Main Menu

Legal name change?

Started by The CyBorg is destroyed, September 22, 2014, 05:28:01 AM

Simplex

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on September 28, 2014, 02:56:03 AM
I changed my CAPTalk name. Really, a simple process.

Really....I was thinking about doing that...what's involved?

Майор Хаткевич

Profile > Account Settings > Username > Name

Garibaldi

Choose carefully. I couldn't settle on one and Mike took that away from me, thinking I was a troll. I went through a bunch of names.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

MIKE

Prefer that you do not change your display name.  Note that it does not change your account/login name, and it also does not change the display name associated with previously quoted posts... which I find particularly annoying as a moderator.
Mike Johnston

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: MIKE on September 29, 2014, 02:03:08 PM
Prefer that you do not change your display name.  Note that it does not change your account/login name, and it also does not change the display name associated with previously quoted posts... which I find particularly annoying as a moderator.

If asked, I'll change it back. Otherwise, I just wanted to be more open about who I am. Those who wanted, already knew, but this also keeps me on a straight arrow in regards to my own posting. :)

Private Investigator

Quote from: Garibaldi on September 28, 2014, 02:21:05 AM
Omaiwaaaa!!! Bakayaro! Kimi wa nani mono da? Kite! Kite! Chuuri...

Just in case you did not get the memo.  http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=6599.0   ::)

Private Investigator

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on September 29, 2014, 02:21:53 PM

If asked, I'll change it back. Otherwise, I just wanted to be more open about who I am. Those who wanted, already knew, but this also keeps me on a straight arrow in regards to my own posting. :)

The downside to everyone knowing you, if you are on Wing Staff, is holding your tongue. Because you correct somebody here and the next thing you know the Commander of Petticoat Junction Squadron is calling the Wing King on you.   8)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Private Investigator on September 30, 2014, 01:06:57 AM

The downside to everyone knowing you, if you are on Wing Staff, is holding your tongue. Because you correct somebody here and the next thing you know the Commander of Petticoat Junction Squadron is calling the Wing King on you.   8)

The chances of me ever being at wing...about as high as the lack of caring I'll have about someone complaining about something put online.

Private Investigator

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on September 30, 2014, 01:08:21 AM

The chances of me ever being at wing...about as high as the lack of caring I'll have about someone complaining about something put online.

Famous last words. You become a Squadron Commander and do a professional job at it and next thing you know you will be Wing Staff because no one knows how to heard cats like you do   8)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Private Investigator on September 30, 2014, 01:22:09 AM

Famous last words. You become a Squadron Commander and do a professional job at it and next thing you know you will be Wing Staff because no one knows how to heard cats like you do   8)

But then...goes back to the initial position. If I get there in the prescribed manner, one would assume my word would stand over someone complaining because of captalk.

Al Sayre

+1 and you'd better never miss another meeting...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Майор Хаткевич

I'm 24. No one will be voluntolding me anywhere yet.

Garibaldi

Quote from: Private Investigator on September 30, 2014, 01:01:16 AM

Just in case you did not get the memo.  http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=6599.0   ::)

None of that was even remotely subversive. It's the little bit of Japanese I do know. And it makes no sense whatsoever. Just a few random phrases.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

AlphaSigOU

Ain't that the truth!

<-- current 'wing weenie" :D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Simplex

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on September 29, 2014, 03:22:07 AM
Profile > Account Settings > Username > Name

Thanks, appreciate the information.

Private Investigator

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on September 30, 2014, 01:50:33 AM

But then...goes back to the initial position. If I get there in the prescribed manner, one would assume my word would stand over someone complaining because of captalk.

Lets not assume  8)

Private Investigator

Quote from: Al Sayre on September 30, 2014, 02:00:55 AM

+1 and you'd better never miss another meeting...

Roger that  8)

Private Investigator

Quote from: Garibaldi on September 30, 2014, 01:41:05 PM
Quote from: Private Investigator on September 30, 2014, 01:01:16 AM

None of that was even remotely subversive. It's the little bit of Japanese I do know. And it makes no sense whatsoever. Just a few random phrases.

Sukoshi huh? In Japanese you can say "thank you" four different ways. The way I translated your statement I would be offended. Others might take it with a grain of salt, no pun intended.