Hunter Orange MOLLE Vest

Started by Samex, January 17, 2014, 06:20:34 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Thanks Roger.

Based on a few other comments earlier in the thread, I may not have been the only one to do so. ;)

Samex

My apologies to usafaux2004, I didn't mean to single you out. 

Regards

Roger Rondeau

On Duty Equipment Ltd - Duty Apparel

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Samex on September 11, 2014, 04:50:39 PM
My apologies to usafaux2004, I didn't mean to single you out. 

Regards

Roger Rondeau

None necessary. Just pointing out that day before and day after my first order someone said they had issues as well. I'm thinking they did what I did...went to the wrong website. Lol.

brent.teal

anyone field test this yet in brushy woods and or hot weather? 
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP
NER-PA-102 Deputy Commander, Communications officer, or whatever else needs doing.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: brent.teal on October 02, 2014, 07:29:11 PM
anyone field test this yet in brushy woods and or hot weather?

Field Tested? Yes. Brushy woods? No. Define Hot for September?

I've been delaying, but I plan to post pictures just like Panzerbjorn.

I'll post my review of the layout, and everything else. Probably a weekend project!

brent.teal

I was up at Hawk Mountain for navigation weekend, someone pointed out that the tactical vests worn by some cadets were hot and causing them to drink more water.  Now no one was wearing this vest.  Hence my question on if anone had worn it in the heat or in brushy conditions. 

I had quite a workout.  Found out I am not 18 anymore LOL, but had a great time.
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP
NER-PA-102 Deputy Commander, Communications officer, or whatever else needs doing.

Eclipse

Are you talking specifically about this vest?

A lot of cadets wear some ridiculous stuff, so it's no wonder they are hot.

"That Others May Zoom"

brent.teal

I don't think anyone at hawk had this vest.  It was something one of the staff cadets pointed out in general.  I am curious if anyone has warn the vest in the field in warmer temperatures. 
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: brent.teal on October 10, 2014, 12:27:41 AM
I don't think anyone at hawk had this vest.  It was something one of the staff cadets pointed out in general.  I am curious if anyone has warn the vest in the field in warmer temperatures.

YMMV, but just wearing BDUs in the summer can be a beater. I'm sure this vest isn't "breathing" much between all the stuff on it. But that's what makes it durable.

Eclipse

Quote from: brent.teal on October 10, 2014, 12:27:41 AM

I guess the followup would be "What do they suggest as an alternative?"

As mentioned above, the majority of the issue is going to be the BDU, which as we point out ad nauseum is
ill-suited to most CAP operations, especially if it's the wrong weight for summer (see that a lot),
but my comments about plate carriers and air soft stuff aside, you have to carry the gear in something,
hot or not.

I'd hazard all or most or SER and SWR is hotter then PA.

"That Others May Zoom"

sardak

QuoteI'd hazard all or most of SER and SWR is hotter then PA.
SER - But it's not the heat, it's the humidity.  SWR - But it's a dry heat.    Of course, SWR stretches into both climate zones.

Mike

a2capt

..and PCR, where it can be all seasons, pretty much any time of year.

brent.teal

I know about texas heat, but I have not lived there for 14 years.  I am now adapted to pa's milder climate.  At least its milder during the summer :).
Brent Teal, Captain. CAP

Samex

Hello Everyone, Here is a sneak peak at some new products that are in production stage and will be available shortly.  We have a back MOLLE pouch that attaches across the bottom back of our vests, a tear away MOLLE medical pouch, and  an orange boonie hat.  Although the pictures have different shade of orange, the fabric used is the same as the vest so you get an exact match.

]

Roger Rondeau

Storm Chaser

I like that back pouch. How much will it cost and when will it be available?

68w20

Quote from: Storm Chaser on November 02, 2014, 08:55:32 PM

I have one of those in black, and it's perfect for CAP SAR.  It can easily fit a 24-hour kit (minus food and water).

Storm Chaser

Quote from: 68w20 on November 03, 2014, 05:13:58 AM

I have one of those in black, and it's perfect for CAP SAR.  It can easily fit a 24-hour kit (minus food and water).

Is it comfortable to wear with the MOLLE vest? Thanks.

68w20

Quote from: Storm Chaser on November 03, 2014, 06:14:22 AM
Quote from: 68w20 on November 03, 2014, 05:13:58 AM

Is it comfortable to wear with the MOLLE vest? Thanks.

I have the vest but haven't been able to play with it.  I've carried it comfortably on a pistol belt/attached to a camelback for a few years, though.

Samex

We should have the new pouches in stock mid-January.  The breakaway medical pouch will be $29.95 and the back pouch will be $49.95. 

Roger Rondeau

Samex

Hello Everyone,

We are offering a great deal on our vests for a limited time.  For 10 days starting from today, CAP members get 40% off our hi vis reflective vests.  This discount only applies to the vests with reflective striping.  The discount does not apply to any of the pouches or any other Duty Apparel products.

To get the discount, access our website www.dutyapparel.com and enter discount code WTT4SDDIA2G0 at check out.  Again this is for a limited time only.  Offer expires November 29th 2014.

Roger Rondeau