I need help with a photoshop project

Started by RogueLeader, April 17, 2016, 10:47:19 PM

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on June 01, 2016, 03:16:35 AM
Quote from: JeffDG on June 01, 2016, 01:17:26 AM
So, at present, there are no SMWOG's in command of units, making your statement that SMWOGs "do command squadrons" as demonstrably false.

At the time I made that statement, there were two on record, making that statement demonstrably true.
You made that statement earlier today, and your assertion demonstrates nothing.

etodd

I've gone through two bags of popcorn tonight while reading this thread and trying to make any sense of it. Will a third bag help?

Maybe a sidetrack will help. If a SMWOG commands a unit, what type of uniform should he wear?  ROTFL
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

Quote from: JeffDG on June 01, 2016, 03:18:34 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 01, 2016, 03:16:35 AM
Quote from: JeffDG on June 01, 2016, 01:17:26 AM
So, at present, there are no SMWOG's in command of units, making your statement that SMWOGs "do command squadrons" as demonstrably false.

At the time I made that statement, there were two on record, making that statement demonstrably true.
You made that statement earlier today, and your assertion demonstrates nothing.

By all means, let's not sidetrack the narrative by citing facts.

The actual statement I made...

Quote from: Eclipse on May 19, 2016, 11:20:20 PM
As of last check, there were at least two NCOs serving as unit CC's, and a couple of SMWOG. nothing prevents GOs, Cols, or
anyone else from joing those units and being directed by a member who has been in CAP long enough for his check to clear.

...was 12 days ago, and while it was factually accurate as of that date, doesn't actually say when I checked, only the
last time I looked, which could have been last year.

The discussions today are in reference to that assertion, 12 days ago.

Now, by all means, do some math and tell me it was only 11.5 days ago because you're in a different time zone,
or it was actually 13 days ago, because a "day" is really 24.0000005473 hours due to the slowing of the earth's rotation,
therefore the whole point is invalid and it "never happened".

None of the above will change the fact that CAP currently has Field Grade Officers reporting to Company Grade officers,
at least one General reporting to a Major, officers (presumably) reporting to NCO commanders in violation of the regulations, and SMWOG can and do
command squadrons (though not, apparently today), and introducing the idea of job segregation and manning tables for NCOs, absent any other wholesale fix,
is just going to break that worse.

Can I pick out a specific time when a SMWOG commanded a General.  No.  So stipulated, as long as the court will further stipulate the possibility,
which was the point to begin with.  Had I said "2d Lts command Lt Colonels" the point would be no more or less valid, but I guarantee it's out there today.

At least the bus wouldn't have stopped to point out that while the "tires are round, and could be round, they aren't round in the way you say there are".
(That still makes them round, for clarification).

But do Field Grade Officers regularly report to, and are commanded by, Company grade officers (or lower). Darn Skippy.  I've personally been in that
situation from both sides,  it is so common as to be unremarkable in context, we all know that, but the optics are terrible from an external perspective.

So by all means, pick apart the semantics, and pretend minutia like this negates the broader point, that's always a means to a satisfying discussion.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on June 01, 2016, 04:26:13 AM
By all means, let's not sidetrack the narrative by citing facts.

Here:

So, let me sum up:

Yesterday you said it was a fact that SMWOG's command squadrons.
I pulled the data as of yesterday
No SMWOGs command squadrons
Thus, I have demonstrated that your statement of fact was false.

That's what "demonstrably false" means.

JeffDG

So by all means, pick apart the semantics, and pretend minutia like this negates the broader point, that's always a means to a satisfying discussion.
It's not possible to have a "satisfying discussion" with someone who, even when presented with direct evidence that they are wrong about something, continues to argue that they were not, in fact, wrong.

You seem to lack the ability to admit error.  I feel pity for you.

Storm Chaser

I got the point. Last he checked, that statement was true. It no longer is. Now we have 2d Lts and MSgts commanding squadrons (unless that changed recently; I haven't checked this morning). The general point is the same. Members with lesser grades can and do command squadrons with members of higher grades. That is a fact. Can we move on now?

vorteks

Quote from: JeffDG on June 01, 2016, 12:20:48 PM
It's not possible to have a "satisfying discussion" with someone who, even when presented with direct evidence that they are wrong about something, continues to argue that they were not, in fact, wrong.

You seem to lack the ability to admit error.  I feel pity for you.

You seem to lack the ability to see the larger picture. Or you're just trying to be difficult. Your latest contributions to the thread are irrelevant and deliberately ignore the larger point being effectively made by Eclipse.

This thread has veered way off topic and should be locked at this point.

RogueLeader

Again, the point of this thread, I should know as I started this, was to get a bit of technical help to go along with a proposal to help improve the CAP Officer Professional Development Program, and to help differential the differences between what I see are beneficial training differences between CAP Officer and CAP Enlisted grade structures.

That technical help has been given, for which much thanks and appreciation.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Storm Chaser

I'm not opposed to the idea of a program in which most members start out as airmen and later become NCOs. I would also be fine with increasing the requirements to becoming a CAP officer and/or limiting officer grades to command and leadership positions. The challenge, as I see it, is that it would take a long time to transition to an organization where most members are "enlisted" instead of officers. It would also take a complete revamp of our PD program, promotion system, and organizational structure. Unfortunately, I'm not sure the organization and membership are ready for those drastic changes.

FW

^ Sounds fine.  Remember, though, it has taken years just to rewrite our current regulations.  It may be sometime in the next century, we will be able to see a complete rewrite of our entire membership structure, and PD program... >:D