Uniform Supplier of Grey Pants

Started by Major Carrales, November 23, 2009, 08:24:14 PM

Angus

Quote from: NC Hokie on December 02, 2009, 04:41:09 PM
Lets forget about a military-style uniform for now and focus on what we know Ma Blue will allow, which is the white and grey.  Standardize the shirt, slacks, belt, and blazer and then seek approval for a flight cap (to be worn ONLY when the blazer is NOT being worn) to complete the uniform.

Once that is done, suck it up for a year or two and THEN approach Ma Blue about a service coat and service cap to add to the ensemble.

The shirt is standardized white aviator.  Its the pants that need to be standardized.

I'd also say let's not worry about a flight cap with the uniform that may be thought of as too much too fast and piss of Ma Blue.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

High Speed Low Drag

Maj. Caralles started this particular thread along the lines of standardizing the gray pants.  There are other unifrom threads that talk about the whole uniform.  Lets try to decide on what color & type of pants are needed for standardization.
G. St. Pierre                             

"WIWAC, we marched 5 miles every meeting, uphill both ways!!"

Major Carrales

Quote from: High Speed Low Drag on December 02, 2009, 06:03:21 PM
Maj. Caralles started this particular thread along the lines of standardizing the gray pants.  There are other unifrom threads that talk about the whole uniform.  Lets try to decide on what color & type of pants are needed for standardization.

I think we are well past ready for stage 2.  High Speed Low Drag would you honor us with a poll of the available offerings in this thread?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

GroundPounder73

From what Ive read, the standardized grey cargo pants and polo or even the grey cargos and white aviator shirt sounds like the best option. The cargos are going to stand up better than dress slacks like Hagar's or some other brand and the appearance of the cargo and polo would bring CAP into line with the appearance of numerous other ES, SAR, HS, CD, etc organizations. Ive been involved in various aspects of ES (non-CAP) for several years now and I have seen the transition to cargos and polo shirts becoming the standard. EMS wears them. Fire departments wear them on medical or other non-fire assistance calls. The cargos are much more comfortable than dress slacks and look better and more squared away with the polo or aviator (which is really just a dress shirt with epaulettes and pleated pockets) than the grey slacks do. Also, having read the regs for the greys, I can see nothing that would forbid the wearing of the grey cargos. So...even as a non-CAP member (yet) that would be my vote.

PA Guy

^^^

You might take a look at CAPM 39-1 Table 4-3 Line 1.

Fubar

Quote from: PA Guy on December 08, 2009, 06:03:55 AM
You might take a look at CAPM 39-1 Table 4-3 Line 1.
That table applies to the Aviator Shirt uniform and says, "Commercial dress slacks/trousers" which I would interpret to mean no cargo pants.

Table 4-4 line 1, which is for the polo shirt says, "Commercial slacks/trousers" which without the word "dress" could be interpreted to mean cargo pants are OK. It's been interpreted that way by more than a few folks in my wing.

Hawk200

Quote from: Fubar on December 08, 2009, 02:49:57 PMThat table applies to the Aviator Shirt uniform and says, "Commercial dress slacks/trousers" which I would interpret to mean no cargo pants.

Table 4-4 line 1, which is for the polo shirt says, "Commercial slacks/trousers" which without the word "dress" could be interpreted to mean cargo pants are OK. It's been interpreted that way by more than a few folks in my wing.

Been interpreted the same way here. A lot of folks here wear polos and tactical pants during SAREXs, at least at mission base.

High Speed Low Drag

Quote from: GroundPounder73 on December 08, 2009, 05:14:19 AM
From what Ive read, the standardized grey cargo pants and polo or even the grey cargos and white aviator shirt sounds like the best option. The cargos are going to stand up better than dress slacks like Hagar's or some other brand and the appearance of the cargo and polo would bring CAP into line with the appearance of numerous other ES, SAR, HS, CD, etc organizations. Ive been involved in various aspects of ES (non-CAP) for several years now and I have seen the transition to cargos and polo shirts becoming the standard. EMS wears them. Fire departments wear them on medical or other non-fire assistance calls. The cargos are much more comfortable than dress slacks and look better and more squared away with the polo or aviator (which is really just a dress shirt with epaulettes and pleated pockets) than the grey slacks do. Also, having read the regs for the greys, I can see nothing that would forbid the wearing of the grey cargos. So...even as a non-CAP member (yet) that would be my vote.
We are looking to standardize the gray pants for use with the white aviator shirt, which is the corporate equivalent to the AF Blue shirt/Blue slacks.  Cargo pants have no place in that uniform combo.

Sorry that I have been absent, my wife had to go back in the hosp & I've been busy.  I did have a chance to stop by my friend's uniform store and obtained color information.  Everyone is in favor of non-pleated pants, so all we have to figure out is color.

Here are the color swatches that seemed to be favored.  These are lined up so you can see the differences between them regardless of you screen color settings.

I have also shown how they will look on the current grays.

I recommend variant D for the other uniform proposal (Pictured below)

Maj. Caralles, I would not presume to pre-empt your thread.  I think, with this, a poll would be in order.
G. St. Pierre                             

pixelwonk

FlyingTerp

Quote from: tedda on December 10, 2009, 07:44:35 AM
Wow. It needs to be said that looks ridiculous.

+1

...thought this discussion was about Grey pants.

Eclipse

-2 (There, I've offset those votes).

"That Others May Zoom"

High Speed Low Drag

Quote from: tedda on December 10, 2009, 07:44:35 AM

Wow. It needs to be said that looks ridiculous.

Never claimed to be an expert at photoshop.
G. St. Pierre                             

High Speed Low Drag

Oops - Posted on wrong thread.  Sorry you guys. 

I had posted female variants.  It is on this thread.

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=9282.new#new
G. St. Pierre                             

Earhart1971

Instructions for Disposal of the most awful CAP Uniform I have ever seen, the Grey slacks.

Take a can of lighter fluid. Place grey slacks in a a Webber Grill, with the Grill removed.

Douse a few ounces of fluid, and light with a kitchen match.

Let burn. Take out the ashes and dispose of in the garbage, clean your grill so you don't get poisoned by noxous polyester residue.

I would rather see an overweight Senior come to a meeting in BLUE JEANS and Polo than the Grey Slacks combo.

High Speed Low Drag

Of course you would.  It would give you another chance to be an elitist.  You don't think any fat & fuzzies should be allowed in CAP.
G. St. Pierre                             

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: High Speed Low Drag on December 30, 2009, 02:42:16 AM
Of course you would.  It would give you another chance to be an elitist.  You don't think any fat & fuzzies should be allowed in CAP.

Gentlemen, let's not engage in flaming, OK?

I personally think the grey slacks look horrible, but I do not believe that anyone should be precluded from volunteering time, talent and (lots of) treasure (Come And Pay), based on facial hair or lack of slimness.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Earhart1971

Quote from: High Speed Low Drag on December 30, 2009, 02:42:16 AM
You don't have a clue as to me and my attitude. Too many CAP Members ignore the weight and wear a Uniform in violation of CAP Regs.

Most the time, I prefer a Polo Shirt, I don't need the uniform to reinforce my ego. I meet the weight standards and I am tired of the Air Force playing with our Corp Uniform because some Senior goes on a Air Force Base and wears a combination they should not be wearing in violation of Wt rules.

Its that simple. Comply with the Regs.

Eclipse

Quote from: Earhart1971 on December 31, 2009, 01:02:52 AM
...I am tired of the Air Force playing with our Corp Uniform because some Senior goes on a Air Force Base and wears a combination they should not be wearing in violation of Wt rules.

Cite please.

There is absolutely no evidence to back up that this has ever happened, anywhere, or is related to the current situation with the CSU.

"That Others May Zoom"

Earhart1971

Quote from: Eclipse on December 31, 2009, 01:14:34 AM
...I am tired of the Air Force playing with our Corp Uniform because some Senior goes on a Air Force Base and wears a combination they should not be wearing in violation of Wt rules.

Cite please.

There is absolutely no evidence to back up that this has ever happened, anywhere, or is related to the current situation with the CSU.
Cite what?  Just saw some violations on an Air Force Base last week. CAP members wearing an Air Force Uniform and over the wt requirements.

Eclipse

Quote from: Earhart1971 on December 31, 2009, 01:50:45 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 31, 2009, 01:14:34 AM

Cite please.

Cite what?  Just saw some violations on an Air Force Base last week. CAP members wearing an Air Force Uniform and over the wt requirements.

Sure, who hasn't - cite anything that says the Air Force makes changes to our corporate uniform because of issues with people wearing the USAF combinations incorrectly.

"That Others May Zoom"