Tactical pants for golf shirt uniform

Started by RiverAux, August 29, 2012, 08:44:35 PM

a2capt

The way I've read that is we're specifying that you can buy non-steel toe boots, not that the opposite is prohibited.

ProdigalJim

Quote from: Fubar on September 01, 2012, 02:15:36 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 31, 2012, 07:14:21 PMFYI - the NUC briefing was just post and there's not a hint of any discussion regarding the golf shirt combo or tac pants.
http://capmembers.com/media/cms/NUC_Briefing_Aug_2012_F99B515D815D4.ppt
What about this bit:

Quote from: NHQ NUC BriefingCAP corporate working uniform dark blue shirt/trousers BDU style w/black boots w/out safety toe, headgear required (baseball cap or dark blue BDU cap may be worn)
Does "dark blue shirt" mean blue BDUs or the polo shirt? My initial impression was that they meant the polo, since I thought we call it a BDU "blouse" and not a shirt and "BDU style" suggests not actual BDU pants.

Everything about this quote -- "CAP corporate working uniform dark blue shirt/trousers BDU style w/black boots w/out safety toe, headgear required (baseball cap or dark blue BDU cap may be worn)" -- corresponds to the 39-1 description of what we've been calling, unofficially, Blue BDUs, except for the fact that they don't use the term used in 39-1: CAP Field Uniform. The "Field Uniform" is the dark blue equivalent to the "BDU." 39-1 says BDU only when it means the Woodland camos.

It would have been much less confusing for everyone if the NUC briefing had simply said CAP Field Uniform instead of "corporate working uniform," which is kinda meaningless on its own. I would also note that everywhere 39-1 actually means the golf shirt, they use the term "golf shirt."

Given the above, I would conclude they're talking about the dark-blue field uniform that's cut like BDUs...

This is a little bit like theological exigesis or constitutional scholarship..."what was the writer's intent?"  ;D
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

ol'fido

Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

SarDragon

The met(atarsal) guard prevents crushing injuries between the toes and the ankle.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

umpirecali

Quote from: Eclipse on August 31, 2012, 03:18:21 PM
How are they going to specify a manufacturer?  They don't even do that with the USAF-style uniforms.

The spec needs to stay loose to allow people to shop their own closets, which is one of the points of the corporate variants.

There isn't even a need to specifically authorize them - the spec as it exists today is fine.

They could specify the color of grey. I umpire college baseball and for years the pants had to be "heather" grey.  Then a few years ago it changed to charcoal grey.  Everyone matches dispute the numerous manufacturers because there is a clear standard.  I don't which color or style CAP picks but when one guy has light grey cargo pants, the second has grey dockers, and another has dark grey dress slacks, the group looks junkie as a whole
Capt Chris Cali, CAP
Deputy Commander
Deputy Commander for Cadets

Fubar

Quote from: ProdigalJim on September 05, 2012, 08:11:17 PMGiven the above, I would conclude they're talking about the dark-blue field uniform that's cut like BDUs...

Hmm, your analysis certainly makes sense. Thank you for sharing that. It also makes sense in regards to requiring head gear for a polo shirt (which seems unlikely).

Thanks!

SarDragon

I'm going shopping tomorrow for some new grey slacks. I'm taking a rank slide, just to see how close a match I can get, and what the name of that color is. My current ones match pretty well, and are called Heather Grey.

Will post results when I get back from the store(s).
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: SarDragon on September 06, 2012, 06:23:59 AM
I'm going shopping tomorrow for some new grey slacks. I'm taking a rank slide, just to see how close a match I can get, and what the name of that color is. My current ones match pretty well, and are called Heather Grey.

Will post results when I get back from the store(s).

I had good luck at Macy's last year:

Quote from: usafaux2004 on June 17, 2011, 12:18:04 AM
I'm not going to lie. White with gray doesn't look all that bad. Just have to make it look good!

Here are the pants with the VG slides:

SarDragon

That's about like my current match. I will indeed check out Macy's. Thanks.  :)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: SarDragon on September 06, 2012, 02:03:39 PM
That's about like my current match. I will indeed check out Macy's. Thanks.  :)

If you follow the quote link you said:

Quote from: SarDragon on June 17, 2011, 12:27:53 AM
You're a winner, I'd say. That's about the same match I have.

:P

SarDragon

That's from almost 15 months ago. You expect me to remember that far back? Good luck. Some days I barely remember 15 minutes ago.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret