Main Menu

New uniform

Started by lt_viper82, May 11, 2012, 05:03:45 AM

lt_viper82

I heard that we will be changing uniforms again can anybody tell me when and wear to buy new ones.

lordmonar

No where....because no one offical has said anything.

Wait....it will not happen till after this summer at the earliest.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Abby.L

Welcome to CAPTALK. Here, you will learn not to ask about new possible uniforms, as everything about it will be dissected, or otherwise discussed. You will find many threads regarding uniforms, and the gist of them all is that of we just have to wait until official word is presented.

Again, welcome. Best save any threads like this for later.  8)
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

SarDragon

Quote from: Levilockling on May 11, 2012, 06:49:00 AM
Welcome to CAPTALK. Here, you will learn not to ask about new possible uniforms, as everything about it will be dissected, or otherwise discussed. You will find many threads regarding uniforms, and the gist of them all is that of we just have to wait until official word is presented.

Yeah. Like until you have grandchildren.   >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Cliff_Chambliss

Quote from: SarDragon on May 11, 2012, 07:10:59 AM
Quote from: Levilockling on May 11, 2012, 06:49:00 AM

Yeah. Like until you have grandchildren.   >:D
But I now have 13 grandchildren and I'm STILL WAITING.
11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

ammotrucker

But I now have 13 grandchildren and I'm STILL WAITING.[/quote]
+1
RG Little, Capt

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: lordmonar on May 11, 2012, 05:09:07 AM

If then, and then I strongly doubt we'll have "new" uniforms...just extremely minor tweaking of the existing uniforms (like changing the colour of the blazer from blue to grey >:D).
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Angus

Quote from: CyBorg on May 11, 2012, 02:43:28 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on May 11, 2012, 05:09:07 AM

If then, and then I strongly doubt we'll have "new" uniforms...just extremely minor tweaking of the existing uniforms (like changing the colour of the blazer from blue to grey >:D).

God I hope we don't get a tweak like that.  I wouldn't mind seeing a tweak like changing the name tapes to something like a darker blue that would match the BBDU's.  It would look sharp with BDU's till we wear those into the grave and eventually something like an ABU if we were to ever adopt that.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Flint on May 11, 2012, 03:42:37 PM
God I hope we don't get a tweak like that.  I wouldn't mind seeing a tweak like changing the name tapes to something like a darker blue that would match the BBDU's.  It would look sharp with BDU's till we wear those into the grave and eventually something like an ABU if we were to ever adopt that.

I agree with you about the BBDU darker nametapes.

However, I don't think we'll ever see ABU's.  The Air Force does not want us to look too much like them, though they have no problem with JROTC doing so.  Also, the "we gotta look distinctive!" crowd would be most unhappy with it.  I think that once BDU's are finally exhausted, it'll be BBDU's across the board.

I was being partially tongue-in-cheek about the grey blazer, but given NHQ's love affair with that non-colour, you never know... >:D
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Angus

Quote from: CyBorg on May 11, 2012, 04:02:15 PM
Quote from: Flint on May 11, 2012, 03:42:37 PM

I agree with you about the BBDU darker nametapes.

However, I don't think we'll ever see ABU's.  The Air Force does not want us to look too much like them, though they have no problem with JROTC doing so.  Also, the "we gotta look distinctive!" crowd would be most unhappy with it.  I think that once BDU's are finally exhausted, it'll be BBDU's across the board.

I was being partially tongue-in-cheek about the grey blazer, but given NHQ's love affair with that non-colour, you never know... >:D

I think we'll eventually adopt the ABU.  But I'm in the camp that we won't get it for at least another 3 years or so.  WIth the way uniform changes have been coming (till the moritorium) I fiugre it will go something like this.  (Now this is best case scenario mind you)  At this summer's National Boards it will be brought up, MA Blue will give the ok to start developing a look so we're "distinctvie" from them.  After that it will take the rest of the time to develop something that Ma Blue and we can both live with. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

MIKE

The ABU will be phased out before CAP ever gets it.
Mike Johnston

av8tr1

I don't usually post in these topics but I can solve this for everyone.  My BDUs are getting pretty old.  Still (very proudly) wearing my issued BDU pants from 20+ years ago.  So I think I will go buy a new set or two.  The moment the time available to return them expires we will get new uniform regulations to something other than BDUs.  I'd put money on it. 

Persona non grata

Rumor has it that we will be getting the CAPCU ::)  or surplus WW 1 wool army uniforms that they found in the basement at FT. KNOX
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Nathan

I don't want any new uniforms. The ones we have work just fine, and there are plenty of them.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

Camas

I would hope that, after the CSU fiasco, we'd learn. If CAP ever comes out with another new uniform (heaven forbid!) I would hope that members stay far away from it.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Camas on May 11, 2012, 07:08:13 PM
I would hope that, after the CSU fiasco, we'd learn. If CAP ever comes out with another new uniform (heaven forbid!) I would hope that members stay far away from it.

Unless it's grey.

I would wager that the CSU could be reissued in grey cloth and it would be perfectly fine.

I don't believe we'll ever see the ABU.

Actually, I don't believe we'll ever see any change from the status quo.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

MSG Mac

The moratorium ondiscussing  uniform issues ends at this summer's National Board meeting.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

NCRblues

I also believe that Elvis did not die, he just went home...

oh wait...is this not the place to make wild guesses in the dark?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

manfredvonrichthofen

I can't believe people like radioman and the rest of the gray brigade are so against the ABU. They love gray and the ABU is gray, the BBDU is blue, hence Blue BDU.

caphornbuckle

This discussion came up when we were authorized BDU's back in the early 90's.  If anyone remembers, the Air Force was in BDU's MANY YEARS before CAP was (early mid 80's, I think).  Just give it some time.  There will probably be some changes in the next 5 or so years.
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

PA Guy

Quote from: CyBorg on May 11, 2012, 04:02:15 PM

The Air Force does not want us to look too much like them, though they have no problem with JROTC doing so. 

AFJROTC doesn't have the extra added attraction of thousands of senior members who are the biggest offenders in uniform wear and are adults, at least from a chronologic point of view.  Like AFJROTC I don't think the AF would have a problem with cadets wearing ABUs assuming they have a problem at all.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: PA Guy on May 11, 2012, 10:45:03 PM
AFJROTC doesn't have the extra added attraction of thousands of senior members who are the biggest offenders in uniform wear and are adults, at least from a chronologic point of view.  Like AFJROTC I don't think the AF would have a problem with cadets wearing ABUs assuming they have a problem at all.

That's quite a broad brush you paint with.  Thousands are uniform offenders?

And that's just it...we don't know what, if any, problems the AF has with us.  We only have rumour, hearsay and conjecture.  The last time I recall the AF directly saying it had a problem with us uniform-wise is when we got the berry boards...and we've been carrying the water for that ever since.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on May 11, 2012, 10:10:58 PM
I can't believe people like radioman and the rest of the gray brigade are so against the ABU. They love gray and the ABU is gray, the BBDU is blue, hence Blue BDU.

But the ABU is not solid grey; furthermore, it is an adaptation of a military uniform, which is what I believe the "grey brigade" are against.  The same goes for the BBDU, with the somewhat-exception of the Coast Guard's ODU.

We have no right (except for cadets) in some of that lot's eyes to be wearing an adapted military uniform, and the only way to achieve "distinctiveness" is have everything grey and as "demilitarised" as possible.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: CyBorg on May 11, 2012, 11:23:47 PM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on May 11, 2012, 10:10:58 PM

But the ABU is not solid grey; furthermore, it is an adaptation of a military uniform, which is what I believe the "grey brigade" are against.  The same goes for the BBDU, with the somewhat-exception of the Coast Guard's ODU.

We have no right (except for cadets) in some of that lot's eyes to be wearing an adapted military uniform, and the only way to achieve "distinctiveness" is have everything grey and as "demilitarised" as possible.

Insert airplane sound with your hand flying past your head here.

AngelWings

We have the hugest communication problem over the simplest of topics. I don't get it at all.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: CyBorg on May 11, 2012, 11:20:57 PM

And that's just it...we don't know what, if any, problems the AF has with us.  We only have rumour, hearsay and conjecture.  The last time I recall the AF directly saying it had a problem with us uniform-wise is when we got the berry boards...and we've been carrying the water for that ever since.
Sir there are 34k SMs. I bet you at least 3-4k are uniform offenders. Thus thousands
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

PA Guy

Quote from: CyBorg on May 11, 2012, 11:20:57 PM

That's not what I said but since you brought it up, as of 30 Apr '12 there were 34,693 senior members in CAP.  My WAG is that at least 10%, and I think that is conservative, are uniform offenders so, yes thousands.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: PA Guy on May 12, 2012, 12:57:26 AM
That's not what I said but since you brought it up, as of 30 Apr '12 there were 34,693 senior members in CAP.  My WAG is that at least 10%, and I think that is conservative, are uniform offenders so, yes thousands.

As long as it's a WAG, because there's no quantifiable way to substantiate it. :P
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

AngelWings

This seems like a good photo to use in this situation.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Brad

This distinctive enough? Just replace the Galactic Empire cog with The Triangle Thingy and NHQ and the rest would be happy ;)  (Just got my 501st Legion uniform approved the other day, couldn't resist sharing)

Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

The CyBorg is destroyed

It looks too "military."^^^
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

PHall

Quote from: CyBorg on May 13, 2012, 03:24:06 PM
It looks too "military."^^^

It makes you look like a wannabe. You can't wear it because someone could mistake you for a real Imperial Storm Trooper.
Can't have that happening! >:D

abdsp51

For the longest time AFJROTC couldn't wear BDUs at all, and many schools were cancelling the program because it was too military.

Nikos

I would really like to see the uniforms made out of something like Indura Ultra Soft for safety reasons.

PHall

Quote from: Nikos on May 13, 2012, 05:44:54 PM
I would really like to see the uniforms made out of something like Indura Ultra Soft for safety reasons.

No, that would make them a safety hazard because it would be too easy to fall asleep while wearing them! >:D

SARDOC

Quote from: PHall on May 13, 2012, 07:11:15 PM
Quote from: Nikos on May 13, 2012, 05:44:54 PM

No, that would make them a safety hazard because it would be too easy to fall asleep while wearing them! >:D

Nah..Not a Safety Hazard...As long as it's an Air Force uniform.  Sleeping comfortably seems to be a talking point for recruiters.   ;D

Sgt. Fischer

do you mean ADU's? Well, than, no. I talked to  Col. Taylor (She's from AZ wing) And she informed me that we are not getting the new uniforms.  :(

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Brad

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 14, 2012, 05:04:28 PM
do you mean ADU's? Well, than, no. I talked to  Col. Taylor (She's from AZ wing) And she informed me that we are not getting the new uniforms.  :(

Ask all 52 Wing Commanders and I guarantee you you will get 52 different answers. Nothing is known for sure right now, one way or another. Wait and see what CAP-USAF and NHQ say, those are the only official sources.

Also there is no such creature as the "ADU". It's ABU - Airman Battle Uniform. This constant misnomer of terms simply shows how pitiful the rumor mill in CAP can be at times.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

EMT-83

Quote from: Brad on May 14, 2012, 06:19:44 PM... Ask all 52 Wing Commanders and I guarantee you you will get 52 different answers. ...

Actually, you should receive the same answer. In fact, any CAP member should be able to provide the very same information.

The uniform committee will make its recommendation to the National Board. In due time, they will decide on any changes.

Despite all the wasted bandwidth and teeth gnashing on the subject, it's that simple.

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Brad on May 14, 2012, 06:19:44 PM

Ask all 52 Wing Commanders and I guarantee you you will get 52 different answers. Nothing is known for sure right now, one way or another. Wait and see what CAP-USAF and NHQ say, those are the only official sources.

Also there is no such creature as the "ADU". It's ABU - Airman Battle Uniform. This constant misnomer of terms simply shows how pitiful the rumor mill in CAP can be at times.

Airman Battle Uniform? I heard it was: Alternate Dress Uniform.....  ???

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

SarDragon

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 14, 2012, 11:14:10 PM

No such animal in CAP. Apparently, someone has assigned their own name to some, as yet undetermined, uniform combination. If it isn't in CAPM 39-1, or one of the ICLs, it just doesn't exist as an official CAP uniform.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Private Investigator

Can we call it CAPU? Civil Air Patrol Uniform   ;)

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Private Investigator on May 15, 2012, 02:28:13 AM
Can we call it CAPU? Civil Air Patrol Uniform   ;)

Good idea....  :clap: :P

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: SarDragon on May 14, 2012, 11:53:48 PM
Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 14, 2012, 11:14:10 PM

No such animal in CAP. Apparently, someone has assigned their own name to some, as yet undetermined, uniform combination. If it isn't in CAPM 39-1, or one of the ICLs, it just doesn't exist as an official CAP uniform.

I just talked to my Brother, (He's a 2nd Lt.) And he said they might be called: ACU's.  :o He said that stood for: Alternate Combat Uniform... He said there's no such thing as: Airman Battle Uniform, because that type of uniform isn't only for the Air-force....

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Eclipse

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 15, 2012, 02:17:11 PMI just talked to my Brother, (He's a 2nd Lt.) And he said they might be called: ACU's.  He said that stood for: Alternate Combat Uniform... He said there's no such thing as: Airman Battle Uniform, because that type of uniform isn't only for the Air-force....

ACU = Army Combat Uniform.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Combat_Uniform

ABU = Airman Battle Uniform.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airman_Battle_Uniform

"That Others May Zoom"

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Eclipse on May 15, 2012, 02:21:48 PM
Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 15, 2012, 02:17:11 PMI just talked to my Brother, (He's a 2nd Lt.) And he said they might be called: ACU's.  He said that stood for: Alternate Combat Uniform... He said there's no such thing as: Airman Battle Uniform, because that type of uniform isn't only for the Air-force....

ACU = Army Combat Uniform.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Combat_Uniform

ABU = Airman Battle Uniform.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airman_Battle_Uniform

Ohhhhh.... I see...

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Sapper168

Maybe he was talking about the OCP uniform- Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern uniform also known as multicam.  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/MultiCam-trans.jpg
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

FlyTiger77

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 15, 2012, 02:44:41 PM
Ohhhhh.... I see...

And the boonie hat really was one of the few highlights of being deployed. The ACU boonie hat is not typically authorized in CONUS.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

RogueLeader

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on May 15, 2012, 06:34:33 PM
Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 15, 2012, 02:44:41 PM
Ohhhhh.... I see...

And the boonie hat really was one of the few highlights of being deployed. The ACU boonie hat is not typically authorized in CONUS.

We were never allowed boonies in the boonies. Not counting overseas.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on May 15, 2012, 04:05:56 PM
Maybe he was talking about the OCP uniform- Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern uniform also known as multicam.  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/MultiCam-trans.jpg

Yeah.. I think that was it.

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

SARDOC

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on May 15, 2012, 04:05:56 PM

I love the boots.  They look like work boots you can buy at walmart.

SARDOC

Sgt. Fischer

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Abby.L

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 16, 2012, 01:43:18 PM
Quote from: SARDOC on May 16, 2012, 12:56:53 PM
I think the NWU Type III is by far the best.  Only if they didnt incorporate the Anchor and Eagle into the pattern

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=909&authuser=0&tbm=isch&tbnid=eAqa0XscRHncvM:&imgrefurl=http://www.militarytrader.com

Whoa! That's pretty cool!

You know what else?

CAP ain't getting any of these.  :o
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Levilockling on May 16, 2012, 08:24:50 PM
I think the NWU Type III is by far the best.  Only if they didnt incorporate the Anchor and Eagle into the pattern

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=909&authuser=0&tbm=isch&tbnid=eAqa0XscRHncvM:&imgrefurl=http://www.militarytrader.com

You know what else?

Darn... That would be pretty awesome if we did!  8)

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

SarDragon

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 16, 2012, 09:49:04 PM

You know what else?

Darn... That would be pretty awesome if we did!  8)

Whyzat? They have Navy written all over them, and bear little, if any, resemblance to any AF uniform currently or formerly in use. If you think there's a recognition problem now, you ain't see nuttin' yet!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Sapper168

You know what else?

Did i miss something? I didnt see a message, email, ICL, or any other communication stating this.  The only official word so far i have seen is that there will be no uniform changes until they are all reviewed at summer board in August.  You can see it here...   https://www.capnhq.gov/news/news28Dec11.htm

Reads to me like its pretty open after that. We won't know till then.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Persona non grata

I heard from a trucker at a truck stop while passing through Fargo ND that we will be getting maroon and grey digtial BDU'S with the Prop thingy on the pocket.  With red boots so we dont look to military ;D

Abby.L

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on May 17, 2012, 03:23:51 PM

You know what else?

Did i miss something? I didnt see a message, email, ICL, or any other communication stating this.  The only official word so far i have seen is that there will be no uniform changes until they are all reviewed at summer board in August.  You can see it here...   https://www.capnhq.gov/news/news28Dec11.htm

Reads to me like its pretty open after that. We won't know till then.

Well, okay. We won't get any of these in the forseeable future. If you really want to read into my comment in such a way, then go for it.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Persona non grata

A whle back some one posted a pic of a possible CAP  utlity uniform in OD green in a ACU pattren, pretty nice looking and practical.

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: eaker.cadet on May 17, 2012, 03:31:44 PM
I heard from a trucker at a truck stop while passing through Fargo ND that we will be getting maroon and grey digtial BDU'S with the Prop thingy on the pocket.  With red boots so we dont look to military ;D

What? That doesn't make any sense!

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

FlyTiger77

Quote from: eaker.cadet on May 17, 2012, 03:31:44 PM

And an ANSI orange boonie cap (for Safety!). (I met the same trucker near Sante Fe, NM)
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

bflynn

Can't be too safe, especially in the woods around here.

Hey Daryll, lookie over there...I'd swear that deer is wearing camoflauge...and I think he's carrying a big TV antennae.

Quick Daryll, shoot him 'so we can watch the Dukes of Hazzard....

Eagle

Quote from: bflynn on May 17, 2012, 06:49:12 PM
Can't be too safe, especially in the woods around here.

Hey Daryll, lookie over there...I'd swear that deer is wearing camoflauge...and I think he's carrying a big TV antennae.

Quick Daryll, shoot him 'so we can watch the Dukes of Hazzard....

+1

I think I know these people   ;D
C/2dLt Thomas Bracker
Pell City Composite Squadron
Alpha Flight Commander