Hey y'all! It's been a while.

Started by Walkman, February 26, 2020, 01:47:54 AM

Walkman

I haven't been around for a few years. Got crazy busy as a sqdn CC and wasn't on online much. Then right at the tail end of my 4-year term, I got hit by cancer. Went on "medical leave ;) " during treatment and was planning on working my way back into CAP again, someday, and went to Patron status. One month after chemo ended, we had a house fire. So I'm trying to heal from chemo, keep my family going and rebuild a business that was almost completely flatlined while I was in chemo. After a year of battling with contractors, the bank and the insurance company, we ended up losing the house. I know, it sounds like a bad country song...

I'm slowly getting back on my feet, bit by bit. I'll be requesting a change back to active status soon. I've been away from CAP for a couple of years and I can see a lot has changed. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do once I get back in. I spent the first 11 years doing 75% cadet work and 25% ES, thinking I might pull away from the cadets a little.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi". I see there a few salty & seasoned still around from back in the day.

MSG Mac

Welcome back. Hope things improve quickly
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

dwb

Wow, you lived a whole life's worth of bad experiences all at once! I'm glad you're still here, and with seemingly good humor about the situation to boot. Welcome back to CAP.

NIN

Kris, I'm so glad: you're with us, your family is with us, and you're back with us.

Party on!
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.