BDU sleeve roll up

Started by JerseyDevil, March 24, 2015, 11:06:50 PM

Luis R. Ramos

About twenty or so years ago, I was working as a counselor in a non-CAP summer camp in Bemidji, Minnesota. We had been assigned to clean some cabins. I had bought a Boonie, and put some pine twigs on it. Riding in the van back, some in the van were oohing and aaahing at my lil hat, when all of a sudden the girl sitting beside me yells you have a tick!

My first reaction was to flick the boonie towards the floor inside the van. Even faster and louder everyone yelled NOT HERE!!!

So I flicked it towards the window opening, I had a window seat...

Along with the tick, out went the pine twigs and leaves. What a downer!

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

TexasBEAST

So, basically, you're telling us that you used to be a <"Tick Magnet">?
--TB

Luis R. Ramos

Chick Magnet sounds so much better but, yes, I admit to being a Tick Magnet...
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Mets1986

This is on the cap Knowledgebase

There is no longer set dates for seasonal uniform changes or for rolling up BDU sleeves. The US Air Force abandoned the policy of seasonal uniform changes for many reasons, among them the cost of uniforms and the wide variation of climate in the country. Wings or regions may still have some seasonal uniform policies but generally the decision of wearing long or short sleeves or whether to roll up BDU sleeves should be left up to individual members unless they are participating in some type of military formation such as a parade where uniform appearance is important. Note: If BDU sleeves are rolled up, the correct procedures must be followed to attain a professional appearance.

See Chapter 5 - Working and Utility Uniforms for further guidance of CAPM 39-1 CAP Uniform Manual 26 June 2014.

5.1.1. Men's and Women's Battle Dress Uniform. (Figure 5.1)
5.1.1.1. Shirt (Long Sleeve). Cotton and nylon twill or rip-stop cotton; single-breasted with four bellow pockets with flaps; straight-cut bottom sleeve tabs, and side body panels with or without take-up tabs. Only the Woodland Green camouflage pattern is authorized. Long sleeves may be rolled up; if rolled up, sleeve material must match shirt and will touch or come within one inch of forearms when arm is bent at a 90-degree angle. BDU shirt may be removed in the immediate work area. A black crew neck T-shirt will be worn. Military creases are prohibited.

Maj Dunn