Tactical pants for golf shirt uniform

Started by RiverAux, August 29, 2012, 08:44:35 PM

RiverAux

I'm hearing from a reliable source that some sort of tactical pant has been approved for wear with the dark blue golf shirt. 

I know that some of you have been trying to argue that tactical pants were already ok so maybe the pants you have been wearing are finally going to actually be an approved uniform item. 

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

No need for specific approval, since tac pants meet the light definition in the regs, but if NHQ wants to make things more clear, great.

"That Others May Zoom"

Ned

No uniform changes were made at the recent NB meeting; no new ICLS have been published, none are pending comment.

That wasn't even a topic we have discussed recently on the NUC.

So, no changes on any pants on any unifom.

RiverAux

Someone with eagles on his shoulders is saying differently. 

AngelWings

Quote from: RiverAux on August 29, 2012, 08:51:42 PM

Those are not eagles! Sorry, I couldn't resist.  >:D

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

Quote from: Eclipse on August 29, 2012, 09:09:43 PM

Relevance?
Seems quite relevant to me that a member of what is still the NB is saying that a change has been made while NED is saying different.  Shows that there is obviously some confusion amongst our leadership. 

RogueLeader

Quote from: RiverAux on August 29, 2012, 09:13:07 PM

Relevance?
Seems quite relevant to me that a member of what is still the NB is saying that a change has been made while NED is saying different.  Shows that there is obviously some confusion amongst our leadership.
Again, cite please. An emailed letter perhaps. 

I have captains bars and I can start rumors too.
  >:D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

cap235629

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 29, 2012, 09:48:44 PM

Relevance?

An excerpt from an email our Wing Commander sent this morning:

Commanders, As many of you may know, I've just returned from our National Summer Board meeting. Several things transpired that are of interest to all... One of those is the wear of the Air Force style uniform. Bottom line, we have a systemic problem across the CAP community with our members not knowing how to PROPERLY wear the uniform. When you address your squadrons at your next meeting, explain again what is allowable and what is not and where it is found in CAPR 39-1. I've noticed things like BDUs being worn without appropriate head gear, boots, wrong sizes, wrong everything. Do not embarrass your squadron, your Wing, and do not embarrass the thousands of men and women that have worn these uniforms protecting our country and defending our freedom. The National Commander has started to make proper uniform wear  one of his main points of his leadership. I say "HOO RAH" and you should to. Bottom line, if our members show up to go as a group without being properly dressed, do not allow them in the vehicle, and ask them politely to fix whatever it is that wrong. Each commander is responsible for their members, but don't be afraid to speak up to others. It is OK to wear street clothes if someone does not have a uniform. You will be receiving further guidance on cap uniforms, such as the new tactical pants to be worn with the dark blue golf shirt. Oh one last thing, tennis shoes are not authorized with any CAP uniform, if that is all someone has, wear street clothes, do not mix street clothes with any CAP or Military uniforms. Sorry for going on a rampage, but this has been coming for a long time. If you have any questions on this, please contact me, I will be glad to take time to discuss it.

EDIT:
The reference to street clothes was referring to a portion of the email that was talking about an upcoming air show
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

GroundHawg

Quote from: cap235629 on August 30, 2012, 02:07:37 AM

Relevance?

Commanders, As many of you may know, I've just returned from our National Summer Board meeting. Several things transpired that are of interest to all... One of those is the wear of the Air Force style uniform. Bottom line, we have a systemic problem across the CAP community with our members not knowing how to PROPERLY wear the uniform. When you address your squadrons at your next meeting, explain again what is allowable and what is not and where it is found in CAPR 39-1. I've noticed things like BDUs being worn without appropriate head gear, boots, wrong sizes, wrong everything. Do not embarrass your squadron, your Wing, and do not embarrass the thousands of men and women that have worn these uniforms protecting our country and defending our freedom. The National Commander has started to make proper uniform wear  one of his main points of his leadership. I say "HOO RAH" and you should to. Bottom line, if our members show up to go as a group without being properly dressed, do not allow them in the vehicle, and ask them politely to fix whatever it is that wrong. Each commander is responsible for their members, but don't be afraid to speak up to others. It is OK to wear street clothes if someone does not have a uniform. You will be receiving further guidance on cap uniforms, such as the new tactical pants to be worn with the dark blue golf shirt. Oh one last thing, tennis shoes are not authorized with any CAP uniform, if that is all someone has, wear street clothes, do not mix street clothes with any CAP or Military uniforms. Sorry for going on a rampage, but this has been coming for a long time. If you have any questions on this, please contact me, I will be glad to take time to discuss it.

EDIT:
The reference to street clothes was referring to a portion of the email that was talking about an upcoming air show

I thought you could wear black tennis shoes with the Blue BDUs? Am I reading 39-1 wrong?

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: GroundHawg on August 30, 2012, 03:01:04 AM

Relevance?

EDIT:

I thought you could wear black tennis shoes with the Blue BDUs? Am I reading 39-1 wrong?
Or what if you have a shoe waiver?

Or if the sky is blue and it is Tuesday? >:D
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

cap235629

Quote from: GroundHawg on August 30, 2012, 03:01:04 AM

Relevance?

EDIT:

I think he was referring to the rash of polo/grey dress slacks/black tennis shoes among many members of our wing.....
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

lordmonar

So....you calling Ned a lier?
And someone with eagles are so known for their accurate feed back.

Really dude.....give it a rest.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

abdsp51

39-1 says black shoes for polo combo. 

SarDragon

I've been wearing black Reebok Classics with my polo, and G/W for years, and no one has ever mentioned any problems.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Private Investigator

I have seen all kinds of gray/grey slacks/pants with the polo shirt. Are we talking gray BDU pants with the polo? That would make sense to me.

RiverAux

Quote from: lordmonar on August 30, 2012, 04:50:34 AM
So....you calling Ned a lier?
And someone with eagles are so known for their accurate feed back.

Really dude.....give it a rest.

No, just saying that another high ranking CAP officer said something differently.  As I pointed out it shows that some confusion exists among the leadership.  Didn't say anything about someone lying. 

Eclipse

Quote from: cap235629 on August 30, 2012, 02:07:37 AM...tennis shoes are not authorized with any CAP uniform,

These,  are "tennis shoes" (generically):

These, are not:

I see no issue wearing the latter, however I would not be surprised if an issue was made...

Per 39-1, page 85:
Men:  Black shoes or dress boots (plain, black, commercial design without ornamentation such as buckles or straps)

"That Others May Zoom"

wuzafuzz

^^+1

I wear plain black "sneakers" with my polo shirt uniform.  They are perfectly acceptable if they are in good condition.  When combined with grey Dockers Extreme trousers or Lee brand slacks you have a very comfortable uniform that still looks professional, assuming everything fits correctly.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."