FCU status?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, February 27, 2015, 03:33:40 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on March 04, 2015, 08:13:00 PM
There's a problem with uniforms acquired from ROTC sources: the bits we need most - pants and shirts - are the ones least suitable for wear, due to condition. My old unit used to go to the local AFJROTC unit and pick up their excess uniforms. If we were lucky, one shirt in four was wearable. The rest had horrible stains in the usual places, or were damaged where patches or insignia had been worn. We ended up doing their disposal work for them.

+1 - The service coats are usually serviceable, except for the shoulder patch, but ROTC and JROTC cadets wear their uniforms a lot more then CAP cadets.

Also, in trying to find the Holmes center memo referenced, I did find a discussion here on CT that indicated that as far back as 2011 it was suggested at the
NEC that uniforms not be issued until after the first year of cadet membership.

BillBB - all I could find was an earlier comment from you saying the same thing, but nothing beyond that.

I will say, required or otherwise, that ROTC units have always been generous to CAP when asked, at least in my AOR.

Another question - in cases where a cadet is dual-enrolled, are they getting a free uniform from both sides?  Nothing
wrong with that idea, per se, but certainly a place where some cooperation could save money for one or the other.

Edit: The only reference to CAP in AFJROTCI 36-2001 is in regards to disposal of
outdated curriculum material, there is no mention of uniforms.

http://www.au.af.mil/au/holmcenter/AFJROTC/documents/AFJROTCI36-2001.pdf

However AFJROTCI 23-101 (supply) does include this verbiage:
http://www.au.af.mil/au/holmcenter/AFJROTC/documents/AFJROTCI23-101.pdf
"2.9. Unserviceable Uniform Disposal.
2.9.5. Donate items to Civil Air Patrol if desired. Charitable/not-for-profit organizations and
unofficial JROTC/Leadership Programs in middle schools and high schools are not
authorized to receive donated uniforms."

"That Others May Zoom"