Chewing gum in uniform?

Started by HGjunkie, October 06, 2010, 08:55:55 PM

NCRblues

Quote from: wolfgang333 on May 21, 2011, 06:08:59 AM
Be advised if anyone regardless of who comes up to me with their breath on fire and attempts to engage me in conversation (I will) offer them a piece of gum. If they decline, I will not hesitate to tell them for what reason I'm offering and, advise them next time if you wish to have communication with me chew a piece of gum, have a mint or brush your fricken teeth prior. If in doubt, secure your breath and perform the latter. Carrying bad breath with self I consider being out of uniform, period.

Roger, I'm 5 months and a few days advised....  ::)
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ThatOneGuy

I would think that if you were doing any kind of a public event (Airshow, color guard, things of that sort) then no it should not be allowed. It may give an unprofessional appearance to some people. Now way out in the woods, with only your squadron with you, or in a break room during an event (away from the public eye) then I personally see no problem with it. Some cadets use chewing gum as a way to sooth stress and calm down. Now as soon as they come back from the backwoods or leave the breakroom, then the gum needs to go out. Just my personal opinion. 

Major Carrales

I have let cadets chew gum on O-Flights followed by an inspection and throw it away ceremony.  The gum helps with airsickness and ear popping.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

The CyBorg is destroyed

I personally do not chew gum, because I find it illogical to chew and chew and in the end not get anything out of it, but I acknowledge its uses for helping with ears popping.

I would not do it at any time in uniform, because you never know when you'll be called to attention, and chewing gum at the position of attention is a no-no.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Major Carrales

Quote from: CyBorg on May 23, 2011, 05:59:48 PM
I would not do it at any time in uniform, because you never know when you'll be called to attention, and chewing gum at the position of attention is a no-no.

SWALLOW it!!!  THE PUNISHMENT IS BUILT IN! >:D
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

AngelWings

Quote from: CyBorg on May 23, 2011, 05:59:48 PM
I personally do not chew gum, because I find it illogical to chew and chew and in the end not get anything out of it, but I acknowledge its uses for helping with ears popping.

depends on the brand. There is B vitamin and such infused stride gum that taste interesting.