Main Menu

SMVs Revoked?

Started by ColonelJack, May 08, 2008, 11:09:30 PM

ColonelJack

I am not at all sure if this is an appropriate topic, but ...

I understand from some sources that the Silver Medals of Valor awarded to Colonels Parker and Levitch and he who shall not be named have been revoked by NHQ.  True or false? 

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

cnitas

Why would they be revoked?

That would require that the story be false, and then I would imagine that all involved would be looking at a serious problem.
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

JohnKachenmeister

The source of the rumour is News of the Force.  Take it for what its worth.  Even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut.
Another former CAP officer

mikeylikey

^ News of the Force (no matter how much we hate the author) only compiles information from different sources.  He never invented anything, and I think the guys credibility actually increased when he broke the whole TP thing and was 100 percent spot on. 

Don't be a hater. 
What's up monkeys?

isuhawkeye

^^^ Wow

you have apparently never been on the bad side of CAP's muck rakers

mikeylikey

Quote from: isuhawkeye on May 09, 2008, 12:39:07 PM
^^^ Wow

you have apparently never been on the bad side of Cap's muck rakers

It is called being conscious of your surroundings, and walking away from situations that may blow up in your face.  More people should try that. 

Plus, I only spread the crap around, I never start it.  I am a terd, but am trying to be a better terd.   ;D 
What's up monkeys?

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 09, 2008, 12:44:00 PM
Quote from: isuhawkeye on May 09, 2008, 12:39:07 PM
^^^ Wow

you have apparently never been on the bad side of Cap's muck rakers

It is called being conscious of your surroundings, and walking away from situations that may blow up in your face.  More people should try that. 

Plus, I only spread the crap around, I never start it.  I am a terd, but am trying to be a better terd.   ;D 

sometimes you are so embedded in a situation that you just cannot walk away.

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 09, 2008, 12:36:12 PM
^ News of the Force (no matter how much we hate the author) only compiles information from different sources.  He never invented anything, and I think the guys credibility actually increased when he broke the whole TP thing and was 100 percent spot on. 

Don't be a hater. 

I'm not a hater.

I said... "Even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut."  That means that among the several sources that they use, once in a while they are able to find an actual fact.  The SMV issue may or may not be an actual fact.

I'm here in FL where all these guys are, and I have a direct hotline connection to Florida Rumour Control.  That line has not lit up yet.
Another former CAP officer

mikeylikey

^ I didn't mean to direct my comments specifically at you Major.  Sorry, I was getting them out there before others jumped on the "its NOTF, so it can't be credible" slant.

What's up monkeys?

Larry Mangum

Having been on the receiving end of the abuse that some of these so called sources of news and action heap on people, I take everything I read from NOTF or CAP Insights with a huge dose of skepticism. NOTF seems to be a little better, but I still remain doubtful.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

wingnut

I repeat

of those whom names we may not speak

how can you go from a Captain to Colonel in 3 years??, will I respect the rank? NOOO, do we get respect from the Military for doing that? NOOOOO

Are we really 60% Bling and 40% Action? ??? >:D

BillB

Real easy to go from Captain to Colonel in 3 years. CLtCol Levitch hald Earhart when he turned Senior in the late 1970's. That got im his 1 Lt and he promoted to Captain after 2 years. Then he dropped from the program and came back in as a SM until he got the Captain grade back. Since he had time in grade for Major, there was no problem. When apointed Wing Commander he got to be Colonel skipping LtCol as a Corporate Officer as provided in the CAP Constitution and Bylaws.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

CadetProgramGuy

I almost got SM to Col is 6 years......

Joined 2002, got special promotion to 1Lt for Instrument rating, did TIG to Capt (now) applied  for Wing King in 2008.  Coulda had Col......

capchiro

Two items, one, I would think that the revocation of the SMV would be of public record and that CAP National would not hide the fact if so inquired, two, I am disappointed if Levitch held the Earhart and didn't learn any better integrity, honor, and morals from his experience with the cadet program. 
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

Maj Ballard

My understanding was that Col Levitch got Major by virtue of being Group 11 commander at the time. I may be wrong though.
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

mikeylikey

Who is Colonel Levitch, I must have missed the scandal he was involved with. 
What's up monkeys?

CadetProgramGuy

Very long story short, Levitch was one of the Original GOB Club, he and Not named got a Lifesavers Medal for directing traffic in a car crash.

Its on hayden's website.

mikeylikey

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on May 09, 2008, 07:47:33 PM
Its on hayden's website.

Linky please?  If not wanting to post in public....PM??
What's up monkeys?

James Shaw

OK Folks, I have been sent emails by 3 seperate people who say they got my email address from CAPTalk and want my opinion on the whole SMV revoked issue. So I hope they see this response so they wont send me anymore.

I do have my private opinions about this whole situation and they are private. I do not feel that it is appropriate for me as a recipient of the SMV to comment on someone elses validity or truthfullness about their award whether they are active or former members of this great organization. I also feel that as a member of National Staff I should keep my feelings to myself.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

SJFedor

Quote from: caphistorian on May 09, 2008, 08:57:13 PM
OK Folks, I have been sent emails by 3 seperate people who say they got my email address from CAPTalk and want my opinion on the whole SMV revoked issue. So I hope they see this response so they wont send me anymore.

I do have my private opinions about this whole situation and they are private. I do not feel that it is appropriate for me as a recipient of the SMV to comment on someone elses validity or truthfullness about their award whether they are active or former members of this great organization. I also feel that as a member of National Staff I should keep my feelings to myself.

Haha. I'm sorry, that just kinda made me giggle how you were like "My opinion is....I don't wish to broadcast my opinion."

You're a good man.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)