Main Menu

Triangle Thingy Missing

Started by sardak, March 28, 2012, 03:01:50 AM

sardak

Triangle thingy spottings disappearances is more like it. I was going to put this in the Triangle Thingy Spottings thread, but I got a warning that the thread was over 60 days old, and maybe I should start a new thread. OK, this puts a positive spin on things.

The masthead of this year's Legislative Day Newsletter differs from last year's by the deletion of the Triangle Thingy and "Citizens Serving Communities" and replacing them with the words "U.S. Air Force Auxiliary." The command patch was added at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately, this change leaves too much white space at the top, making it look unbalanced and like something is missing (maybe there is). I think the command emblem should have been placed at the top, where the TT was.

The new newsletters are available here: http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cap_national_hq/cap_reports/  Get them before a wing commander pulls a wing's, which happened last year with Nevada.

Mike

Eclipse

Interesting numbers.

My wing's aren't 100% correct, and it appears some wings included training missions in their counts and some didn't.

"That Others May Zoom"

Major Carrales

I think the "Triangle thingy" was a function of the previous administration and, now, is resigned a bit to history.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

arajca

FlyTiger77

Quote from: arajca on March 28, 2012, 06:31:15 PM
Don't get our hopes up.

We can at least dream of a CAP without the Triangle Thingy, can't we?
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

LTC Don

Just noticed something of interest on the national Facebook page..........   >:D

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Civil-Air-Patrol/107647995924164

I like it.   :clap:  Clean, basic, and too the point (Even though it should be the one specified in regulations and not yet another iteration.)
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

vento

Oh S**t, we are going to have a new TTT every year now...  :o

RickFranz

I think that was the new one approved by the NEC at their last meeting.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

arajca

It is.

The TTT that we all know and loathe has been replaced by the simple emblem shown on the facebook page.

LGM30GMCC

Pylon

Oh come on!  Another, new logo!   :o >:(
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

a2capt

At. Least. It. Doesn't. Suck. Nearly. As. Bad.

The triangle shape isn't touching the prop, it's not got letters buried within it, and it could be construed to be part of the original one that we have already, which mind you, is just fine for what it is and does us very well.

But electorate bodies must vote on stuff so they feel needed and change makes them feel like they accomplished something. ;)

OTOH, I'll believe it when I see it. As in, the other one gone. I suspect what this means now is there will be 5 of the things instead of four, and we'll still visit this identity crisis topic again.

Remember, they just started using the other one w/o any real guidance, or vote, because someone made it, and someone else thought it was 'cute'.

arajca

Quote from: a2capt on May 21, 2012, 02:18:21 PM
At. Least. It. Doesn't. Suck. Nearly. As. Bad.

The triangle shape isn't touching the prop, it's not got letters buried within it, and it could be construed to be part of the original one that we have already, which mind you, is just fine for what it is and does us very well.

But electorate bodies must vote on stuff so they feel needed and change makes them feel like they accomplished something. ;)

OTOH, I'll believe it when I see it. As in, the other one gone. I suspect what this means now is there will be 5 of the things instead of four, and we'll still visit this identity crisis topic again.

Remember, they just started using the other one w/o any real guidance, or vote, because someone made it, and someone else thought it was 'cute'.
Actually, this one WAS voted on by the NEC. Apparently, they decided the TTT didn't meet the needs and, as many of us felt, didn't fit in with our official logos.

When you place the new logo in line with the existing logos (seal, emblem, majcom), it fits in and it is THE common element of the other three.

Mustang

They could've left well enough alone--the "emblem" has served us well since the '40s--but this new one is fine.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Eclipse

Quote from: Mustang on May 23, 2012, 10:29:16 PM
They could've left well enough alone--the "emblem" has served us well since the '40s--but this new one is fine.

I think most of us would agree, but if one assumes an update was necessary, then this is certainly better and shows more lineage
then the last version.

The USAF was fine for decades with the Hap Arnold wings, but saw fit to update those, and the process took over 6 years from start to finish (~98 to 2004).

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

Well, its better than the original triangle-thingy at least.  Still unnecessary though.

AngelWings

The TT and all of its variations look like crap. A preschooler could draw something better than it. It looks ugly and unprofessional IMO and doesn't really represent us to be more than a flyers organization.

wuzafuzz

I agree it's better than the old triangle thingy, but it' still horrid.  As I posted on the Facebook page for CAP: It looks like the offspring of a dunce cap and propeller beanie mating. Another nail in the coffin for our professional image.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Civil-Air-Patrol/107647995924164

So far the "Likes" outnumber the dislikes.  :-(
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."