Main Menu

Dress Uniform?

Started by Becks, June 06, 2006, 03:32:00 PM

MIKE

Quote from: arajca on June 30, 2006, 02:11:30 AM
off topic
Since National is looking to create specific training for aerial photo takers and ARCHER operators that may not be part of the Observer training; and the idea of an "Aircrew Badge" for non-pilot non-observer aircrew members has been brought up, how about using the old CAP wings as an Aircrew Badge with just one level? Make them shiney to match the current bling finish.

Nah... Just take the "O" off the Observer wings.

Edit:  On second thought, that would be Pilot wings wouldn't it.  Same wings, but instead of the prop have AC in the center.
Mike Johnston

BillB

The vintage WW II uniform is not correct. The red braid should have been removed the same time the red epaulets were removed. The charge in 1942 was to remove red epaulets and braid not just red epaulets. Either that or the uniform was a standard USAAF uniform with the red braid added. Many of the uniforms of the period with red epaulets were the standard USAAF uniform and members added the red epaulets and braid, changed the gold buttons for CAP silver and added the silver prop and wings and the C.A.P. cutouts. I had an estimate of $67 to change the standard epaulets and braid to red epaulets and braid on a uniform I was "reconstructing" just a month ago.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

jayleswo

I think we have enough badges and wings as it is. ARCHER and SDIS should be separate ES ratings with their own SQTR, with qualified Mission Observer as a pre-req.
John Aylesworth, Lt Col CAP

SAR/DR MP, Mission Check Pilot Examiner, Master Observer
Earhart #1139 FEB 1982

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: jayleswo on June 30, 2006, 05:08:40 PM
I think we have enough badges and wings as it is. ARCHER and SDIS should be separate ES ratings with their own SQTR, with qualified Mission Observer as a pre-req.

To be fully qualified either in ARCHER or SDIS, minimum qual is MS. Our commander prefers MOs as ARCHER operators.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040