BDU.com (Propper) BBDU

Started by Spaceman3750, March 09, 2011, 03:33:14 PM

SoCalMarine

Quote from: Eclipse on June 16, 2011, 05:18:49 AM
The senior semi-formal is the blue blazer with a dress shirt, bow tie, no nameplate, and your highest medal, it actually looks pretty sharp.

OK, I've seen that, but I gotta tell ya I am NOT a fan of bow ties! When I joined the GA Guard I got the ASUs rather than the Greens so when I went to that type of event I could wear a tie rather than the bow tie! That, and they are phasing out the Greens anyway.

Майор Хаткевич

So...my stuff is actually Genuine Gear. I think it's just WAY too dark:

SarDragon

Without taking any external factors into account, the stuff in your pic appears uniformly lighter than my several times washed, 6 yo set.

What was your lighting - indoor, outside, or flash. I'll take a pic of mine and post for a comparison.

Direct Sun

Outdoors in Shade

Flash Indoors

The biggest difference I see, aside from the cat hair, is that yours are a redder blue than mine. Darkness is relative, depending on the lighting, but I still say yours are lighter.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

Indoor, under a kitchen light, with flash. Dark outside.

SarDragon

Given your response prior to my edit, use the third pic for comparison.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on June 17, 2011, 01:57:11 AMDarkness is relative, depending on the lighting...

That is so deep I fell in!

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on June 17, 2011, 01:50:43 AM

Genuine gear is their generic line, and in that pic I'd agree they look like the wrong color.
Everything I have bought from there is Propper, and unmistakably the correct color with no
mistake for black.

Also, "LAPD Blue", is, for all intents and purposes, black, so if that is what you bought, that would explain it.
Propper Navy Blue should be fine.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

I've decided to partake in CAP this summer, so I'll need a field uniform "just in case". Guess I'll order another set *never hurts* of the Navy Blue, and then compare what I got the first time, as I don't remember anymore!

cap235629

Quote from: Eclipse on June 17, 2011, 02:57:36 AM
Quote from: USAFaux2004 on June 17, 2011, 01:50:43 AM

Genuine gear is their generic line, and in that pic I'd agree they look like the wrong color.
Everything I have bought from there is Propper, and unmistakably the correct color with no
mistake for black.

Also, "LAPD Blue", is, for all intents and purposes, black, so if that is what you bought, that would explain it.
Propper Navy Blue should be fine.

The Genuine Gear comes in Dark Navy, LAPD Blue and Black.  I ordered Dark Navy and they are the same shade as his.  I took them to the uniform shop for emblem application today and laid them next to a black set and you can definitely tell they are blue in comparison. however they are VERY DARK!

But as the reg says Blue, and we all know that Blue is a broad spectrum as is grey, I am not going to worry about it....
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

SarDragon

IMHO, that still isn't really Dark Navy. But that's just an olde sailor talking.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SoCalMarine

I say you guys just buy the LAPD Blue and become Civil Air Patrol Security Forces!