I need help with a photoshop project

Started by RogueLeader, April 17, 2016, 10:47:19 PM

RogueLeader

I need a willing member to create a version of CAP Stripes (using the current NCO Stripes as a template) and Make stripes for Amn, A1C and SrA.

I'm working on a proposal of my own for a revamp of the program that makes clear sense.

Any takers?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

abdsp51

Sir

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the program hammered out and in place before revamping?  What would these Adult AMN do? 

RogueLeader

The proposal that I'm working spells it out, but the bottom line is the Enlisted Corps are going to be doing what most members are doing right now, its the Officer Corps that will be getting a revamp that includes more training, particularly in Leadership skills, and Mentoring.

The pictures of the new grade are to go along with the proposal.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

etodd

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 17, 2016, 11:31:20 PM
....... its the Officer Corps that will be getting a revamp that includes more training, particularly in Leadership skills, and Mentoring.

My guess is that creating the information for all that training could take a few years to develop and work its way through the system. Creating the new ribbons would be item number 679 on the priority list and could be done upon nearing completion. ;)

How far along are you creating all these new training regimens? Training manuals written? SQTR worksheets ready?
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

RogueLeader

While you aren't necessarily wrong about how long the approval process can take, based on some of the stuff learned at NSC, this may not take the time it traditionally would.  That's about all I can say about that.

A lot of the specific leadership material would be pulled from grade appropriate AF Officer Training.

No new ribbons would need to be created.  Just change the authorized devices to denote the specific differences in the training.  Such as the Level 3 for Enlisted is the same, except for the added Leadership Component required for Officers.  Enlisted would get the Loening Ribbon, Officers that only have the Squadron Officer School level Leadership would add a bronze star to the Ribbon, while those that took Squadron Officer School (in-residence or correspondence) would add a silver to the ribbon.

There would be a Leadership Component for Level 3-5, and move OBC to Level 1.  This is still in the basic draft stage, but I'm happy with the concept.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Bayareaflyer 44

DS - while I do not have your requested pics, I fully track with your intention.  Just food for thought, but, there are other volunteer paramilitary (there's that word again folks) organizations that utilize an enlisted to officer track based on skill and leadership abilities.  The one that immediately jumps to mind is the State Military Reserve (and specifically in my case, the California SMR).

I know in CA we have several members dual-hatted in both CAP and the CSMR, and perhaps there is something similar in your wing?  If you are truly intending to undertake such a monumental task, it may be worthwhile  benchmarking how such an organization functions with this grade progression process?  My 2₵

Earhart #2546
GRW     #3418

RogueLeader

Fully tracking.  There isn't anything like that here in Wyoming, but I have already considered that into this whole paradigm shift- and am putting that whole process into this proposal.  Your $.02 is well appreciated.  If you could get me some contact information for them for ideas that can be adopted wholesale, or adapted for CAP service- that would be great.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

abdsp51

Quote from: etodd on April 18, 2016, 12:42:05 AM
Quote from: RogueLeader on April 17, 2016, 11:31:20 PM
....... its the Officer Corps that will be getting a revamp that includes more training, particularly in Leadership skills, and Mentoring.

My guess is that creating the information for all that training could take a few years to develop and work its way through the system. Creating the new ribbons would be item number 679 on the priority list and could be done upon nearing completion. ;)

How far along are you creating all these new training regimens? Training manuals written? SQTR worksheets ready?

You don't need SQTRs for promotion or advancement.  That's an ES specific term.

Bayareaflyer 44

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 18, 2016, 01:18:30 AM
If you could get me some contact information for them for ideas that can be adopted wholesale, or adapted for CAP service- that would be great.

I will contact the two individuals that I know, and see if they are willing to help ya.  Once I get their blessing, I'll send you their contact info.

Earhart #2546
GRW     #3418

RogueLeader

I've actually been thinking this over for a while, but NSC helped the idea coalesce into a rational, coherent, measurable, objective proposal with defined reasons for the creation of an Enlisted Corps other than "Because"  Now, I just need to get written down in that manner and run it up the flagpole.

Quote from: Bayareaflyer 44 on April 18, 2016, 01:42:19 AM
Quote from: RogueLeader on April 18, 2016, 01:18:30 AM
If you could get me some contact information for them for ideas that can be adopted wholesale, or adapted for CAP service- that would be great.

I will contact the two individuals that I know, and see if they are willing to help ya.  Once I get their blessing, I'll send you their contact info.

Roger that.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Hyperion

http://imgur.com/a/F5Ykf

Link to an album with all CAP enlisted ranks based off Vanguard's photos from CMSgt down to Amn. Took about half an hour. Hope it helps.

- Hyperion
To serve in silence.

Jester

Quote from: Hyperion on April 19, 2016, 09:33:00 AM

Link to an album with all CAP enlisted ranks based off Vanguard's photos from CMSgt down to Amn. Took about half an hour. Hope it helps.

- Hyperion

Looks good. I dig it.

Майор Хаткевич

- Hyperion

Nice work.

RogueLeader

- Hyperion

Sweet.  Thanks.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Hyperion

Happy to help! If anyone needs me to help edit the photos some more I'll give my best shot.

I fully agree with the idea of a junior enlisted in CAP. In fact, junior enlisted can help us remove the confusing Flight Officer grades. Have new SMs under 21 join as junior enlisted while cadets with milestones can transfer their grades to appropriate enlisted grade, such as the Billy Mitchell giving E-3 like how it does for the AF. Maybe Spaatz can get SrA? Just throwing out ideas to help us get rid of a confusing area (Flight Officers) and empower a new area (enlisted). Regardless, good luck Rogue Leader.

Hyperion
To serve in silence.

SarDragon

Spaatz -> SrA? That's an insult, IMHO.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Hyperion

Quote from: SarDragon on April 20, 2016, 04:31:44 AM
Spaatz -> SrA? That's an insult, IMHO.

The Air Force only gives CAP cadets up to E-3 for their Mitchell, regardless if they were a Mitchell, Earhart, Eaker, or Spaatz. I doubt the Air Force would go for our program if we allowed 18 year olds to be immediately SSgt / TSgt because they were a C/Col, which is the whole reason we have Flight Officer ranks in the first place: to please the Air Force from having Captains running around at 18 because they were a Spaatz. While Spaatz recipients have done an excellent job achieving such a high cadet rank, their award was already given to them in the form of being a C/ Col. If preferred, Mitchell could get E-2, Earhart E-3, and Spaatz E-4 to ensure more appropriate grade staggering. Personally I'd prefer the AF way of any cadet at or past Mitchell just gets E-3.

When you see a CAP Staff Sergeant, you know they had the maturity necessary to become an NCO in the military. we need to ensure cadets, regardless how high they achieved in the program, have appropriate time to mature to better represent the grade they now wear on their uniform.
To serve in silence.

SarDragon

Giving E-3 for Mitchell in the Air Force is fair, since the skills learned in CAP fit the E-3 skill set. In order to become an E-4, you need to have skills in a job field. CAP does not furnish these.

On the other hand, a Spaatz cadet has many CAP skills that could carry over to an NCO status in CAP.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Falling Hare

RogueLeader,

This is a great effort!  Keep us all informed with the progress of this...would love to see a complete copy of your proposal.

You should post future messages under some thing like "CAP enlisted ranks" since this would get a lot more attention on the list...at first I thought
this was purely and IT question.

When I first enlisted in CAP back in 1982 I nearly fell out of my chair when they said I would be an instant officer.  Never liked the "everyone is an officer" concept and never felt comfortable with it....it screams un-professionalism.

Best of luck on this project!

RogueLeader

Well, to be fair, this was/is only about that specific IT issue, as I don't have photoshop or the skills to do it right.  I gave some background as to WHY I wanted it done.  And it's not just an enlisted grade structure, its a paradigm shift for the Senior Program.  More information will be forthcoming as it develops.  On, the other hand, some comments such as the Cadet transition, is one I hadn't considered, but now it's being incorporated into the paper.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340