The Best of Squadron Patches

Started by Pylon, January 09, 2006, 08:41:09 PM

IceNine

Quote from: IceNine on February 10, 2009, 02:29:40 AM
Quote from: IceNine on December 13, 2008, 06:24:34 AM
I finally found a company that quoted me a reasonable price for this one just a few days ago.  Once I get the sample run I will release my source.

Side by side.  See I told it it wasn't too much detail.

FYI- I used Butlerpatches.com  turn around was 20 days, price was 1.69 per patch fully embroidered.  I'm very happy and will most certainly use them in the future.

Yeah well, now that I see that old one I'm even more glad I made the change.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Chappie

Here is the logo for the Pacific Region Chaplain Service.  It will be made into a patch shortly.

Explanation:

The shape selected was the USAF/CAP Command Shield depicting our culture; belonging to the organization.  The yellow (or) outline speaks of loyalty to our mission and the honor that is bestowed upon the appointment to the CAP Chaplain Service

The crest is that of the USAF/CAP Chaplain service.  This speaks of our mission.  The rays of yellow (or) depict our pursuit of excellence in what we do and the wisdom that is shared to those to whom we serve. The hands of silver (argent) represent charity and faith – that which we offer to those we serve.   The field of blue (azure) speaks of devotion and strength.  The black (sable) outline depicts dignity and determination.  Attributes in which we conduct our service.  The banner in white (argent) represents integrity and purity.  While based on the CAP motto, "Semper Vigilans", additional words were added to form the motto of the PCR Chaplain Service: "Semper Vigilans ad Dei Gloriam" ("Always Vigilant for the Glory of God") which reminds us of the "what", the "how" and the "why" of our ministry.  These words are in black (sable) as well as the banner's outline.  Again signifying the determination and dignity in which we are called and committed to serve.  The six stars of blue (azure) and white (argent) represent the six wings that comprise the Pacific Region.  Again the colors speak of devotion and integrity. Notice that Wing abbreviations have been removed symbolizing our collective service as a team rather than individual Wings, emphasizing our service together.  The crest, stars, and motto are in a field of red (gules) which depicts passion.  It is a passion for service to God and to others that motivates us to perform our mission.

Finally, the scroll is a field of blue (azure) and letters of white (argent) that corresponds to the six stars displays our name: Pacific Region Chaplain Service.

The logo speaks of our culture, our mission and our commitment to serve God in our service to others.  That service is done in a spirit of loyalty to one another and in devotion to the One who called us to serve.  We do so as people of integrity, in an attitude of vigilance, determined to pursue excellence so that we can provide quality service to others and in doing so, bring glory to God.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

alamrcn

I think you've got a FIRST there, Chappie.
If available, count me in for a half-dozen when you get them made up!

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

SilverEagle2

The scoll lettering needs to be fixed a little IMHO. More like the lettering in the center where it is more square to the ribbon. Good looking otherwise.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

fyrfitrmedic

This may sound like an odd choice of words, but that's a pretty patch. Very nicely done.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

IceNine

Quote from: SilverEagle2 on February 13, 2009, 11:38:32 PM
The scoll lettering needs to be fixed a little IMHO. More like the lettering in the center where it is more square to the ribbon. Good looking otherwise.

+1 makes the words look natural, instead of all scrunched together.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eclipse

Quote from: IceNine on February 14, 2009, 01:27:02 AM
Quote from: SilverEagle2 on February 13, 2009, 11:38:32 PM

+1 makes the words look natural, instead of all scrunched together.

-1 I think it looks fine as-is, but if anything the tips of the letters to center should be more pointed, not less.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

Where will the PCR chaplain patch be worn since it is not actually a unit patch?

Chappie

The patch will be sewn on polo shirts that the Chaplain Service Region Staff College staff wear as casual wear in our informal meetings.  It is also a commemorative patch.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Eclipse

This one approved just this afternoon...

Base Design:
Standard "disk with rockers" as per an emblem for a non-headquarters unit.

Background (sky):

USAF blue as per standard. Also represents the waters of Lake Michigan which boarders the East side of Lake County as well as the Great Lakes Naval Station where the Squadron meets.

Motto:
"SERVITIUM ANTE SE" (Latin) translated means "Service Before Self".

Ships Wheel:
A derivative of the ship's wheel featured on the insignia of Naval Station Great Lakes – the physical location of Lake County Composite Squadron – intended as an homage to the ongoing support provided by the U.S. Navy to CAP.  Permission for the use of the derivative art is on file.

State Outline:
White in the shape of the State of Illinois with location indicator utilizing the logo of Lake County, Illinois. The white State of Illinois also ties into the Group 22 insignia.

Prop:
Red traditional CAP aircraft prop indicating the three missions of CAP.

"That Others May Zoom"

Major Carrales

Quote from: Eclipse on February 21, 2009, 11:41:10 PM

Kudos on the design and approval!!! Looks good.  I may have to buy one from you.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

A.Member

Quote from: Eclipse on February 21, 2009, 11:41:10 PM

Is that for the CAP naval division?  (j/k)  ;)  :)
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

alamrcn

Looks great! Be sure and post the heraldry if one was written up.

Aside from squadron's name, seeing the ship wheel lends me to believe the unit might be near the famous Lake Michigan pier? My IL geography is fuzzy, so the location marker doesn't help, heh....

Hook me up with three if you can! And add a little ching on for the squadron's supply/logistics box.

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

fyrfitrmedic

My home unit's patch is in production at Butler as I type this; minor changes were made to comply with present-day AF heraldic rules.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

fyrfitrmedic

After what seems like forever, my home unit's patch design is finally a patch:

MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA

alamrcn

That design has become so familiar seeing the computer art version of it for so long! Good to see it finally made it to the loom, and I'm sure your members are pleased.

Would any be available for a donation to the squadron?

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: alamrcn on March 20, 2009, 04:47:47 PM
That design has become so familiar seeing the computer art version of it for so long! Good to see it finally made it to the loom, and I'm sure your members are pleased.

Would any be available for a donation to the squadron?

Everybody's quite pleased - Butler provided great service.

Available? Sure - PM me.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA

biomed441

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on January 10, 2006, 05:26:44 AM
I kinda like these *cough* my squadron *cough* ;D

For those of you who don't know, the one on the right is the "subdued" one we use for BDU's.

I have to agree, I think this is the best squadron patch in the world! Though I happen to be bias as I was on the comittee that voted on that design. Unfortunately I left the squadron before the patch was put into production.  That was over 7 years ago. Think you could send me one? ;)

biomed441

Check this site out. This has quite a large listing of patches that squadrons of the CAP use. If looking for examples or ideas to use, I'm sure you can find something here that could help.

http://www.incountry.us/cappatches/