Jackets worn with the CAP distinctive uniform

Started by Grumpy, February 27, 2011, 08:50:14 PM

BradM

Quote from: SarDragon on March 01, 2011, 03:08:01 AM
Quote from: RVT on March 01, 2011, 02:01:56 AM
Quote from: CyBorg on February 28, 2011, 11:44:54 PMIf you wear the Navy black windbreaker sans insignia, it is indistinguishable from a civilian outergarment WRT 39-1, so, yes, you could wear it in that mode. Unless cooler heads prevail, the CSU is gone as of 1 January 2012.  Due to that, I would not be surprised to see motions to make the black windbreaker/pullover sweater part of the G/W uniform.
All they have to do is allow the slide on rank to be used.  With no insignia these are already ok.

There are two black Navy jackets. The "windbreaker" has a pointed collar and button cuffs, and does NOT have epaulets. This jacket is for wear by E-6 and below.

The "relax fit" jacket has a stand-up knit collar and knit cuffs and bottom, and epaulets, and is primarily for officers and CPOs. It may be optionally worn by E-6 and below with the new Service Uniform.

So, which one are we talking about here/ The mix in terminology is confusing the discussion.

The photo I posted on page 1 was for the "relax fit" jacket which has a stand-up knit collar and knit cuffs and bottom, and epaulets, and is primarily for officers and CPOs.
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: MIKE on March 01, 2011, 10:01:31 PM
The RAF GPJ is far too similar to the lightweight blue jacket.  I have both, and I challenge you to tell the difference at a comfortable distance.  Sportsman's Guide sells them on occasion, that's how I got mine.

Really, Mike?  I used to have a New Zealand issue version of it (RAF and RNZAF uniforms are nearly identical in cut/colour).  It was a lot more grey than anything from the USAF, except for maybe '50s issue.

The RAAF "midnight blue" is much closer to our AF blue, though of course the cut is still British.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

researchdoc

Public Affairs Officer NC-022
22nd v2.0 Podcast:  http://burlcapcast.net.tf
NC-022 Website:  http://doubledeuces.org

MIKE

Quote from: CyBorg on March 01, 2011, 11:40:25 PM
Quote from: MIKE on March 01, 2011, 10:01:31 PM
The RAF GPJ is far too similar to the lightweight blue jacket.  I have both, and I challenge you to tell the difference at a comfortable distance.  Sportsman's Guide sells them on occasion, that's how I got mine.

Really, Mike?  I used to have a New Zealand issue version of it (RAF and RNZAF uniforms are nearly identical in cut/colour).  It was a lot more grey than anything from the USAF, except for maybe '50s issue.

The only gray on my GPJ is the cat fur.  It's dark blue.
Mike Johnston