The drama's over...it's time to move on

Started by Nick Critelli, August 09, 2007, 12:46:42 AM

Slim

Quote from: Skyray on August 14, 2007, 03:22:31 AM
Quote from: mikeylikey on August 14, 2007, 02:46:18 AM
^ How can a motion fail, then all of a sudden pass?  I have noticed alot of TP items that failed seem to pass after he chimed in and brought it back to the floor.  I think the Vice should keep the star by the way!

The National Vice's motion to amend the motion so that it did not apply to her failed, and the Board pretty unanimously told her that they wanted it to apply to her by not seconding her motion to amend.  Then the motion itself was passed.  She keeps her star, no matter what happens.
Knowing BG Courter personally, that's exactly what she intended.  She couldn't support a motion that would benefit her.  Fortunately, the board thought otherwise

Slim

JC004

Quote from: Slim on August 14, 2007, 03:51:55 AM
Quote from: Skyray on August 14, 2007, 03:22:31 AM
Quote from: mikeylikey on August 14, 2007, 02:46:18 AM
^ How can a motion fail, then all of a sudden pass?  I have noticed alot of TP items that failed seem to pass after he chimed in and brought it back to the floor.  I think the Vice should keep the star by the way!

The National Vice's motion to amend the motion so that it did not apply to her failed, and the Board pretty unanimously told her that they wanted it to apply to her by not seconding her motion to amend.  Then the motion itself was passed.  She keeps her star, no matter what happens.

Knowing BG Courter personally, that's exactly what she intended.  She couldn't support a motion that would benefit her.  Fortunately, the board thought otherwise

Courter '08

Skyray

QuoteKnowing BG Courter personally, that's exactly what she intended.  She couldn't support a motion that would benefit her.  Fortunately, the board thought otherwise

Isn't that a refreshing change.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

Pylon

Quote from: Skyray on August 14, 2007, 01:01:10 PM
QuoteKnowing BG Courter personally, that's exactly what she intended.  She couldn't support a motion that would benefit her.  Fortunately, the board thought otherwise

Isn't that a refreshing change.

Absolutely.

It's how true professionals operate.  I'm glad to see General Courter as part of our national leadership and expect many great things from her in the years to come.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Skyray

I was a little confused by the following sentence in the minutes copied supra until I realized that the minutes were from the March Board Meeting:
QuoteThe National Commander expressed a desire that the motion be effective on 3 Mar 07,
with strong affirmative concurrence by the National Board.
Good for Tony.  He advocated something to benefit someone else.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member