ABU - Images of CAP Patch/Rank Color Possibilities on ABUs

Started by Thom, July 29, 2009, 12:06:49 AM

vmstan

Quote from: McLarty on March 15, 2010, 01:49:35 AM
As for the color pattern -- everyone's right with OD: Nobody uses it and everyone could wear it.  Sure, we'll get confused for the Bolivian or Mexican Army sometimes, but that's what the US flag is for.

Agreed. Plus they're almost like a "throw back" uniform to the days when the real AF wore basic OD green with blue tapes.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

N Harmon

Quote from: Marshalus on March 15, 2010, 03:05:47 PM
Agreed. Plus they're almost like a "throw back" uniform to the days when the real AF wore basic OD green with blue tapes.

I think that is why I dislike the uniform. It's too retro. It screams "CAP is 25 years behind the times". We need modern uniforms, that follow the trend of today. Not more blue tapes on jungle fatigues. Distinctiveness is satisfied with white thread on the tapes, rank, and badges. If CAP-USAF says no-go on that (even though that is WAY more distinctive than CAP flightsuits vs USAF flightsuits), then we dump the USAF field uniform, keep the AF blue dress uniform, and just standardize on the BBDUs as our field uniform for everyone...cadet and senior.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

Spike

STOP.  We all need to stop inventing stuff that will never go anywhere.  Why can't we just wear what is in large stock, and is relatively inexpensive??

If we go back to uniforms of 30 years ago.......how much more would they cost than current BDU's?? 

If we use ABU's (since they are currently in production) we can save ourselves some money, when the cost to buy BDU's is more expensive than ABU's. 

Everything in CAP should be based on 80 percent cost and 20 percent need.  We MUST keep the actuall costs of being a member down.

Am I the only one who is tired of paying lost of money to be a volunteer?  You can go to Vanguards website and buy something from the "Civil Air Patrol section" for $1.00 and then go tho their "Army section" and buy the same thing for $0.50.  That is criminal, and should be more important than trying to get ABU's right now.

vmstan

It is a very modern uniform, based off the current ACU, just with a single color. No different than having BBDUs - except that a set of OD fatigues looks a heck of a lot more "militant" than the blue.

But really I just wear what they ever they'll tell me to. Blue, green, jungle cammie or digital tiger striped.

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed

N Harmon

Quote from: Marshalus on March 15, 2010, 06:52:55 PM
except that a set of OD fatigues looks a heck of a lot more "militant" than the blue.

It does look "militant". I'm just not sure that is what CAP needs to look like. We need to look like a life saving organization, and part of the Air Force team.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

vmstan

I would agree.

Heck, when I was explaining to my mother that I'd joined CAP, and was explaining the uniforms to her (the short, nice, happy version... not the CAPTalk version) one of her first questions in reference to the camo BDU was "who are you trying to hide from?"

heliodoc

^^^^

Good story

There are folks OUTSIDE of CAP that can see practicality.  More argument for a "new" uniform

But...love that one...even a parent has more common sense than the proverbial 68 year old organization who seems not wanting too much change.

The dinosaurs are gone and so could a CAP uniform!!

vmstan

Eh, my mother isn't much of a military fan. So there is a built in level of sarcasm. I remember the conversation I had with her when I told her I was going to do NROTC, what seems like many years ago.  ::)