Trying to find information on CAP Squadron (Tew-Mac) in Massachusetts

Started by pepper3, January 14, 2010, 05:29:43 PM

pepper3

I am trying to find out what happened to the old Tew-Mac Composite Squadron, in Tewksbury, Massachusetts. I know the airport that they had been located on for 50+ years closed down and was sold for condo's and homes.

I'm trying to find out where they ended up going after that and who would have any contact information on what happened to all the squadron items when they closed down. I'm looking for info on all the squadron award displays, unit flags, etc.. Some of the items have sentimental value and was donated by myself and my family and I would like to get them back, rather then have them sit in someones basement or garage.

Thanks for any help.
Frank R. Martell, III, 1st Lt. CAP
Tew-Mac Composite Squadron, 19012
1975 – 1990, Retired

Angus

Pepper allow me to look into this for you.  I'm currently the MAWG Historian, when I took over I didn't receive anything from the old Tew-mac Squadron, but I'll ask around for you. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Cobra1597

Tew-Mac was sort of our "sister squadron" when I was a cadet. After the airport closed, they were meeting in a church for awhile, IIRC. No idea what happened to any items once they disbanded, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone at MAWG HQ still has contact information for Jim Scott, their last commander.
Harrison Ingraham, Capt, CAP
MAWG External Aerospace Education Officer, ADY
Spaatz #1597