Main Menu

BDU Can o' Worms

Started by Sapper168, February 11, 2011, 08:20:17 PM

RiverAux

Quote from: CyBorg on June 23, 2011, 09:15:11 PM
My argument is that the AF doesn't have carte blanche of every shade of blue, or of every blue clothing item made...only THEIRS.
You are right that they don't have control over every shade of blue, but they have exactly as much control over what uniforms that CAP wears as they want to exert.  They have generally let us go our own way with corporate uniforms, but that is their choice.

All they would have to do is to say:  "Only X and Y uniforms will be worn on AFAMs.  You can wear what you want any other time, but when you're on our dime you're going to wear exactly what we say you'll wear."  Sure, this would leave open the possibility of other uniforms being worn on non-AF time, but from a practical point of view very few people are going to buy uniforms that they can only wear at CAP meetings or during certain activities.  They'll buy what can be worn in the widest variety of situations. 

And, I imagine that there are other legal ways that they could exert such influence if they wanted to. 

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: RiverAux on June 23, 2011, 09:24:49 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on June 23, 2011, 09:15:11 PM
My argument is that the AF doesn't have carte blanche of every shade of blue, or of every blue clothing item made...only THEIRS.
You are right that they don't have control over every shade of blue, but they have exactly as much control over what uniforms that CAP wears as they want to exert.  They have generally let us go our own way with corporate uniforms, but that is their choice.

All they would have to do is to say:  "Only X and Y uniforms will be worn on AFAMs.  You can wear what you want any other time, but when you're on our dime you're going to wear exactly what we say you'll wear."  Sure, this would leave open the possibility of other uniforms being worn on non-AF time, but from a practical point of view very few people are going to buy uniforms that they can only wear at CAP meetings or during certain activities.  They'll buy what can be worn in the widest variety of situations. 

And, I imagine that there are other legal ways that they could exert such influence if they wanted to.
I've never heard of the USAF during any evaluation or mission specifying which uniform a CAP member will.  Mission base and even flying can be done in golf shirts with grey pants (In fact my understanding is golf shirt/grey pants are now the norm at one Wing's mission base(s) :clap:).  Surely if someone is going to go into the woods they should have a long sleeve type uniform and boots).  The AF is interested that CAP perform the assigned mission(s) successfully, whether we are even wearing pink jump suits is not relevant ::)
RM

RiverAux

I didn't say that they had tried to exert such influence, just that they could. 

Eclipse

Quote from: RiverAux on June 23, 2011, 09:54:21 PM

Not until they start issuing uniforms...

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

Quote from: Eclipse on June 23, 2011, 10:12:31 PM
Quote from: RiverAux on June 23, 2011, 09:54:21 PM

Not until they start issuing uniforms...
Huh?  By this logic the AF can't control members wear of AF-style uniforms since they don't issue them to us. 

The AF has all the leverage, both formal and informal, that they need to make CAP wear whatever they want.  They just have chosen to (mostly) let CAP do what it wants with corporate uniforms.  But, that doesn't mean that it will always be that way.