The Grey Cap Thread

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, July 18, 2011, 07:22:03 PM

Hawk200

Quote from: CyBorg on July 23, 2011, 06:39:09 PM
I don't know of any AF or CAP personnel who have worn both styles (four pocket "Tony Nelson" and McPeak/Fogleman) that prefer the current cut.  I certainly don't.
I've worn both. I actually never wore the McPeak style until after I'd separated, the phaseout date was close enough to my AD separation date that I didn't need it. I did have to get one for CAP. I preferred the old four pocket.

Spaceman3750

I don't know of any AF or CAP personnel who have worn both styles (four pocket "Tony Nelson" and McPeak/Fogleman) that prefer the current cut.  I certainly don't.

If CAP adopts a grey service coat, like the Air America one, I would hope it would be four-pocket.

Maybe something like this...

Again, please no... Just let me have my shirt with no jacket and be done with it. If you need something more formal just wear the blazer combo.

The CyBorg is destroyed

I thought I had mentioned that I loathe the blazer...and I know a lot of other CAP members who do as well.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

vento

If CAP adopts a grey service coat, like the Air America one, I would hope it would be four-pocket.

Maybe something like this...

That uniform is not bad when it is worn by a model in perfect shape. I doubt it will look the same if it is worn by our fat and/or fuzzy members. Picture a gentleman with a pony tail (or just longer hair) in that uniform vs the same gentleman with pony tail in the white and grey without headgear and/or 4 pocket jacket.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Again...my thinking is that it would be optional...

It can't look any worse on the types you've mentioned than the Realtor blazer coat.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

AngelWings

Is there a need for a grey cap? Consider yourselves lucky to not need to wear a piece of clothe that sticks up in the air and catches wind like a sail and blow off your head, or falls off your head if you bend over. It is a piece of junk. And those service caps are bulky and a pain to carry around from what I heard.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Littleguy on July 24, 2011, 01:37:59 AM
Is there a need for a grey cap? Consider yourselves lucky to not need to wear a piece of clothe that sticks up in the air and catches wind like a sail and blow off your head, or falls off your head if you bend over. It is a piece of junk.

An opinion not shared by everyone.

And those service caps are bulky and a pain to carry around from what I heard.

When did I suggest those? ???
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ColonelJack

Gee, I dunno ... I kinda like the service cap.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

AngelWings

Quote from: CyBorg on July 24, 2011, 07:03:24 PM
Is there a need for a grey cap? Consider yourselves lucky to not need to wear a piece of clothe that sticks up in the air and catches wind like a sail and blow off your head, or falls off your head if you bend over. It is a piece of junk.

An opinion not shared by everyone.

And those service caps are bulky and a pain to carry around from what I heard.

When did I suggest those? ???
I wasn't replying to you specifically. I hate the hats. I remember when I was at a squadron meeting and the wind blew the hat into a fence right next to a runway and was starting to move up. I grabbed it before it flew onto the runway. It is useless and doesn't even look that spectacular.