Main Menu

Boots

Started by THE STORMIN MORMON, June 10, 2013, 07:31:48 PM

THE STORMIN MORMON

I found some really cool German black leather boots but I'm not sure if I can wear them with my BDUs they go about mid calf or a little higher. Is this acceptable?

NIN

Quote from: THE STORMIN MORMON on June 10, 2013, 07:31:48 PM
I found some really cool German black leather boots but I'm not sure if I can wear them with my BDUs they go about mid calf or a little higher. Is this acceptable?

Are they black?

Do they lace up?

Do you have a photo of them?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

Do you get an uncontrollable urge to Goose step every time you put them on? >:D

If you don't they're probably OK.

NIN

Before speed-lace boots were popular, I crewed with a guy who used German Army combat boots from the 1980s, and they were *similar* to the full-leather speed-lace or the summer-weight flight boots.

So there are plenty of German boots that would probably work OK.

This would probably be OK:

These might even cut the mustard, as they don't look much different than Corcoran jump boots

These, however, require a fritz helmet and an MP-44 drill rifle:
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

UH60guy

Are mine OK?

Sorry, couldn't resist.  >:D

Seriously though, there are plenty of acceptable boots out there. Mid calf might be a bit high, but you'll want to use your judgement. Is it close to what others are wearing? I realize they aren't all identical, but people generally wear boots that are at least similar. Remember the point of a uniform is uniformity.
Maj Ken Ward
VAWG Internal AEO

vento

I'd think that you can blouse your BDU pants over the boots to make it look like the 8 inches that most members wear. It would look funny when one or two members wear something totally different than the rest of the group, picture of the few baseball players wearing their socks really high comes to mind... not that it is wrong per se, it is just funny looking.

Eclipse

In regards to uniforms, the above is generally where things go wrong.

If you have to ask the question, you already know the answer.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

I know what I will do when I am given command of a squadron.

I will order about ten pairs of cavalry boots for my ground and UDF teams. That way we will all be in "uniform." Let's see which tick is going to be daring enough to get between the pants and the boots!

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

NIN

Quote from: UH60guy on June 11, 2013, 03:32:23 PM
Are mine OK?

Sorry, couldn't resist.  >:D

So thats how the Blackhawk community swings.. Good to know.

8)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Luis R. Ramos

UH-

Are they leather or Nomex?

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

NIN

Quote from: flyer333555 on June 11, 2013, 06:36:51 PM
UH-

Are they leather or Nomex?

Pleather with a Nomex & kevlar lining :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

UH60guy

Leather for safety, heels because that's how I roll. Though you gotta be extra careful around those "no step" areas.
Maj Ken Ward
VAWG Internal AEO