Main Menu

Wear of Headgear

Started by Archer, July 06, 2013, 04:37:32 AM

ARandomCadet

Quote from: Al Sayre on July 09, 2013, 08:34:23 PM
Are you supposed to wear the bus driver hat if you're driving the 15 pax van?
May I ask what the bus driver hat is. I have never heard of it before.

RogueLeader

Also known more commonly as a Service Cap.

Figure out why it's called a Bus Drivers Cap. . . >:D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ARandomCadet

Quote from: RogueLeader on July 09, 2013, 08:40:57 PM
Also known more commonly as a Service Cap.

Figure out why it's called a Bus Drivers Cap. . . >:D
Now I get it, I never see anyone wear anything except for flight caps. It's what happens when you live near a pilot training base.

A.Member

Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 09, 2013, 08:58:43 PM
Now I get it, I never see anyone wear anything except for flight caps. It's what happens when you live near a pilot training base.
I've only read a couple of your posts (all in this thread) and was wondering...do you, by chance, happen to live near a pilot training base?
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

ARandomCadet

Quote from: A.Member on July 09, 2013, 09:53:23 PM
Quote from: ILikePlanes on July 09, 2013, 08:58:43 PM
I've only read a couple of your posts (all in this thread) and was wondering...do you, by chance, happen to live near a pilot training base?
Yes sir, my neighbors just got reassigned to Peterson AFB. The jets fly right over my house and school, at times every 10 seconds. NATO-ENJJPT, Sheppard AFB

Storm Chaser

Very few Air Force personnel wear the service cap (only majors and above are required to own one). And those few who do wear it usually do so on special occasions with their service dress uniform.

ARandomCadet

Quote from: Storm Chaser on July 09, 2013, 11:04:12 PM
Very few Air Force personnel wear the service cap (only majors and above are required to own one). And those few who do wear it usually do so on special occasions with their service dress uniform.
The only time I ever see them wear them is for the official portraits that they have if they are in a high position. And that is also the only time I have ever seen an officer in service dress, for their official portraits, oh and interviews on tv (only when they are at their desks are they wearing service dress) since here you either wear ABUs or flight suits for a normal uniform.