon landing if we did?

Umm CAP not members buying into conspiracy theories?   Got a few for ya.....

Good Ol Boys club.....

cap801

I'm afraid I do not know what you're referring to.

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: jayburns22 on May 23, 2008, 09:50:59 PM
I'm afraid I do not know what you're referring to.

IMHO, a good conspiracy is very hard to prove.

On the other.....just ask around a little and you will get all the answers you need.