abysmal

Hard to beat a good pair of Jump Boots!
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

cadetnelson

www.altama.com

the best of the best of the best!!!  And not that bad of pricing, especially if you buy from an AAFES or whatever (initials?) store.  I got a pair for 70.00 b/c the army surplus didn't have my size, but they were selling them on sale, new, for 59.99
C/Amn Nelson

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Matt

Quote from: Buzz on August 31, 2005, 08:43:34 AM
[...]I generally wear a pair of Corcoran II jump boots.  They are so comfortable that I wear them all the time, except when barefoot, sandals or running shoes are a better option. A pair will cost about $125 but the pair I'm wearing now have lasted me 4 years of near-daily wear.

Bah, I'll stick with their cousin's, that Matterhorns.  Waterproof, Gortex, Thinsulate Lined with the Vibram Sole.  And of course Mickey's in the winter...

The only downfall of the Matterhorn's is polishing, it's not advised because of the wax in the polish seals the moisture in the leather.  But conditioner, which is used, puts on an 'OK' shine. ;)
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

SKYKING607

Use my "issue" boots on ES functions.  Home station (unit meetings) I use the same boots I wear when on duty (law enforcement)...my Rocky 9-1-1 lug sole boots.  Leather cordura-nylon combo.
CAWG Career Captain

smj58501

Quote from: MIKE on July 07, 2005, 05:21:38 PM
Got my Infantry Combat Boots today... Man these things are sweet.  They are supposed to be seconds, but I can find nothing thats really wrong with them.

One thing I noticed is that the wear and care booklet that came with them says you are not supposed to apply any kind of polish to them or spit shine them... The cadets that have them said they don't shine well anyway, much like the older speed-lace combat boots.

I wore the ICB's everyday for the past several years (winter or summer.... actually not too bad in the heat) for work. The only reason I don't wear them anymore is because we are switching over to the Army Combat Uniform, which uses suede boots (the good news is i have several pair available for CAP Ops  :) ). The ICB's are very comfortable and durable.... by far the best black boot I ever owned. I recommend them.... incidently I also ordered mine through The Sportsmans Guide.... significant cost savings can be found by shopping there.

PS- it is true they don't shine well. The ICB's are a functional boot that can be kept black at best. If you want parade ground boots get some Cochrans or similar. The down side is (unless you get their field boot), they are not the best field boot.
Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

Al Sayre

I'll second that, I bought a pair for my cadet daughter and for myself and was very happy with the products.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787