Main Menu

Vanguard ???

Started by Major_Chuck, March 03, 2006, 07:45:14 PM

Monty

Ordered my stuff and got it inside of two weeks.  Not sure where the SNAFUs are in the order process but mine seems to be okay...

Al Sayre

Same here, although I didn't order anything custom, just some stuff I've been waiting on from the hock shop since January... :'(
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

MIKE

Ordered my Capt stuff Monday afternoon and it showed up on my doorstep Friday afternoon with the standard shipping for seven bucks.  It must be custom stuff... nametags etc, or some other issue that is holding up other peoples orders.

Mike Johnston

shorning

Quote from: MIKE on April 07, 2006, 07:33:37 PM
Ordered my Capt stuff Monday afternoon and it showed up on my doorstep Friday afternoon with the standard shipping for seven bucks.  It must be custom stuff... nametags etc, or some other issue that is holding up other peoples orders.

I ordered a set of the blue field uniform (amongst other things) at the end of January.  I'm still waiting for the pants to show up.  Is that a custom item?

I think I'm going to cancel my order, return the shirt, and order from someone more reliable. 

Westernslope

Quote from: shorning on April 07, 2006, 11:23:58 PM
Quote from: MIKE on April 07, 2006, 07:33:37 PM

I ordered a set of the blue field uniform (amongst other things) at the end of January.  I'm still waiting for the pants to show up.  Is that a custom item?

I think I'm going to cancel my order, return the shirt, and order from someone more reliable. 

Dang, wish I had known. I was at clothing sales at Maxwell yesterday. I could have gotten them for you and sent them to you.   Or better yet, brought them to you! I am due a vacation!

shorning

Quote from: Cadetofthe60s on April 08, 2006, 01:05:27 AM
Dang, wish I had known. I was at clothing sales at Maxwell yesterday. I could have gotten them for you and sent them to you.   Or better yet, brought them to you! I am due a vacation!

Maxwell's MCSS carries CAP uniforms?  AF-style uniforms I can get (see my signature).

Westernslope

Quote from: shorning on April 08, 2006, 02:00:18 AM
Quote from: Cadetofthe60s on April 08, 2006, 01:05:27 AM

Maxwell's MCSS carries CAP uniforms?  AF-style uniforms I can get (see my signature).

Well ........You caught me sleeping. I guess was just hoping for a reason to go to Hawaii.   :)

shorning

Quote from: Cadetofthe60s on April 08, 2006, 02:21:24 AM
Well ........You caught me sleeping. I guess was just hoping for a reason to go to Hawaii.   :)

I keep saying there needs to be an August NB Meeting here.  CAP members are always welcome to visit.  Heck, I might even play tour guide if my schedule permits.

Psicorp

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 19, 2006, 12:22:37 AM
C/SMSgt you are right on...  I try real hard to not let it effect my mindset towards CAP.

Here I get a nomex flight suit.. and now the color changes...  I get grey pants with aviator... well now pant color will change.. thankfully I have been unable to buy the grey shoulder boards for it.. guess I am luckyI can buy any ;)  At least there is a phase out period, so I can wear them for a while I guess...

I just filed a claim against my Hock order.. I mean they had no problem taking my $100+ in a flash, but now I can't get through on the phone and my emails are not being replied too. 4 weeks is TOTALLY unreasonable for an order...  Not good business.

Does anyone have a regular shoulder patch US flag?  One for my Nomex?  And where can I get one with velcro or do I have to sew it that on myself? Found my State Patch, leather name on Vanguard but no flag!

Hope I am not coming across as a whiner, but man this really does take the wind out of the sails!  ooops sorry.. I live in a lake region.. bad analogy on an aircraft oriented board ;)  Sure takes the lift off the wings...

Okay, I'm getting confused here (apparently not a new issue regarding uniforms)...is the blue CWU-73/P flightsuit (aka NASA Flightsuit) still "legal"?   

I wish our uniform manual would list these things according the actual designations and not things like "CAP Flightsuit".

Oh, and while I'm at it...what is the proper head wear with the blue flightsuit anyway?  I know the blues flightcap is worn with the green flightsuit, but what about the blue?

Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

MIKE

Quote from: Psicorp on September 28, 2006, 12:44:47 PM
Okay, I'm getting confused here (apparently not a new issue regarding uniforms)...is the blue CWU-73/P flightsuit (aka NASA Flightsuit) still "legal"?

Quote from: CAP/CC Letter, Changes to CAPM 39-1, CAP Uniform Manuald. CAP Distinctive Flight suit. A dark blue NOMEX flight suit was approved for
wear by CAP members. This item will be worn with the same badges and devices as
the currently authorized CAP distinctive ultramarine blue flight suit. The ultramarine blue
flight suit will be phased out 1 March 2009.

CAPM 39-1 Fig. 4-4. is the flight suit being phased out in favor of the same blue as the CAP Utility Uniform.

Quote from: Psicorp on September 28, 2006, 12:44:47 PMOh, and while I'm at it...what is the proper head wear with the blue flightsuit anyway?  I know the blues flightcap is worn with the green flightsuit, but what about the blue?

Quote from: CAPM 39-1 Table 4-5. Men's and Women's CAP Blue Flight Suit and Blue Flight Jacket6 Headgear Flight cap or CAP baseball cap for both male and female.
Mike Johnston

AlphaSigOU

Yup... the dark blue Nomex flight suit (aka CWU-73/P (the sage green AF-style is CWU-27/P)) replaces the ultramarine blue CAP flight suit. The utility uniform is identical in color and style to the new blue flight suit, though some will have some slight differences, like side zipper pockets (aka 'happy pockets').

The utility uniform sold by Vanguard (made by Tru-Spec) has a bit of styling borrowed from the current flight suit and the aborted McPeak flight suit, such as 'happy pockets', no top thigh zipper pockets (or pen knife pocket) and a penlight pocket on the lower right leg zipper pocket.

The NASA-style flight suit is good until 2009, but expect more than a few to ignore the phaseout date.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Psicorp

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on September 30, 2006, 02:03:25 PM
Yup... the dark blue Nomex flight suit (aka CWU-73/P (the sage green AF-style is CWU-27/P)) replaces the ultramarine blue CAP flight suit. The utility uniform is identical in color and style to the new blue flight suit, though some will have some slight differences, like side zipper pockets (aka 'happy pockets').

The utility uniform sold by Vanguard (made by Tru-Spec) has a bit of styling borrowed from the current flight suit and the aborted McPeak flight suit, such as 'happy pockets', no top thigh zipper pockets (or pen knife pocket) and a penlight pocket on the lower right leg zipper pocket.

The NASA-style flight suit is good until 2009, but expect more than a few to ignore the phaseout date.

Okay, thank you sir!   I had found a deal on the CWU-73/P...got a new one for $45 including shipping on Ebay and then got to wondering which flight suit it was that's being phased out.  I looked on Vanguard and was like :o  $268!!!  Yikes!   Personally I like that CAP blue uniforms and have gotten a few sets even though I meet the A.F. weight requirements.  Anyway, thank you for the clarification.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257