What is the story on the grey pants for polo shirt?

Started by Blues Brother, October 21, 2012, 07:10:34 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: Dracosbane on October 30, 2012, 02:37:28 AM"Footwear:  Men:  Low quarters:  Black oxford, lace-up style shoes with a plain rounded toe or a plain rounded capped toe, without perforation or design; sole will not exceed 1/2 inch in thickness and the heel will not exceed 1 inch in height (measured from the inside front of the heel), may have low wedge heel, smooth or scotch grained leather or man-made material, high gloss or patent finish.  May not be worn in a flight environment.  Dress Boots:  Black with rounded plain or rounded capped toe, zipper or elastic inserts optional; no design; sole will not exceed 1/2 inch in thickness and shoe heels will not exceed 1 inch in height (measured from the inside front of the heel).  Combat boots:  Black, with or without safety toe, must have a plain rounded toe or rounded capped toe with or without perforated seam, sipper or elastic inserts are optional.  Highly polished, high gloss, or patent leather.  No ornamentation such as buckles or straps allowed."

This is the suggested new footwear prescription for the golf shirt with TAC pants?

"That Others May Zoom"

Dracosbane

Quote from: Eclipse on October 30, 2012, 03:00:50 AM
Quote from: Dracosbane on October 30, 2012, 02:37:28 AM
"Authorizes the wear of combat boots with this combination."
They are authorized now.

Table 4-4 

Footwear:   Men: Black shoes or dress boots (plain, black, commercial design without ornamentation such as buckles or straps) with black or dark blue socks. Women: Either black tailored pumps, plain black oxfords or black leather loafers with off-black hose, neutral nylon hose, dark blue or black socks, as appropriate. Dress boots (plain, black, commercial design without ornamentation such as buckles, bows, or straps) with heels of a height suitable to the individual but not higher than 2 1/2 inches (measured from inside sole of the boot to the end of heel lift).

Yes and no.  What is a dress boot or black shoe?  Do combat boots fit this description?

Quote from: Eclipse on October 30, 2012, 03:04:28 AM
This is the suggested new footwear prescription for the golf shirt with TAC pants?

My guess is they're wanting something a bit sturdier for flight ops.  Specifically some type of boot since they're only saying the low quarter shoes aren't to be worn in flight ops.  Safety concern perhaps?  Again, they don't say you have to wear boots with the tac pants, or can't wear boots with the Dockers "trousers."

Eclipse

There's no requirement now for boots in the airplanes - guys wear dress shows with their flight suits all the time.

"That Others May Zoom"

Dracosbane

"Blue Flight Suit Combination"

"New Standard..."

"Footwear:  Black, plain lace-up oxford style shoes with a plain rounded toe or a plain rounded capped toe or black, plain lace-up boot may be worn.  No western style or mesh style boots are authorized.  Ropers and Wellingtons are acceptable."

"Notable Changes..."

"Clarifies authorized footwear."

I'm not sure why the dress shoe wouldn't be ok with the polo for flight ops.

Eclipse

Hopefully if anything is ever published someone will review it for consistency with existing regs.

"That Others May Zoom"

Dracosbane

Or with itself, since that's a huge problem with the current reg too.

Blues Brother

If I am going to a meeting and then flying after, TAC pants and combat boots with the polo would be great.  but I can see dress pants and dress shoes with the polo if you are attending a bit more of a formal situation.   I try to be cautious with clothing, but end up being kinda harsh on it.  I mean with flying,  TAC pants and combat boots are better for me personally because with preflighting the plane, etc.... I am bound to screw up a good pair of dress pants and dress shoes.  where TAC pants & boots would be more durable and more comfortable for flight ops.   just my opinion.  I think this is good because it gives us more options to fit what activities we are doing.