Hunter Orange MOLLE Vest

Started by Samex, January 17, 2014, 06:20:34 PM

jeders

Roger, do you have any pictures of the med pack open? I'm curious about the layout inside.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

brent.teal

I have to say these guys are a class act.  My wife ordered the vest for me a few days ago for my 40th birthday.  I saw the 40% off today and let her know but she had already ordered it. 

She emailed these fine folks today and asked if they could apply the code to the order.  They have responded and have already sent the refund.   

Quote from: Samex on November 19, 2014, 10:37:54 AM
Hello Everyone,

We are offering a great deal on our vests for a limited time.  For 10 days starting from today, CAP members get 40% off our hi vis reflective vests.

In other news, I'm gong to participate in the Hawk Mountain ES Weekend coming up 12/6.  Hoping to use the vest then. 
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP
NER-PA-102 Deputy Commander, Communications officer, or whatever else needs doing.

Samex

Hello everyone, I apologize for the delay, been very busy as our line of vests and pouches is very successful.  A while back someone wanted to see the inside of our BMS medical pouch.  Here you go...

Regards,

Roger Rondeau

On Duty Equipment Ltd - Duty Apparel

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Samex

Hello everyone!

First off my apologies for taking so long to get back to Cap Talk.  Allot of great products are on their way to our warehouse.  We should have these in hand by the first week of February.  As soon as we have our product pictures and information uploaded to our website I will let everyone know.  We added our Breakaway Modular System (BMS) on quite a few pouches for 2015. With this system, our pouches can be removed quickly without undoing the MOLLE platform that is anchored to the vest. 

We are adding 10 new MOLLE pouches which will include 2 BMS ammunition pouches, a cell phone pouch, a camera pouch, a cinch pouch, a drop leg carry/game pouch, a BMS map pouch, a radio/GPS pouch, a BMS medical pouch and a small carry pouch.  We have revised our medium utility pouch and our trip organizer pouches and added the Break Away Modular system to these.  We also revised the hands free GPS pouch.

As you can see some great new products on the way and more that are at the design stage and should be available this year.

Take care everyone and keep checking the post!

Roger Rondeau

JC004

Have you considered offering a regular discount to CAP members (I'd imagine smaller than the 40%), and having that put out to all members? 

CAP members get discounts on a number of things, and they get posted in our online system, as well as on the regular website. 

You'd be able to advertise your offerings to the whole membership that way, by having it on the site.

Samex

We actually currently offer 10% discount to cap members on our products across the board that are available at www.dutyapparel.com.  I am increasing the discount to 15% across the board.  This is the discount code that must be entered at check out.

K02XTJXO89N4

if you could post this for CAP members that would be great...thanks!

Roger Rondeau
On Duty Equipment Ltd - Duty Apaprel

JC004

That's great!  Thank you.  I'm not sure who the contact is to get it put on our list of member benefits, but I can try to help find out.  Would you send me a message here with your information, so I could put them in direct contact with you, if I find the right person?

Capt Thompson

This breakaway modular system....how difficult is it to break the pouches off? In other words, how secure are the pouches on the vest while going through heavy brush?
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Matt Thompson on January 17, 2015, 08:24:28 PM
This breakaway modular system....how difficult is it to break the pouches off? In other words, how secure are the pouches on the vest while going through heavy brush?

It's almost a pain to move if you loop the strap through every level.

Samex

Our BMS system is very secure.  The platform is weaved through as you would with regular MOLLE pouches.  The pouch attaches to the platform by Velcro and is secured in place with a nylon strap.  The strap has a quick release buckle allowing quick and easy removal of the pouch.  You can trek through thick brush all day and these will not come off unless you want them to.

We will also be offering the platforms for sale on their own.  These come in two sizes and fit all of our BMS pouches.  The nylon strap with quick release buckle is part of the platform which allows an individual to secure other items as they wish.  For example if you wanted to bring a roll up mat you would attach two BMS platforms to the lower back of the vest.  Use the nylon straps to secure the mat to the platforms and you are good to go.

You will also be able to use existing non MOLLE pouches that you may have.  Just add a piece of Velcro to your favorite pouch, apply it to the platform and snug it up using the nylon strap and you're good to go.

The first stock order is scheduled to come in on the 20th of January.  I will be able to post some pictures then.  Our website should be update by the first week of February as we have to get all the products professionally photographed and edited.

Roger Rondeau

Capt Thompson

Just ordered my vest and a few pouches....can't wait to get a chance to test them out! Thanks for the 15% discount!

Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

Shieldel

This is impressive gear...ok so as I saw there's somewhat of a disagreement between orange and yellow, so which as CAP Personnel should I order? I noticed yellow is I think like $10 more. I honestly don't care of price with the 15% but I want to know which to order, regs and all, CYA essentially.
Also, Mr. Rondeau sir, any ideas when your company will have those breakaway med and back pouches available? I want to make sure I can fit as much into my order as possible and just have to pay the shipping fee once instead of vest then pouches, chinking it up order upon order, don't mind doing that if I have to. I'm Nevada Wing and rarely get called out much. Was on standby this week for the joint CA/NV Search.
Formerly 2d Lt Michael D. Scheidle
Formerly Jack Schofield Cadet Squadron
Member of PCR-NV070, 069, 802 throughout my CAP Career
Former CAP Member 2011-2018

Майор Хаткевич

There's no regulation dictating gear color, as there's no standardized gear.

As advice, especially based on your call out comment, I don't think a cadet should invest in this gear. (It's even a stretch for SMs, things being as they are).

As a side note, I know your 101 says you're an SET, but are you an actual wing sanctioned SET? IIUC, ILWG doesn't/rarely qualifies cadets as SET.

Eclipse

Quote from: Shieldel on January 25, 2015, 03:53:07 AM
This is impressive gear...ok so as I saw there's somewhat of a disagreement between orange and yellow, so which as CAP Personnel should I order?

As mentioned, there is no national standard, and the applicable regulations only indicate "ANSI II".

Your call.

"That Others May Zoom"

Shieldel

Captain Hatkevich sir,
My GTM3 and UDF SET quals were done by a ES officer who advised the Wing (he was a "Senior ES Officer" of sorts in the sense that he was a trusted advisor, volunteered with Red Rock SAR outside of CAP before he was reassigned (he's Active Duty and was assigned to Nellis, has since rotated out of Nellis and away), my MRO and MSA SET quals were done by the Wing Comm Officer (or I at least think he is if memory serves right)
Yes my quals are fully certified by Wing. They were done by Wing Personnel. I am primarily Command Post and now since turning 18 in November, I am qualified Aircrew as well (certified Scanner as of December, and now Observer trainee). The Nevada Wing Chief of Staff was once my squadron commander and I see her often at the Southern Nevada ICP, she has full faith in my abilities, she sees me at work often.

My next "Wishlist qualification" is PIO. I want to do photography and media outreach. I've been wanting to talk to the Wing PAO and see if he's willing to take me under his tutelage. But that's beside the point of this thread, excuse me for kindof hijacking the thread here, but I just answered your question :)

lordmonar

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on January 25, 2015, 05:22:25 AM
There's no regulation dictating gear color, as there's no standardized gear.

As advice, especially based on your call out comment, I don't think a cadet should invest in this gear. (It's even a stretch for SMs, things being as they are).

As a side note, I know your 101 says you're an SET, but are you an actual wing sanctioned SET? IIUC, ILWG doesn't/rarely qualifies cadets as SET.
The SET on the 101 comes from competing the SET training.....not getting on the approved list.

One of the many problems with OPS-Qauls.

NVWG does allow cadets to be Task Evaluators.

P.S.   Shiedel......if you are going to get this stuff....go with the orange.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Shieldel

Thank you Sgt. Harris sir. I'll wait for the breakaway pouches to come out before showing this at the squadron as part of a presentation, plan on doing one last SAR presentation for interested cadets before our graded SAREX in I believe May.

And yes NVWG does allow cadets to be Evals, I myself, personally do not know of any "lists", is that how other wings handle things, putting people on an approved list?

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on January 25, 2015, 05:57:58 AMThe SET on the 101 comes from competing the SET training.....not getting on the approved list.

Incorrect.

SET is submitted through the chain via OPS Quals, and must be approved per rating.
This changed about 3 years ago.

Members must have passed the online SET exam, and have been qualified for at least a calendar
year before the system shows green for a respective rating.  Wing staff with the proper rights
can waive the one year requirement when deemed appropriate.

Quote from: Shieldel on January 25, 2015, 06:02:23 AM
that how other wings handle things, putting people on an approved list?

Prior to the system change, some wings did maintain a list of approved SETs, as the system did not
perform proper vetting.  In fact, it was possible to enter the CAPID of another member who was not
even qualified in the specialty they were supposedly tasking the member in.

Generally this was due to a typo when entering the CAPID.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

The diamond on the 101 card indicators a skill evaluator....requires input from wing....but the SET on the card shows up when you finish the training (or at least it used to) which is what I thought was being talked about.

SET is NOT a Skill evaluator.

Maybe it is just a terminology thing.   If so I apologize.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP