Ribbon positioning

Started by manfredvonrichthofen, October 06, 2010, 05:13:43 AM

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Eclipse on October 06, 2010, 02:57:20 PM
There are (approximately) 1 Google (hint) Gazillion sources for ribbon racks and holders on the web, not to mention (hint) AAFES, your semi-local MCSS, and related stores.

There are no local MCSS or related stores near me. I have gone through Google. I didn't find much in the way of ribbon racks with the number I need, and most places want $15.00 or so for the plastic DIY rack. Also, I'm not that computer savvy, so I get lost on a lot of websites pretty easily.

Understood about the flight jacket.  Thanks.

jimmydeanno

Try Ira Green, they sell stuff like this: http://www.iragreen.com/view/1279/3092/

Price: $4.37 + shipping
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on October 06, 2010, 04:43:33 PM
There are no local MCSS or related stores near me.

Many (most?) MCSS stores will allow you to order via phone and will ship what you need.

"That Others May Zoom"

Hawk200

Quote from: Eclipse on October 06, 2010, 02:57:20 PMYou may not wear the sage flight jacket with the BDU, however I suppose you could make the argument that a non-sage flight jacket could be worn without insignia over the blue field uniform since civilian jackets are allowed.
I remember a time BITD when flight jackets/N3Bs were authorized with BDU's. Did it a few times myself, but quit because it looked wierd. The tail of the shirt hanging out was odd, and felt funny.

manfredvonrichthofen

When it comes to the new parka, and the rank on the chest tab, The memorandum to the 39-1 says something about the cadet NCO is to wear the CAP and rank, am I getting that correct? They have to have both a CAP cutout and  their rank on the tab?

davidsinn

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on October 06, 2010, 11:50:25 PM
When it comes to the new parka, and the rank on the chest tab, The memorandum to the 39-1 says something about the cadet NCO is to wear the CAP and rank, am I getting that correct? They have to have both a CAP cutout and  their rank on the tab?

It's a blue slide with an embroidered CAP on it and then they pin their rank on.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

manfredvonrichthofen

OH, ok, I haven't seen one of those. Is CAP at the top of the slide or the bottom, Or is it the same as the SM without rank?

DakRadz

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on October 07, 2010, 02:18:20 AM
OH, ok, I haven't seen one of those. Is CAP at the top of the slide or the bottom, Or is it the same as the SM without rank?

http://www.vanguardmil.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_390_405_406&products_id=7321

This is what CAP NCOs wear- Capt. Sinn says cadets too, and you say SMs. I haven't the time to look any of those up, but here is the uniform item in question, good sir.

manfredvonrichthofen

flyboy53

If the ribbon bar is such an issue, just go on line to something like Medals for America and order it. Otherwise, it wouldn't hurt to check out sites like Ultra Thin Ribbons and get your ribbons mounted in a unit.

As far as the flight jacket/BDU question, the answer is a very simple no, and don't read between the lines of 39-1. Certainly, when the standard Air Force utility uniform was fatigues that had to be tucked in at the waist, MA-1 flight jackets were permissible (I still have the MA-1 issued to me in Security Forces), but the Air Force stopped that practice maybe two decades ago because it didn't present a professional or military image, and became a major safety issue with the bottom of the BDU shirt hanging out underneath a flight jacket.

If you're wearing BDUS, wear a field jacket even though during my Air Force tenure, I did wear a rain coat at one point.