Senior member and cadet requirememnt

Started by pbarden, May 13, 2014, 02:10:22 AM

Майор Хаткевич

So as long as it says "this is NOT an official CAP event", CAP is OK with it?

lordmonar

Quote from: usafaux2004 on May 14, 2014, 01:18:22 PM
So as long as it says "this is NOT an official CAP event", CAP is OK with it?
If it is not CAP.....it's not CAP......what could they say?   Assuming that it is not breaking a CPP thing.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

a2capt

But then if it is a CPP thing .. it's not CAP.

..but you could almost be that CAP will be dragged into it.

Майор Хаткевич

Please join us and help to celebrate the richness of the Xyz Squadron. This is not an official Xyz Squadron Event but a gathering of friends with a common interest in Xyz.

For Xyz members, parents, friends, etc. all are invited

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

No uniforms, and plenty of non members with disclaimer. I can see an ambulance chaser trying...but besides personal liability, is there any issue from the CAP side?

a2capt

Duck..  smells.. quacks..  ya know the deal ...
Quit tryin' to squirm the regs.. ;)

Eclipse

Quote from: usafaux2004 on May 14, 2014, 02:11:51 PM
No uniforms, and plenty of non members with disclaimer. I can see an ambulance chaser trying...but besides personal liability, is there any issue from the CAP side?

The person you guys need to ask is the Wing CC or JA.  I just got an invite to the activity in question, and
this type of thing has been a question since I've been in CAP.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on May 14, 2014, 02:28:47 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on May 14, 2014, 02:11:51 PM

The person you guys need to ask is the Wing CC or JA.  I just got an invite to the activity in question, and
this type of thing has been a question since I've been in CAP.

Hence why I'm here. Getting input to relay to the people planning it, so that they get their ducks in a row, and most importantly cover themselves

If we can get CAP coverage for the event (though...out of uniform?), that's BETTER than the organizers being sued/booted out of CAP, because some ambulance chaser will drag CAP into this because "Squadron XYZs name was on the event, THUS this was a sanctioned CAP event". He may loose in court, but that's a costly proposition for CAP anyway.

Eclipse

At a minimum, the Wing CC can give you the proper language to make people understand,
thought the reality is CAP, Inc. is never going to be fully disavowed if people are members.

Don't forget to include your Group CC, too.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on May 14, 2014, 02:41:51 PM
At a minimum, the Wing CC can give you the proper language to make people understand,
thought the reality is CAP, Inc. is never going to be fully disavowed if people are members.

Don't forget to include your Group CC, too.

I've forwarded a link to this discussion as well as my thoughts to the organizers. It's quite unfortunate that this is the world we live in, but as a 22 year old "taking on" the HOA president, I learned a very good $1500 lesson as to where "right" and "just" lie sometimes.