Uniform board 2012

Started by jhsmith400, August 28, 2012, 06:25:05 PM

AngelWings

Quote from: usafaux2004 on September 02, 2012, 04:57:54 AM
Quote from: AngelWings on September 02, 2012, 04:48:59 AM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on September 02, 2012, 04:28:05 AM
I think you may have other issues with BDUs. Nothing done normally in CAP would cause a cadet or a SM to go through a set every 7-8 months, and especially 3 months.
In my local forest, I've had pants rip from thorns and things. Huge thorns. I've also gotten rust, grease, and avgas on my uniform from being around older structures. No squadron is alike, and everyone has different experiences.

If something like that is happening every 10 meetings or so, then you need to work on situational awareness.
While grease, avgas, and rust is very rare, thorns are not. Sadly, I am not Chuck Norris, so they do get in my way. Especially since my squadron has been gifted with a grass field and forest very close by, both of which are absolutely perfect for ES.

manfredvonrichthofen

I take it you Were never a cadets and grew out of your uniforms a lot.

As of now, being a SM, I do Es training a lot, as previously stated. Thorns barbed wire and things of the sort cause uniform issues. It has nothing to do with situational awareness... It has to do with training a lot. There are big thorns around every training site I have ever been to in Indiana, and all around our stomping grounds here in AR.

AngelWings

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on September 02, 2012, 05:32:08 AM
I take it you Were never a cadets and grew out of your uniforms a lot.

As of now, being a SM, I do Es training a lot, as previously stated. Thorns barbed wire and things of the sort cause uniform issues. It has nothing to do with situational awareness... It has to do with training a lot. There are big thorns around every training site I have ever been to in Indiana, and all around our stomping grounds here in AR.
Or guys like me who shrunk and their old uniforms are waay too baggy! We're both in areas wear we have real uniform killers, like thorns. Also, I've seen a few people blow out the crotch stitching before from doing hard work.

Майор Хаткевич

Given that my signature has the Earhart ribbon, I think I have been a cadet, and I also grew. BDUs have a RANGE in size. Unless you were growing a foot / 30 lbs per 3 months for a few years, I doubt you needed to change them due to size that often.

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: usafaux2004 on September 02, 2012, 06:27:21 AM
Given that my signature has the Earhart ribbon, I think I have been a cadet, and I also grew. BDUs have a RANGE in size. Unless you were growing a foot / 30 lbs per 3 months for a few years, I doubt you needed to change them due to size that often.
I never really looked at your sign image, but yeah, I grew kinda rapidly. But there was more to replacing uniforms as a cadet than just growing, I did ES as a cadet too. So throw both in, that's a lot of uniform changes.

At any rate,  it is still a burden trying to replace uniforms when they aren't kept in decent stock locally, and you have to pay ten to fifteen extra dollars and then add shipping on top to get them from VG.

Майор Хаткевич

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: usafaux2004 on September 02, 2012, 07:58:48 AM
BDU.com
Still costs more than local surplus, plus shipping, and genuine brand seems to be of Rothcoish quality.